Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

jeg so pretty akoya strands. Well those strands at druzydesign usually sells pretty quickly. I know, I put them in my watch list and then they were sold. I was busy buying circled south sea pearls I guess. I think that Druzydesign has an akoya strand with mixed sizes pearls. Recently at least.
AzFlyGirl, I hope that your doctors appointment went well. It's a gorgeous necklace. No wonder that you want more of the same design. I do the same with my wavestrands...and clothes. Unfortunately my buying the same pieces in different colors backfired in regards of T-shirts...they stopped making them and there I was with only were holey ones. Difficult when you shouldn't go th the store and try them on. They all look like swiss cheese...I have found a new version that I am trying out. Soft, yes, not restricting, yes, not tight around the neck, yes, blue, yes. I only have to see how they hold up in the wash. Usually that brand I found don't do that. Well it works for jeans and cashmere sweaters at least...

I could look at these photos and drool all day long. So happy to have found this forum and everyone sharing their photos. I am amazed with all of the beauty, the creativity, and kindness of all. :wave:

So glad to have you join in, Donna!

A rope of Tahitian, white SS, and golden Myanmar, from Cees, with an ombré strand of Tahitian and SS pearls from Kojima.
5650AF6A-9D3D-4CD6-9911-983D7E29F457.jpeg

374F8E7C-7708-495A-90AC-DBE5506002BF.jpeg

Those are lovely jeg and your dress looks so fresh! Great combo!

Thank you for the akoya keshi love everyone! I need to string these tiny pearls still...
Douglas I cant remember how big are the Vietnamese keshis, but luckily I have bought gauge calipers that should be delivered soon and I will let you know. I was curious to know the true size of some of my pearls because the declared size is sometimes confusing for me... I have a few 10-11mm pearls with big difference in size...so I just followed my obsessive instincts and bought calipers;)

Jeg I missed your ombres!!!! And WOW that is the most glorious ombre combination ever!!! Otherworldly...

AzflyGirl lovely tin cup, fantastic for the summer!

Donna welcome to the forum!

Yesterday was a Ripple day! I adore Ripples and cannot resist when they have a metallic luster. This is my 'pretty in pink" strand.
I purchased it a couple of years ago, during a PP sale. It is big, off round and has an incredible metallic luster. I find it delightfully captivating !

831904CC 8FDC 4BF9 846C A2C5B815FEBB
Susan PG PP multi 1.jpg

Jeg, eolianpearls, your lovely mixed akoyas pushed me to buy my first blue akoya necklaces. (It helped that the necklaces I have been eyeing for months are part of PP's vault sale!) AzFlyGirl, your ripples have so many beautiful colors...and what a nice size! Jeg...I love seeing another appearance of your ombre necklace...

Everyone's pearls are so gorgeous. I'm wearing pearls almost every day, but not photographing them. The lighting is terrible this time of year.

BWeaves I have found myself wearing the few pearls I have every day, even though I work from home - they make me feel special. Even the cheap China Etsy versions … patiently awaiting my new purchase and getting ready to purchase my cart from PP. my hubby may leave me ;) But they make me happy.

Thanks so much everyone! Usually the full strands don’t get worn as much this time of year, but I do like to get them out, if not for just a little playtime.

AzFlyGirl, yes, pretty in pink! They look wonderful on you!

TriciaS and DonnaH, ooo, can’t wait to see your new pearls! I also found a little something in the vault sale...:rolleyes:

DonnaH., I love that appreciation for all pearls. Baroques and mis-shaped pearls were once inexpensive cast offs, too. I love and appreciate the whole range, regardless of what price might be attached to it. AND, if hubby leaves you, tell him to do it sooner rather than later- then you can join us at Pearls By The Bay, instead of going to the in-laws reunion!:lmao:

I made this little anklet last year. I like anklets, but I rarely take pictures of my ankles!
E6DEE18E-D5E7-499D-868D-C570DA24FD6A.jpeg
8D40F69B-8E77-4DA3-92F9-09507B3491B6.jpeg

Nice anklet! I rarely see them these days (well, being locked up inside my house does not help! :lol:).
Oh those ripples are just so supple, large, mouth-watering! The metallic sheen is mesmerizing!

Ack- sorry Donna, I had you confused with Tricia, who is missing PBTB due to an in-law get together! :pat:

Thanks, Douglas!

jeg no problem with confusion. … I saw the gathering posts and literally looked at flights. Love the area! I would have brought the hubby along. I have show golden retrievers and will be going to our National show that same month …. So, I hope to be there in spirit and see everyone’s photos from the gathering.

love the anklet!! And I love those shoes. I have a similar pair in a soft purple that I love. :)

Ok….the mail came!!!!! I feel like a kid with a new toy. I put them on and immediately felt beautiful. It’s funny how there was so much magic in one little box. I have wanted a nice strand of pearls my whole life, and now 3.5 weeks away from turning 60 just look! They are perfect

Attachments

• photo70703.jpg
    photo70703.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
They’re absolutely beautiful with your skin. And I must say I love that color top.
Well done, great results, yaaaay!:35:
also, great starters, size, glow, everything!

They look gorgeous and fresh! Great purchase and I hope you will wear them in Health! :biggthumpup:

Donna, they are perfect! Happy early birthday to you!!:party: I have a feeling you won’t be taking them off any time soon!

Thanks, Douglas and Donna! Donna, the shoes were handmade by a young Turkish gentleman who used to sell them at our local Saturday Market. They were all rather one of a kind because he would use scraps of leather. I have a couple other colors, too.

Green Tahitian strand from PP. I purchased these on my very first visit to the vault. Worn with a mixed Tahitian strand and earrings I made.
A54D7257-0F36-4842-8738-14DE1CEAAE50.jpeg
3BD3E51A-9A66-4DB5-9E0D-A01DB7655B92.jpeg

Ooh, everyone looks LOVELY! DonnaH, some dreams do take a lifetime, but WOW, you look wonderful in those beautiful new pearls and that bright top ... CONGRATULATIONS! (Also, we happen to have a PETS thread on here, so if anyone were interested in posting cute pictures of Golden Retrievers ... just saying lol) Also ... Jeg has CUTE shoes!!!

Back