Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you BWeaves, Charlotta and Jeg! I really love the new pendant! Thank you Charlotta for your kind offer, yes, if you see some blues that might go well with the pendant please let me know... I can always jump off the pearl ban for the blues, that’s the first rule of the pearl ban :) As for Simply Adorned’s shipping, I am sure if you contact Margaret she can work out the shipping to Sweden, she is absolutely amazing and helpful in everything!

Jeg I LOVE your metallics! they glow!!! And the keshis are really big! I havent realized how big they were the first time around. Very pretty! And the earrings...very special!
I will definitely post more pictures from my Margaret package tomorrow, yes, I was kind of forced into being a patient person when I moved into a small island with very haphazard ferry service outside of summer season...post comes once a week and you basically never know how long it will take for anything to arrive, Amazon Prime or not :) I am so happy to get my first big pearly package of the year with the mega one still in the US...I am exercising that patience now...while playing with the new beauties...

Thank you, Charlotta, BWeaves, and eolian!

How disappointing to miss your mail today, BWeaves.:( Well, I’m glad the pics look okay on your laptop because I cannot get used to the big size on my iPad. They practically look life-size and it’s scary.:eek:

Eolian, I would have a hard time waiting a whole year, but how exciting when you get all the pearls at once! I’m excited for you and anxiously waiting to see everything!

I know just what you mean eolian pearls about being forced to patience. The only thing that gets here fast is UPS. I love UPS, they sometimes even text me if there is anything unclear. DHL Express sometimes works as well. The thing that makes them fast is that they don't use the swedish postal service at all. Fedex does. The swedish postal service slows things down for weeks. And mostly everything ships via the swedish postal service. I have accually stopped paying extra for express, it does not make me have to wait any less. Do you have an update on all your pearls that are in the us. I don't know if anyone will be able to travel much before autumn. What with the vaccine delayes and all. Maybe she can send it to you via UPS? That would be pricey with the custom fees though.

Charlotta exactly! Fedex is the worst! So much hassle when the other carriers are able to sort everything out much more smoothly and timely...Of course the “timely” here doesnt really mean the same “timely” as for our friends in the US...Anyway, things are happening in my life and around the world that are putting everything into perspective... I can be patient for pearls...

In the meantime here is the first look at the highlights from the Simply Adorned package! I have been dreaming about lariat necklaces and tin cups, and I love the tourmalines so this is that dream coming true :) And the shells....inspired by Jeg of course! And picked up at my island and gifted to me by fisherman friends so these are very special pieces to me. Will model them out in the next days, feeling like Christmas ever since the package arrived!

Attachments

• 6F485BD4-16B0-42F3-A828-DD1ED2D15291.jpeg
    6F485BD4-16B0-42F3-A828-DD1ED2D15291.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 23
  • C017DD50-CE15-40A0-B057-D2F775F707B2.jpeg
    C017DD50-CE15-40A0-B057-D2F775F707B2.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 73941AB8-AFE4-4E60-8536-068D11DD345D.jpeg
    73941AB8-AFE4-4E60-8536-068D11DD345D.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 35
And this summer piece I wanted to compliment the abalone pearl earrings I already had from Margaret...
AF14D19C-974B-4874-A3D2-79FDE6C61589.jpeg

So many pretty new pieces eolian pearls. I especially love the colors of the last one. Love blue, green and purple together. And I love the shells. What are those soft red or orange ones? Haven't seen those before. Extra special to have pieces from your Island in these ones.

Wowie, eolian!!:p Thank you for coloring my morning with a fantastically happy surprise. I absolutely love all the cheerful pieces. Oh, those orange shells are such special pieces. Are they indigenous to your area? You have me motivated to go play with my seashells again! Looking forward to seeing you wear all these special pearls, gems and shells.:eek:

Thank you guys! I am happy to color your morning Jeg and of course I will be most curious to see what you come up with when you play with shells and pearls again!
The orange shells are called “eye of Santa Lucia” in Italy but they have other names such as “eye of Naxos” in Greece where they use mostly the other side of the shell which when washed by the sea can be white, but I do prefer the orange side. You can see a little bit more information about it here
http://www.capriblog.it/it/occhio-di...lucia/?lang=en
I read that these shells can be found on some beaches in the Mediterranean but on my island only the fisherman find them once in a while when the shellfish gets stuck in their nets...I find them so special and will definitely try to bribe the fishermen for more ;-)

Thank you for the information, eolian! I am more familiar with that white swirl side of the shell. The species I have found on beaches are not conducive to drilling. They are very thick and shaped more like half of a marble.

