Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks so much, everyone!!

BWeaves, your combination of T’s look great together!

Cathy, yes, there are two! The longer strand, (the one you saw) is the primo strand with round, perfect pearls. The shorter strand has off rounds but the same unusual coloring.

Thank you, Luvglitz! The pearls are 12-13.8mm.

Would love to see that stickpin.

I'll try to remember to take a photo of the stickpin. Stickpins usually work great with any floppy fabric, like a scarf, or a sweater. My problem is the "head" or brooch part is usually so small that I feel like why bother. I like my brooches larger. Mom had a lot of cameos and wore them daily, so that's my look. She collected Wedgwood and had a couple brooches and the stickpin, but she rarely wore them.

Love those Myanmar strands Jeg, can we get a closeup on those? Or do you have a tread?
Lovely tahitians Bweaves, mine does not show any colors either at the moment.

I'll try to remember to take a photo of the stickpin. Stickpins usually work great with any floppy fabric, like a scarf, or a sweater. My problem is the "head" or brooch part is usually so small that I feel like why bother. I like my brooches larger. Mom had a lot of cameos and wore them daily, so that's my look. She collected Wedgwood and had a couple brooches and the stickpin, but she rarely wore them.

I hear ya. But, just thinking, you always combine so nicely-- have you ever thought of wearing the Wedgwood with your blue or white akoyas? I know Wedgwood comes in other colors, but most common is blue. Wedgwood is very pretty. I'm a sucker for vintage jewelry.

Today’s antique necklace.
8467C93E-372A-4B2E-B1FE-84720E172B91.jpg

I never know what ring to wear with it and remembered this, my first pearl, from a pick a pearl when I was a kid. I joked to the guy I wanted a black one because of a story I read in school and I got a gray pearl!
C3BA06B3-8F0A-457E-BD13-BD381009EAE2.jpg

Here are some close ups, Charlotta.

Myanmar golden SS mix strand-
DFBB9EFB-80AE-4999-918A-CC0BCEFC0B45.jpg

Color comparison with my white SS strand and mixed golden SS strand-
B8CB6B22-6FE3-42DB-AE97-84E22CE7B375.jpg

Hong Kong metallic strand with my pair of feather pearl mix strands from Kojima-
8ED9E04B-3879-43F9-846D-E0CFF81DA57B.jpg

8FE69D51-61DE-4377-89AC-FC2B341EFED8.jpg

I hear ya. But, just thinking, you always combine so nicely-- have you ever thought of wearing the Wedgwood with your blue or white akoyas? I know Wedgwood comes in other colors, but most common is blue. Wedgwood is very pretty. I'm a sucker for vintage jewelry.

Doh! And I wore blues today, too. It never occurred to me to dig out the blue Wedgwood brooches when I wear blue pearls. Brilliant!

UPDATE: All the blues, plus my Outlander tartan shawl. The dress is olive drab. My 10 mm BBA necklace looks almost white compared to Baby Nurse's 10mm BBA necklace.

fullsizeoutput_ab4.jpg

And here's the stickpin with the blue pearls. The lighting is a Reveal daylight bulb at night, but the Wedgwood blue doesn't really go well with the blue pearls. They clash.

fullsizeoutput_ab3.jpg

I can't seem to get the blue in the pearls to show up today.

Last edited:
I've been shopping the Oska winter sale lately. I'm wearing a new grey wool Oska sweater today with last winter's flannel pants. Silk scarf and my Kamoka harvest strand in the long form which has the bracelet included as part of the necklace. At the last minute I wanted more color around my face, so I added this awesome Edison drop from PP on a orangey sapphire rondelle necklace. I think I need an orange-red scarf to really tie the outfit together.

20190108_172638.jpg

20190108_172754.jpg

Ladies, you all look lovely! My wardrobe suddenly feels very boring :)

Beautiful Bweaves, I love that tartan.
Red, maybe an orange-red scarf would be good with that pendant. But I love this look as well. The trousers looks comfy.
Beautiful pendant aerinha.
Thank you for the closeups Jeg. The Myamar strand is beautiful, the other ones as well. Love that mixed south sea strand as well. The new metallic strand has great luster. And your outfits are wonderful as usual. Me I puts on jeans and a cashmere sweater everyday in the winter...very boring. Your an inspiration.

jeg- That round Myramar strand is so stunning.... some of the pearls look pale green ! I think that is a stunning necklace ! Remind me please where that one came from ? Your outfits are so fabulous !

BWeaves - I'm glad you mentioned the colour of the dress as it looks almost blue on my screen ... the pearls certainly suit that colour and the Tartan is wonderful ! The Wedgewood pin is a wonderful addition = great suggestion 2thdktr!

aerinha- lovely pendant and ring... love the story about the colour !

CathyK - With your pearls you would never have to worry about boring clothes... everyone would just stare at the necklaces !

Back