Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves that pendant on your Akoya strand is absolutely stunning! I love it with your green shirt.

86Corvettegirl your white strands paired with the cross is such a gorgeous look. Hope you enjoyed your dinner.

Thanks, Katbran!!

Beautiful Akoya, Andrew, BWeaves, and 86C! I feel like I should be posting white Akoya, but I’m breaking the trend...

A couple more days in my new copper Tahitian strand from the current PP sale.
D2A9AE7E-B4CE-4731-81AE-9418358D4352.jpg

8D6C21C6-6601-4A7D-AF21-8EC9CBF2DA71.jpg

I found this interesting pearl at Pearls By The Bay, and had Sarah set a gold loop on the top so I could use it as a pendant.
E6B41916-E2BB-4DAE-B4C9-8410F02EDC9C.jpg

F41CEE38-CB94-40F8-9A3A-DB9533AB3BB7.jpg

Thanks, Gemandpearlover, jeg & BW! The cross is an enhancer so it could be used as a zipper pull. What a great idea! Your Hanadama earrings & your Mom's choker look wonderful on you. Classic never goes out of style.

Jeg, those copper T's are just magical! Such a great look!!

AndrewM, your mothers akoya studs are beautiful.
Bweaves, your emerald pendant is so beautiful. I also think that you cannot go wrong with a white akoya strand and studs, I usecto wear that a lot as well. Nowadays when I want something classic I wear my 8,10-11,4 mm white south sea strand from Cees and my 9,4mm white south sea studs. My poor akoyas, that really are gorgeous are abandoned, but I let familymembers borrow them for special occasions.
86Corvettegirl, I really like that pendant.
Jeg, your new copper strand is gorgeous.
Katbran, the headpiece stayed on, secured by about 20 hairpins, it still hurts. Noone new what a flapper was though, they thought I was suppose to be an angel...

Thank you, 86C, Charlotta and Gemandpearlover!

86C, looks like a fun play date! They are gorgeous together.

I am still crafting with my seashells. I had these pinkish pearls and keshi from Carolyn Ehret for a while, just waiting for the right project. I incorporated them with my beads and seashells to make a necklace and coordinating strand. I also found a loose pink, champagne, with some green, Edison that I turned into a pendant. Most of these shells are from Okinawa and Hawaii, and one from Sanibel Island.
7041D677-9416-4E35-AEEB-ADA6C2BF77EE.jpg

05C104D0-1DD6-4728-83B2-5FAC89CB4A48.jpg

7FDCA301-0E90-408A-A5F7-85985AFCE50E.jpg

86Corvettegirl, your ombre is so pretty. It's always a pleasure seeing it.
Jeg, such pretty seashells.

Thank you, Marianne, 86C, Charlotta and Red! I’m ready to hit the beach, now!:cool:

94C3D44B-96DE-43EA-8147-472C2F9C9F55.jpg

Last edited:
86Corvette and JEG, you are both making me drool. If it wasn't for you guys, and Baby Nurse, I would never have dreamed of mixing up my pearls like I do now.

It's still 90F here, but it's starting to look a little bit like fall. Lots of Tahitians today. Earrings with opals, short and long necklaces from Kojima. TNT necklace (tourmalines and Tahitians) from Ocean's Cove. New linen dress in a fall color.

fullsizeoutput_112c.jpg

fullsizeoutput_112e.jpg

BWeaves, and now you're a master mixer! Lovely look today :)

Jeg, you are SO ready for Hawaii; love the shells necklaces!!!

I wore my new Tahitian Love rope today. It is definitely Fall here, with temperatures in the 40s F. Time for a woolly coat and scarf. Love the steel blue colors of these Tahitians.

20191028_183235.jpg

And, the glamour photo from John at Pearl Paradise.

4311.jpg

Red - lovely silver blue strand ! It looks wonderful... just enough 'oomph' in the depth of colour!

BWeaves - Layering like a champ ! Fabulous look !

jeg .. jeg...jeg...... those sea shells are so cute. Did you drill them yourself ? You are like me...just gathering up things you love and saving them until a project pops into your mind !!

86Corvette - love the Ombre - such a classic and classy look !

Red that new rope looks fabulous! Love how the grey sweater and aqua scarf bring out the silver and aquas and steel blues in the Tahitians ... or maybe it's the pearls that bring out the clothing colors :) Perfect, anyway.

Thanks BWeaves, Cathy and Katbran! Yes, Katbran, I drilled the shells with a hand drill. My least favorite part of the process. I have made several pieces with seashells and seaglass and drilling seaglass is even less fun. :(

BWeaves, loving your luscious layers of Tahitians! Red, your cool shades compliment each other so nicely. That’s a great, versatile rope!

Back