Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Amazing akoya keshis @MotherOfPearlTrumpet!!! I love LOVE akoya keshis! They are tiny with have incredible luster and personality! And extra kudos to you for your patience with making them into a triple necklace! Triple WOW!!!

@jeg Oh the subtle ombre!!!! So beautiful! And everything else too ;-)

@CatMom Love the T bracelet and the star ring!!!! I got a sapphire star ring for my 18th birthday from my parents when we were on a trip in Thailand but unfortunately the strong star has faded into a very subtle star...But still it paits well with Tahitians, one of these days I will take it out and look at it again. Yours is pure gorgeousnes!

So I know I am on a non-pearl buy year but gifts don’t count right? :) The backstory for this stainless steel necklace. I bought it for my Mom 20 years ago, it is Italian and had 4 big (fake) Tahitian pearls. My Mom loved it and wore it for many years. Until I got into pearls and couldn’t look at this necklace with same eyes anymore...and the fake Ts got all not-pretty looking with time... So I decided to give it an makeover with Australian South Sea pearls that i came to appreciate so much last year. The necklace needed big pearl so my budget said circles and Care Ehret happened to have a lot of these lustrous beauties on her website. There were two extra pearls so I asked Margaret of Simply Adorned to make two simple lariats with freshwater keshis for my sister and me.... I am so happy with the result and I am sure my Mom (and sister who is just along for the ride;-) will be too!

And then there is this time-traveller necklace which was a total surprise! In a real! effort to NOT buy anymore pearls or supplies I gave away a part of my stash to ftiends who are beaders and I had this carved Tahitian from Wen that I just had no idea wha to do with it. Yesterday my beader friend came to visit with this necklace ( with sparkly blue sapphires and red coral) which reminded me so much of ( Kojima’s or Kamoka’s) time-traveller pieces that I didnt even allow myself to want openly ;-) Again my no-pearl buy year is going really well ;-))))
7B0F2F5C-104E-460B-835A-2D948E4D45E5.jpeg
0E5D441D-C570-40E7-98EC-D5E7782582B5.jpeg

614F8B2A-2733-4276-8908-D1AD85A5A7D1.jpeg
6BCEB066-7ADA-411B-B314-AEEA1E6E04D2.jpeg
CB949181-5D13-488E-96F3-95CFC09EC584.jpeg

Amazing akoya keshis @MotherOfPearlTrumpet!!! I love LOVE akoya keshis! They are tiny with have incredible luster and personality! And extra kudos to you for your patience with making them into a triple necklace! Triple WOW!!!

@CatMom Love the T bracelet and the star ring!!!! I got a sapphire star ring for my 18th birthday from my parents when we were on a trip in Thailand but unfortunately the strong star has faded into a very subtle star...But still it paits well with Tahitians, one of these days I will take it out and look at it again. Yours is pure gorgeousnes!

So I know I am on a non-pearl buy year but gifts don’t count right? :) The backstory for this stainless steel necklace. I bought it for my Mom 20 years ago, it is Italian and had 4 big (fake) Tahitian pearls. My Mom loved it and wore it for many years. Until I got into pearls and couldn’t look at this necklace with same eyes anymore...and the fake Ts got all not-pretty looking with time... So I decided to give it an makeover with Australian South Sea pearls that i came to appreciate so much last year. The necklace needed big pearl so my budget said circles and Care Ehret happened to have a lot of these lustrous beauties on her website. There were two extra pearls so I asked Margaret of Simply Adorned to make two simple lariats with freshwater keshis for my sister and me.... I am so happy with the result and I am sure my Mom (and sister who is just along for the ride;-) will be too!

And then there is this time-traveller necklace which was a total surprise! In a real! effort to NOT buy anymore pearls or supplies I gave away a part of my stash to ftiends who are beaders and I had this carved Tahitian from Wen that I just had no idea wha to do with it. Yesterday my beader friend came to visit with this necklace ( with sparkly blue sapphires and red coral) which reminded me so much of ( Kojima’s or Kamoka’s) time-traveller pieces that I didnt even allow myself to want openly ;-) Again my no-pearl buy year is going really well ;-))))View attachment 465006View attachment 465005
View attachment 465003View attachment 465004View attachment 465002
Thank you eolian! Stars do pair well with pearls and I hope to see yours some day. Your new pearls are just gorgeous, especially the south seas. I'm really liking carved pearls lately but I am also trying to be good. I've spent so much on pearls this year, lol, but there's just so many gorgeous ones out there!

Thanks so much, StevieBoy! Yes, the soft ombre is very subtle and that little section has some unusual colors that tend towards pistachio and bronze. Thank you, eolian! Wow, you really scored for being on a non pearl buying year! I don’t know if I can pick a favorite from your new pieces. They are all very fun and wearable and are reading beachy vibe with your gorgeous sea in the background.

