Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Red, I love thise Fiji drops. Did you assemble them into a necklace or were they sold together?

Thank you BWeaves, amti, Katbran, 86Corvette, jeg, and Charlotta.

Red - I love the three Fiji pearls - they are such beautiful colours and look marvellous together. Like a tree in autumn . And your ring .. is that a Pistachio pearl ? Might be my ancient monitor ... it's a lovely shade !

Kamoka describes the pearl color as an "unusual golden khaki color that's smooth as honey". It definitely has a golden/beige body color and sort of olive green overtones. These colors form the core of my wardrobe for most of the year, so I was intrigued.

I did a comparison photo next to my pistachio Tahitian ring. The pistachio has a pistachio body color and no overtones that I can see. I consider these pearls to be different colors. (Try to ignore the red gold reflections. )

20190102_162612.jpg

Back to work today in the new year. It felt like this outfit needed a necklace. I'm wearing a brown wool sweater, neck scarf, and a fluffy cape to help protect against the single digit temperatures this morning. My station necklace was created from two 16" tourmaline (or maybe garnet?) rondelle necklaces and an 18" Tahitian pearl ombre necklace from PP.

20190102_171940.jpg

That's a cozy, cold weather look, Red ... and that gem/Tahitian rope is the perfect compliment :) Your 2 rings do indeed have very different colors; both lovely.

Love that look Red. I really like that unusual ring setting for the pistachio pearl. How does it feel to wear?

This thread is a perennial favorite, it brings so much joy and inspiration each time I come to visit! Gorgeous, ladies, as always!

Today: large pastel Tahitian drop from Jacques of the former Pearl House (please come back to retail!!) with a large lapis bead
IMG_7900.jpg
Yesterday: natural Pteria sterna pendant (though the largest pearl is a keshi, not natural)
IMG_7818.jpg

Those toasty colors work so well together, Red!

MSC, fun pendants and a wonderful arrangement of tiny natural pearls.

A little lighter today with winter white, a flouncy dress, and freshwater pearls.

9C7E1607-ABF3-4BE7-99B1-F7924EE94D9A.jpg

JEG, you remind me of my little book Flower Fairies of the Summer that I treasured as a child. I made little felt fairies with flouncy petal layered skirts just like that. I grew up in England and all us little girls believed in fairies. I love your look.

Yesterday, TNT and Black and White T studs:

fullsizeoutput_a90.jpg

Today, natural white Hanadamas, my first akoya rope, little h emerald and souffle' pendant on pearl and emerald tincup chain, and Hanadama studs.

fullsizeoutput_a8e.jpg

And a gorgeous crimson shawl BWeaves ... one of your weavings?

Some days I ask myself what makes me happier ... Jeg's beautiful pearls? ... or ... Jeg's breathtaking wardrobe ... and some days I just say what makes me smile with delight is simply ... JEG :) Thanks for brightening our days, Jeg!

MSC-Hooray for naturals on a pendant. Gorgeous.
jeg- Fabulous pearls with your white sweater and tired skirt. Nice combo.
BWeaves - I never tire of seeing that little h emerald and pearl pendant. Still my favorite.

It is so great to be wearing my sweaters again after my knee surgery instead of t-shirts. It is not just that I'm getting out more...I can finally use the steps to do laundry in the basement myself. I just didn't trust others with my fine washables.

Today my new VIP circled Tahitian strand from Pearl Paradise along with the 8.7mm deep peacock studs.

20190103_200556.jpg

20190103_203008.jpg

Back