Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby GSSP harvest strand and jade today. They don't match at all, but after the past couple of weeks I've had, I need all the jade protection I can get!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3295.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	378145
    Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Comment

• Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
      Oh, noes! Sorry about your husband's middle finger. Will he get an awesome splint, where he can accidentally flip everyone the bird and claim it's not his fault?

And I love your pearl find. I never find anything like that. Those are amazing, especially for the money.
      LOLOL!!! I read that to him and he laughed.

And no pain meds...he can just take ibuprofen.

I went out to get a Redbox DVD for a bit of diversion. He's not the kind to sit around, but with the hand out of commission for a while, he can't do yard work. Looks like I'll be doing the mowing this week.

battah, here you go:
      Attached Files

Comment

• I mentioned the splint thing, because I did something similar to my middle finger of my left hand. When I went back to work, I waved at my boss, and he said, "You didn't tell me it was THAT finger!" I knew he'd figure it out.

Ooooo, jade. Squirrel!
        Last edited by BWeaves; 09-19-2017, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• PD I am so sorry to hear about your husband's accident. Hopefully his recovery is speedy, and his pain minimal!

Battah, I'm right there with you on that jade protection thing...be safe, and enjoy your lovely new pearls.
          http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
          Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Thank you JP!

Comment

• Wow, Pearl Dreams ... I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's accident! Sounds like my hubby though; takes it all in stride, while I have quiet hysterics ... glad you have your lovely pearl find to comfort you. Hugs.

Battah, love the jade, but I really love your GSS Harvest necklace ... it is so beautiful, and so different from what the rest of us got ... gorgeous!
              Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Here be Dragons!!! And 12 strands of Rice Krispies. They feel like I'm wearing a giant silk tassel around my neck.

Name:	IMG_3651.jpg
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	378151

When Jeremy was showing the Rice Krispies in that first booth the first day of the Hong Kong show, I had a hankering to get out all Mom's early freshwater pearls and wear them. I never cared for them back in the 80s or 90s, but I've come to appreciate them more as they've become more vintage. They're fun when there's a bunch of them for a torsade.
                Last edited by BWeaves; 09-20-2017, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Pearl Dreams- what a day! I am glad you are getting support from your pearls. They are really beautiful, classic, and such a deal. Take good care of yourself.

Battah- love your mini harvest strand. It looks great on you!

BWeaves- I thought about my own Rice Krispies and dug them out when I saw that jar. My aunt gave them to me in the late seventies, but they are tiny single strands- a necklace and some bracelets. They called them Biwa pearls.

Comment

• Thanks jeg!

Comment

• PD - that's dreadful! Gave me the ' shivers' when I read your post ! My nephew had a similar injury when working as an engineer in China ..it was a little more ' hands on ' than most jobs and an I-beam he was helping to carry dropped as they were putting it down and took off the end of his middle finger. He had a nifty enormous bandage that he could wave at his boss ! But it's a terrible thing to happen ..my sympathies and best wishes ! Recognising the trauma for you ..I think maybe a new pearl would make you feel better.

BWeaves - I love the Krispie torsades ! You are so right ..they are fun !

Battah love the necklace and your bracelets look great .
                      https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                      https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Katbran, I did feel rattled earlier on. I'm a PT so I've seen a lot of gory things, but it's different when it's someone you love. Hard to be objective then.

A new pearl, huh? Can't say I'm not tempted. But I just got these silver gingko leaf earrings so they will have to suffice:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• OOOO, I love ginko leaves. They do make a pretty jewelry design.

Comment

• PD, I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your husband. I hope he's doing ok now. Wonderful akoyas and cute ginkgo leaf earring.

You look great with your baby gssp necklace, battah.

BWeaves, lovely rice krispies.

Comment

• Thank you so much, Cathy, JP, jeg, Katbran, and Pareltje!

BWeaves I just love that dragon necklace. I love dragons and snakes in jewelry.

PD those gingkos are lovely.

Comment

• Well, I spent a lot of time last night arranging this necklace to make it work layered in different configurations, and I officially do not like how it turned out. I'm going to restring it with the GSSPs spaced evenly, one at a time, instead of trying for an irregular look. But this morning my son wanted to share mama's necklace so I had to post a photo

Name:	IMG_3326.jpg
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	378148

Comment

Working...
                                X