Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Love those juicy pearls, jeg.

Temperatures in the 70s F call for celebration with my summer OSKA Ischiko pullover Ricordo in Beet. I layered on my white Tahitians from PP along with my little h white SS keshi drop earrings. There is one blue and white Fiji pearl in the center of the bracelet. I adore the little h drops because they are just perfect for me.

20190424_173700.jpg

20190424_173446.jpg

20190424_173731.jpg

20190424_173332.jpg

OOO Red, your white T's look great with your purple sweater.

So, I've been trying to mix it up the last few days. Monday it was La Perlagrina from Kamoka worn with opal and Tahitian drops from Kojima. They're a good match to the pendant.

fullsizeoutput_c97.jpg

Tuesday it was Dragons and Rice Krispies from Mom worn with Freshwater drops from Kojima. Handwoven silk and merino wool blouse.

fullsizeoutput_c9a.jpg

And my ripple necklace from Kojima double wrapped around my wrist as a bracelet. It worked well as a bracelet, but since I'm on a computer all day, it was really too bulky and I kept banging it on the desk. I probably won't wear it again like this to work. On the plus side, I got to admire the pearls all day without having to look in a mirror.

fullsizeoutput_c9e.jpg

Today, more polkadots. Mom's 9 mm akoya necklace worn with my birthday choker and Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon necklace (the longest one). Mom's South Sea drop earrings, and sapphire swan brooch.

fullsizeoutput_ca0.jpg

fullsizeoutput_ca2.jpg

Years ago, I never would have put these together, and the lack of nesting would have driven me crazy. But now I kinda like the messy look. Makes it less formal.

Wow, I never think my hair has gone grey until I see myself in photos.

Last edited:
OMG I'm so far behind ! Definitely going to have to jump back and forth there are so many wonderful pearls ! Easiest to start at the end !
BWeaves .. once again a winning combination with the Polka Dot dress and the wonderful white pearls ! I do love those earrings ! I know the colours in the Ripples is much more vibrant than the photo .. they do always seem to dim a bit in the light. And the little Rice Krispies are always a welcome sight.

Red - I too love those Keshi Earrings and the White Tahitians are so cool. The bracelet is an all time fav of mine !

jeg - There aren't enough adjectives for your outfits and pearl layering talents ! I love the layers of ropes and the photos of your lovely flowered dress and pearls.. wonderful ! That Kojima Keshi and SS rope is just perfection as far as I'm concerned !

2thdktr - A big congrats on your retirement !! Sounds like you have an excellent plan - that one day a week is a great transition not just for the practice but for you as well. It's nice to phase out .. And the Islands sounds like a spectacularly good idea !!!

Charlotta - Those Green pearls are great ... a colour I can't wear but can certainly appreciate ! Wendy did a good job finding some green studs !!

Corvette86- I can tell that I love the green of your Tahitians - they look a lovely bright shade.

ParrotLady- I love lavender pearls - those little ones make a great rope for the big Fireball. I've got little lavender ovals that I'm going to use as a rope once I get the time !

Thank you so much 86C, Red and Katbran!

I think those earrings are just right, too, Red! I also really love those layers of white Tahitians.

BWeaves, the Rice Krispies and dragon look great with that top, and I love a messy stack!

Thank you Katbran, the green pearls goes well with my complexion, sometimes in the winter I'm so pale that I accually looks sort of green. Warm colors usually don't work, like peach and that pinky yellow tone some freshwaters get.
Beautiful white tahitians Red, they look great with that sweater.
Bweaves, I really like that not so formal look with the akoyas, when they aren't nested. It looks lovely on you. Also always a pleasure seeing the tahitian opal earrings and the tahitian pendant.

90 degrees today. I need to find a better sweatproof makeup.

Everything Bagel rope and mixed tin-cup from Kojima. Pistachio akoyas from PP. Metalic drops worn on Mom's diamond hoops.

fullsizeoutput_cb0.jpg

fullsizeoutput_cae.jpg

fullsizeoutput_cac.jpg

You look gorgeous and very summery BWeaves. Everything bagels is one of my favorites. I haven't made bagels in a while, feel a sudden bagelurge...

