Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

All so fabulous. Eolian those pearls are gorgeous, and a wonderful combination with the tourmaline. I’ve also tried to wire wrap, without much success, with the intention of making earrings. Probably I need to do as Jeg suggests and just keep going until I get the hang of it.
Bweaves, love ally the combos, especially the tin cups (wire wrapping - sigh).
Ah, Jeg, those Rikiteas...

@Eolian pearls, thank you for your kind comment on the pastels. They really are beautiful pearls. 11-12mm, which seems to be my favourite size for Tahitians - any bigger within my price range and the tend to be either dull or heavily blemished. But I’m very happy with the surface and luster on these. They’re from CMW Pearl (they’re on Etsy, but it’s cheaper to buy direct from their website). My silver rounds are also from them, and I have my eye on a very colourful circled strand ATM, but I’m trying to resist.

Oooo Jeg, love the asymmetric sweater. I drooled over the blue keshi chain. Love the Rikitea pearls and the pendant.

White pearls for me today. Hanadama earrings and rope. Nana's double strand Freshadamas. All from PP. Mom's akoya ring.

IMG_8930.jpg

SydK thank you for the info on CMW Pearls! Serependity wanted that I discovered their etsy shop exactly yesterday (etsy suggestion) and then I saw your message:) They do have some lovely lovely pearls ... and yours are truly marvelous! 11-12mm is a great size and the shapes of your pastels are my favorite as well...Too bad I have landed on ban island as of Monday...I guess I’ll be spending my time there wire-wrapping? :))

Thank you Jeg for your suggestion, I will try to do as you say and play around with glass beads, if that doesnt work out I always have the wonderful Margaret of Simply Adorned to help me with my projects...
Oh and your blue akoya mini chains are TDF!!! And the combination with Rikiteas and that big Tahitian pendant is just a picture of gorgeousness...I am sure you already wrote it somewhere, but can I ask how big is the pendant?

Today we finally had good light to make some pearl pictures so I am posting a new pic of the tourmaline “pendant” please ignore the “wire-wrapping” and a few new pearls I bought recently ( landed me on the ban island) I keep adding to my Tahitian love necklace still not finished yet but we’re getting there...

7E3D6B37-7423-4570-883F-F4806E7615AA.jpg
EA3B3736-3A90-4BC4-8E7C-3ECE602256F7.jpg

Last edited:
Eolian pearls, Wow. Love the pendant! And the colors on those pearls. Swoon. Love your sweater, too.

Jeg that is a stunning combination.
Those white pearls are so pretty together Bweaves.
Amazing colors eolian pearls

Eolian, the Tahitian love strand is beautiful? Wonderful colours. How long do you plan to make the finished strand?

Thank you BWeaves, eolian, Katbran and Charlotta!

Eolian, I was going to ask the same question as SydK- how long do you want your strand to eventually be? The Tahitian pearl from Katbran is 14.5 x 17mm.

Oh groan. I want them all. Including the sweater.

and your ring, Bweaves! Oh heck, the whole pearl ensemble! Perfection, sigh.

Last edited:
Thank you ladies for the necklace and sweater love ;-)
I still have 5 more pearls from Druzy coming to add to the necklace, I was thinking about 22inches would be perfect, let’s see... I cant look at her site anymore as I am always tempted to add a new color..
Jeg that Tahitian is huge! And so colorful and lustrous for such a big size! Very very special!

Thank you ladies for the necklace and sweater love ;-)

I still have 5 more pearls from Druzy coming to add to the necklace, I was thinking about 22inches would be perfect, let’s see... I cant look at her site anymore as I am always tempted to add a new color...and it’s so so easy to justify to myself that really I am buying just one more pearl...My work is tourism related so my pearl budget is not too great this year...But I have quite a few new pendants to compensate...

Jeg that Tahitian is huge! And so colorful and lustrous for such a big size! Very very special!

Eolian, 22 inches is a nice length - long enough so you can see it while you’re wearing it, and a bit of swing and movement. I look forward to seeing the finished product.
Jeg, I hadn’t realised that Tahitian was quite so big! I agree with Eolian Pearls, the colour and luster is just amazing for a pearl that size.
Circles and linen for me today.
51FE4601-EF5E-488C-A49F-D3D3A82F4E45.jpg

Thank you eolian and SydK!
Eolian, your strand is almost complete!
SydK, fun circled pearls and wishing it were spring here.

A Tahitian pendant from Kojima with a Kamoka strand.
286BADAB-327F-416D-A7FE-0FDC70A8AA25.jpeg

549C1AC1-7559-4B87-849E-F54387F854F0.jpg

SydK, I like your circled strand with the linen. I wish it was spring here as well. I really do like autumn, the leaves and the crisp air. I just don't like winter...
Jeg, another amazing combination. That Kamoka strand is amazing.

I wasn’t sure if I had any pearls I could wear with this new top (which is brighter than I expected), so I tried a few things on - and I was reminded again that pearls go with everything :)
Silver grey Tahitians
435657CE-2B68-49E4-A0A5-7CC565E7DC7D.jpg
Vintage akoyas with ruby spacers
2C23AD59-F259-46BC-A935-10690E561F99.jpg
Dyed nuggets (pearl purists, look away now :))
5445F80C-5DF4-434E-8DD5-5725FB59C4D1.jpg
Bronze ripples and a mixed strand:
91F92FBE-325F-48AE-A2EC-089BA3A72E37.jpg

Wow, SydK ... every one of those pearl looks works fantastic with that bright top!

Back