Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really love that tiny emerald tincup Bweaves, its so pretty.
    That traveling pearl really goes everywhere, Jeg. I have traveling earrings, tahitian studs. Always brings those.

Comment

• Thanks, SunSeeker!

A way of finding cool water and charming backgrounds! Lovely pearl Jeg. Love the subtle variety of colors in it.

Comment

• I think this post is a bit of a cheat post. I bought a few things from the Smithsonian Store recently, including this necklace and these earrings, and was under the impression this necklace was rose quartz, aventurine, and freshwater pearls. Upon receiving it, however, I began thinking the pearls, though they looked good, were a bit suspiciously round for their price, and the weight felt a bit off. Tooth and rub-together tests all but confirmed it: imitation pearls. Ah to read more closely! But it still looks well enough to keep I think. If a mix of real and costume jewelry was good enough for Chanel, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be good enough for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	53F12843-F596-4190-A0CE-6462154B1176.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	382490

For the sake of good form, though, here’s my SimplyAdorned4U Sea of Cortez and SoC Keshi necklace in action as well:

Name:	470E532F-E037-4375-B452-F469B47163EE.jpeg
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	382491, Click image for larger version

Name:	E2DD32A1-B095-4C32-82A1-09A66D85000C.jpg
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	382492
        Last edited by Bonsava; 07-10-2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Beautiful keshi necklace Bonsava

Comment

• Bonsava, you're funny! That's a truly lovely double strand of pearls and gems. If the imitation pearls start peeling, you can easily replace with similar freshwaters. No need to shun imitation pearls.

The Cortez Pearl necklace is def 5 stars!!
            Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• There's nothing wrong with imitation pearls, if they're good ones. I think we all have some faux pearls in our pearl stash. Besides, you can always restring the necklace with freshies whenever you want. The SOC is gorgeous.

Comment

• Thanks Charlotta, Pattye, BWeaves! And Pattye, I try .

In the double strand, if you're eyeball-close to them, it's fairly obvious they are false, but when worn they are convincing. Ideally, I'd like to eventually add in freshwaters and a new clasp (I've become interested in pretty clasps that allow one to wear the necklace forward or backward for two looks), but in good time - at the moment, there's a certain lack of loose pearls, loose clasps, and - though this admittedly is something I could alter fairly easily, as a small shop near my home hosts pearl-knotting classes - knowledge of how to string.

Comment

• Bonsava, there are also threads with information on how to string on the Lowly Beaders Club forum here.

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/fo...y-Beaders-Club

Comment

• Bonsava, your necklace is lovely. If you love it, why not wear it in good health. You can always replace the faux with FW later on. Your SOC if beautiful. It just glows!

Comment

• I get on a kick and seem to wear the same thing in a row, but just a bit different.

little h pendant and tin-cup again, but this time with Mom's diamond huggies and SS drops. It's the same look as yesterday, but the cost difference between the metallic freshwater baroque drops and the perfect SS pearl drops is huge.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_7ae.jpg
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	382493

Name:	fullsizeoutput_7af.jpeg
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	382494

I'm not sure I like having that pendant in my cleavage. The emeralds have very sharp points. All day, I couldn't imagine what was poking my boob. Doh! I think I need to wear the pendant on a shorter pearl necklace when I wear it next to my skin.
                      Last edited by BWeaves; 07-10-2018, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Thanks, PD and 86C!

The price of beauty, eh, BWeaves? Uncomfortable that would definitely be, but you look beautiful with that arrangement, and the colors in the necklace look made for that blouse. Maybe you could find some greenish Tahitian/iridescent freshwater/maybe a WSS with really strong overtones to suspend from the chain as another option in addition to wearing that pendant on a shorter strand sometimes?

Comment

• I do have quite a few options for switching it up. I just don't seem to do it. I need to channel Baby Nurse more often. She has amazing mix and match style.

Comment

• Jeg thanks to your posts, I am inspired to do "pearl traveling" in the future too!

Bonsava your pearls are beautiful! Sometimes I feel that liking imitation pearls is cheating too but my mom has a strand of imitation pearls (She didn't know it was faux when she bought it tho) and man that strand is beautiful! When she found out about the pearls she was quite disappointed tho. I am planning to make a golden south sea pearl necklace and maybe trade it with my mom's imitation strand.

BWeaves that littleH pendant looks gorgeous on you! I'm looking forward to seeing you mixing and matching it with other jewelries!

Comment

• Bonsava- really lovely SoC necklace ! Very wearable ! And as for the other - why not ! It's a pretty piece and as Pattye said, you can always replace the imitation with Freshwater !

BWeaves - Classic earrings and love the Green on you !
                              https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                              https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Bonsava, I have loads of Majorica imitation pearls in various colors, sizes and shapes. I collect that brand specifically. They're just fun pieces.

Comment

Working...
                                X