In scrolling back a few pages, jeg, Red and BWeaves—thank you for providing such beeeeautiful eye-candy! I'm loving the long ropes!

Wee pistachios again. I get on a kick and wear the same pearls over and over and then suddenly redicover a different strand and wear it over and over. Anyway, worn with ombre Tahitian keshi tin-cup from Kojima and green and lavender mismatched Tahitian studs from Kamoka.

fullsizeoutput_cb7.jpg

The green just doesn't show up in the photo, but chrome green cat's eye tourmaline ring, because today's theme was green.

fullsizeoutput_cb9.jpg

Let's try zooming in and adjusting the photo color. Wow, I've dinged up that stone. Love this ring.

fullsizeoutput_cbb.jpeg

The small pistachios with the keshi tin cup makes for a striking look. Particularly since the collar and the print so nicely outline your necklaces.

Pretty ring. I adore phenomenon gems.

Wee pistachios again. I get on a kick and wear the same pearls over and over and then suddenly redicover a different strand and wear it over and over. Anyway, worn with ombre Tahitian keshi tin-cup from Kojima and green and lavender mismatched Tahitian studs from Kamoka.

View attachment 66802

The green just doesn't show up in the photo, but chrome green cat's eye tourmaline ring, because today's theme was green.

View attachment 66803

Let's try zooming in and adjusting the photo color. Wow, I've dinged up that stone. Love this ring.

View attachment 66804
What a fabulous ring! And the pearls are lovely too. From the looks of it, it may just be the natural inclusions in the tourmaline. It's a beautiful piece, and easy to see why you love it!

Love the greens, BWeaves. I’m not much of a gemstones fan, but that tourmaline is gorgeous.

I made a rookie mistake early in my pearl-buying career and bought a few cheaper items, including a small blue pendant, rather than hanging out for what what I really wanted, which was a big, deep blue pendant. I’ve now corrected that error :)
34572104-BA9F-426B-B6EF-24C0427D816B.jpg

Bweaves, the pistaccios looks great with the ombre tincup. The hat is genious for shading the pearls. Note to self, must find the hat I use on the boat.
SydK, beautiful blue pendant, where did you get it from? I did the same thing, bying pearls when I should have waited. I have about 2 strands of very blemished tahitians and probably one strands of horrible south sea pearls with lots of white spots and dull areas. Bought them years ago. I think that I have some light pink not-lustrous freshwaters somewhere. The dyed, badly dyed, flameball pearls that I bought for very little years ago I thew out. Should have waited for the good strands. Maybe that never happens though, maybe one has to go to the bad ones in order to find and know what is good and what one likes. Especially when shopping online, in sweden I could probably sell those inferior tahitians but I wouldn't do that. One day I did put those very heavily blemished tahitians next to my rikiteas, what a difference. Maybe I should create a tread about worst buys, shouldn't have trown those flameballs out. Those inferior flameballs got me to never ever trying to find any good ones either. I look at them and then I remember the bad ones. Rather philosofical this early in the morning. Must drink some espresso.

My new ombre tahitian rope from Cees. It's more beautiful than I thought possible, Cees are amazing in finding what I want (with a vague description from my part mostly). This truly is my dreamstrand. I knotted it yesterday (an hour after recieving them) with Pattyes Beaders secret in navy. As promised neckshots, with fluffy sweater to wear only indoors when cold (and pyjamapants...)
_20190427_115320.jpg
_20190427_115338.jpg
Without me.
_20190427_115408.jpg
The pearls are about 9-10,closer to 9mm and the strand was 34-35 inch before knotting...forgot to measure it after.
_20190427_115507.jpg
With my Rikitea strand, also from Cees. I think that I can wear them together and get a really long rope look.
_20190427_115728.jpg
And again thank you Cees!

Back