I also had some Australian SS’s out this week. A strand of special white SS from the Kimberley Region of Australia. They were grown in wild caught oysters. I haven’t had this strand out in a long time and had forgotten how silky the pearls were. Worn with a SS keshi tin cup I put together, and enamel rings from Paris.
IMG_1106.jpeg
IMG_7947.jpeg
IMG_1097.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks so much, StevieBoy! Yes, the soft ombre is very subtle and that little section has some unusual colors that tend towards pistachio and bronze. Thank you, eolian! Wow, you really scored for being on a non pearl buying year! I don’t know if I can pick a favorite from your new pieces. They are all very fun and wearable and are reading beachy vibe with your gorgeous sea in the background.

I also had some Australian SS’s out this week. A strand of special white SS from the Kimberly Region of Australia. They were grown in wild caught oysters. I haven’t had this strand out in a long time and had forgotten how silky the pearls were. Worn with a SS keshi tin cup I put together, and enamel rings from Paris.
View attachment 465007View attachment 465008View attachment 465009
Oh the luster is fabulous and I love the flower rings. A perfect pairing!

I also had some Australian SS’s out this week. A strand of special white SS from the Kimberley Region of Australia. They were grown in wild caught oysters. I haven’t had this strand out in a long time and had forgotten how silky the pearls were. Worn with a SS keshi tin cup I put together, and enamel rings from Paris.
View attachment 465007View attachment 465008View attachment 465009
Stunning South Seas as always @jeg. I wish I lived next door. I would love to hold these in person. The smoothness and weight is just wonderful.
We appreciate your always taking the time to share your "looks" with all of us.

And then there is this time-traveller necklace which was a total surprise! In a real! effort to NOT buy anymore pearls or supplies I gave away a part of my stash to ftiends who are beaders and I had this carved Tahitian from Wen that I just had no idea wha to do with it. Yesterday my beader friend came to visit with this necklace ( with sparkly blue sapphires and red coral) which reminded me so much of ( Kojima’s or Kamoka’s) time-traveller pieces that I didnt even allow myself to want openly ;-) Again my no-pearl buy year is going really well ;-))))View attachment 465006View attachment 465005
What a FUN necklace. Love the picture with the wet hair and bathing suit cover! That makes the pearls even more beautiful. The pairing with the little crystal hearts is very fun. I'll have to try something like this.

@eolianpearls ...Amazing akoya keshis @MotherOfPearlTrumpet!!! I love LOVE akoya keshis! They are tiny with have incredible luster and personality! And extra kudos to you for your patience with making them into a triple necklace! Triple WOW!!!

THANK YOU for your "Triple WOW!!!" The 3-strand keshi is actually knotted between each pearl-I felt that high-end clasp deserved the work that entailed. They were so expensive I didn't ever want to risk loosing one. These silvery-gray pearls are very nice Keshi pearls, but below is a MUCH more challenging strand...(it is listed in "My Pearling Story" under Show us Your Pearls in Action! Thread. Detailed story there.)

I purchased this necklace for the clasp, which I used on another project. When I purchased it, it was missing a strand of keshi pearls and the "silk thread-tag and 1 or 2 pearls was dangling off the clasp on each side. I later learned why...each strand was strung on very thin silk and the sharpness of the drill hole on those tiny sometimes hollow keshi pearls was sharp and shredded right through that fine silk. The holes are so tiny!!! It had 6 strands when I purchased it (the missing strand was #7). I started by stringing them on #1 silk but by 3/4 way through the strand the silk broke from those tiny sharp pearls being dragged down the long strand of silk, and MANY of the pearls had to be reamed out just to get them onto the needle/thread. I quickly realized on that first strand that silk was not going to be the best solution. So, I got some "Extra Fine" silicone covered beading wire and used 14K white gold crimp beads. Many of the pearls had to be redrilled (using a #.06 drill bit on my Dremel). The wire acted as the needle, but I still had to refresh/clip the end of the beading wire often as the pearls shredded even that. Eventually I got them all restrung. Yikes this was a test in patience! The end result was worth it though. It is a 6 strand gray keshi pearl wonder. Looks (and feels) like wearing a thick rope of coral around my neck. I restrung them on a high-end 14K white gold magnetic twist clasp. The beading wire was the way to go, as the strands are not much more securely attached to the clasp. This method should last my lifetime. Only those of you who bead can appreciate what went into restringing this crazy necklace!
IMG_1081.JPG
IMG_1082 (2).JPG

Thanks @StevieBoy for your comment. This really is such a beautiful and well-designed clasp. The little "pin safety" arm is was broken/worn when it first arrived and my jeweler had to refresh the gold to get it to pop in the tiny hole again. That's what I LOVE about all uniquely designed clasps that are not mass produced; they involve ingenuity and creativity that can only come from an artist with vision. Incredible. (And thanks for asking for these close-ups of the clasp, you can now see more of the color in these beautiful little round 3mm pearls.)
IMG_2302 2.JPG
IMG_2303.JPG

I haven't worn these Tahitians in a while; now that summer is here I've pulled it out again.
The spots of red reflected in some of the pearls is the color of my front door.

mixed colors Tahitian strand.jpeg

I love the colors of some of them. One is a bit bronze.