More pics of my tri-colored strand from Cees. Earrings are golden SS and white freshwater.
23A51157-F702-412D-B9A4-2558B14B295D.jpeg

115E7AE6-30CA-43F8-B0F0-A46ACC7DD9C0.jpeg

That strand is gorgeous jeg.
There are so many beautiful shells to be found, somewhere else. In sweden there aren't that many pretty ones. I think that they are beautiful with pearls, perhaps not the blue mussels that we use as bait. They are also quite big, and not all that blue either

The new ombre strand is absolutely lovely Jeg! And your dress is so cute! Spring is finally here! Yay!!!

Beautiful strand Jeg! I love it!

Thank you, Charlotta, eolian and Douglas! Yes, Spring is finally here! I think we favor the same seasons, eolian. I love the light and sunshine, and I am anxiously awaiting the blooms from the bleeding hearts and columbines. Always my Spring favorites.

Two Kojima feather pearl mixed strands, with freshwater earrings I made.
Click image for larger version  Name:	F7DF0F10-1948-4EF5-8BA1-4985CC5B7D97.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	289.7 KB ID:	451447

Click image for larger version  Name:	70884FBC-A17A-4D0D-8263-67F2A41F210C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	128.3 KB ID:	451448

I love the mixed necklaces too Jeg! And yes spring and summer full of sun and flowers are definitely my favorite seasons.

Back to feather pearls as far as I understand these are non nucleated FWP (second harvest?) with distinct lines that make them look like feathers, I see them as “angel wings”. I have also discovered them on PG, specifically BWeaves has a lovely angelwing pendant from Kojima that absolutely won me over. So yes, of course, in case you were wondering, I DO have a feather pearl in my mega stash in the US waiting to get to me when the time is right...:)

Attachments

• photo69415.jpg
    photo69415.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 29
Lovely ombre' JEG! Gorgeous feather, eolian pearls! That's a very pretty one. Prettier than mine.

Today, Nana's pearls. Double strand necklace with the clasp in front. Double pearl earrings.

For the newbies. The earrings and clasp are the original akoya pearls. The akoya strand attached to the clasp was 60 years old, not the best quality, and completely worn out after decades of constant wear by my nana and me.

I had PP replace the old akoyas with Freshadamas. I liked them so much, I had them match a second strand. The clasp will actually handle 3 strands, but the pearls would need to be smaller than than the 8 mm pearls I have attached right now. I like the two strands, and the way they look like they cross at the clasp.

IMG_9660.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9660.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	265.5 KB ID:	451468

IMG_9660.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9660.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	265.5 KB ID:	451468

Last edited:
DSC09866 (2).JPG

DSC09862 (2).JPG

Here I am in my most recent purchases, a white South Sea strand and a Siam ruby bracelet. Couldn't be any happier with either of them. The WSS strand is so easy to wear casually like this or formally over a white dress shirt, it's incredible to me.

Nice feather pearl strands jeg and yay finally spring. My crocuses are blooming.
I hope that you get all your pearls soon eolian pearls. I want to see them.
Bweaves, love your nanas strand. In my family there has never been any pearls to be found. Not even a pair of pearl earrings. To boring, looks like they all prefered gold. Maybe I'm adopted! I don't count the majolica strand my father bought my mother ones...
rokor, your new south sea strand looks great on you. I have a beloved white slightly baroque oval south sea strand from Cees that is perfect with everything. It's now my good white strand, I don't use the akoyas anymore so I made tassels and waveropes out of them instead.

Back