Multicolored Tahitians in hand forum.jpeg

I got my husband to try it on-- I think it actually looks better on him! I told him he can wear it any time-- and I think he will, too, judging from his smille when seeing it on himself.

Husband wearing mixed Tahitian necklace.jpeg

Last edited:
Wearing my 6-strand tiny round peacock pearls with a 14K White Gold Sapphire clasp. The clasp was vintage and was VERY loved by its former owner. After removing the very worn pearls, my jeweler was able to get the clasp working properly and re-dipped it in rhodium. Sapphire/diamond earrings to match the clasp. I just love the subtitle shades on these tiny pearls. Hard to see in this picture but they are purple/blue/coppery/gray.
View attachment 465000
I love the pearls and the clasp! Tiny pearls, one more thing to add to my list, sigh. I can't wait to learn to string my own pearls so that I can find vintage clasps. I have ordered Pattye's starter kit.

I haven't worn these Tahitians in a while; now that summer is here I've pulled it out again.

View attachment 465015

View attachment 465017

I got my husband to try it on-- I think it actually looks better on him! I told him he can wear it any time-- and I think he will, too, judging from his smille when seeing it on himself.

View attachment 465018
Wow, it looks great on him. I tried to get my hubby interested in pearls but it was a big no. Not even a single on a leather band even though he agreed that would be cool.

Today I'm wearing my Tahitian strand and bracelet from Pearl Source as well as my Kamoka drop and flashy pink ring. Also some baroque Tahitian drop earrings I just picked up from Sea Beauty.

1688058241158.jpeg

1688058294162.jpeg

He still has it on! I think he's going to wear it all day!

Does your hubby wear any other jewelry, beside a wedding ring or watch?
I think that's great! My hubby only wears his ring and a watch. He's definitely a watch guy though.

View attachment 465015

View attachment 465017

View attachment 465018
i love these kind of pearls where there is an ombre effect within the pearl body itself. so beautifully organic!

Wearing my 6-strand tiny round peacock pearls with a 14K White Gold Sapphire clasp. The clasp was vintage and was VERY loved by its former owner. After removing the very worn pearls, my jeweler was able to get the clasp working properly and re-dipped it in rhodium. Sapphire/diamond earrings to match the clasp. I just love the subtitle shades on these tiny pearls. Hard to see in this picture but they are purple/blue/coppery/gray.
View attachment 465000
Wow! What a gorgeous piece...love all the tiny T's and that clasp is insanely beautiful. Everything looks GREAT!!

View attachment 465015

View attachment 465017

View attachment 465018
Yes...does look good on hubbie...That strand is beautiful @Pearl Dreams looks perfect for summer!

@eolian pearls you look like you could be in the pages of some fashion magazine modelling your pearls. Very lovely. The single tahitian on a cord is perfect for summer, though all of these look GREAT!!

@eolianpearls ...Amazing akoya keshis @MotherOfPearlTrumpet!!! I love LOVE akoya keshis! They are tiny with have incredible luster and personality! And extra kudos to you for your patience with making them into a triple necklace! Triple WOW!!!

THANK YOU for your "Triple WOW!!!" The 3-strand keshi is actually knotted between each pearl-I felt that high-end clasp deserved the work that entailed. They were so expensive I didn't ever want to risk loosing one. These silvery-gray pearls are very nice Keshi pearls, but below is a MUCH more challenging strand...(it is listed in "My Pearling Story" under Show us Your Pearls in Action! Thread. Detailed story there.)

I purchased this necklace for the clasp, which I used on another project. When I purchased it, it was missing a strand of keshi pearls and the "silk thread-tag and 1 or 2 pearls was dangling off the clasp on each side. I later learned why...each strand was strung on very thin silk and the sharpness of the drill hole on those tiny sometimes hollow keshi pearls was sharp and shredded right through that fine silk. The holes are so tiny!!! It had 6 strands when I purchased it (the missing strand was #7). I started by stringing them on #1 silk but by 3/4 way through the strand the silk broke from those tiny sharp pearls being dragged down the long strand of silk, and MANY of the pearls had to be reamed out just to get them onto the needle/thread. I quickly realized on that first strand that silk was not going to be the best solution. So, I got some "Extra Fine" silicone covered beading wire and used 14K white gold crimp beads. Many of the pearls had to be redrilled (using a #.06 drill bit on my Dremel). The wire acted as the needle, but I still had to refresh/clip the end of the beading wire often as the pearls shredded even that. Eventually I got them all restrung. Yikes this was a test in patience! The end result was worth it though. It is a 6 strand gray keshi pearl wonder. Looks (and feels) like wearing a thick rope of coral around my neck. I restrung them on a high-end 14K white gold magnetic twist clasp. The beading wire was the way to go, as the strands are not much more securely attached to the clasp. This method should last my lifetime. Only those of you who bead can appreciate what went into restringing this crazy necklace!View attachment 465010View attachment 465011
That is a TREMENDOUS amount of work that went into this beauty @MotherOfPearlTrumpet . Do you wear it much?

Back