Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you JerseyPearl and 86Corvettegirl, I try to take a neckshot tomorrow if it's not to dark.

Some neckshots as promised:
_20181007_144840.jpg
_20181007_144800.jpg

I also got some good photos of my dropshaped tahitians and of the earrings I wirewrapped to match them:
_20181007_145954.jpg
_20181007_150026.jpg
_20181007_150051.jpg
_20181007_150148.jpg

Annie, what a pretty custom piece!

Charlotta, I especially like the wild and colorful shapes of that Tahitian strand!

Fabulous, Charlotta, just fabulous. Love, love, love your SS's!! The colors on your T's are spectacular!!

Wowza! Gorgeous.

I was in Mayor's Jewelers today and took a peek in their Mikimoto counter. The akoyas were gorgeous, but their Tahitians were plain old boring next to all the marvelous shapes and colors I see here on Pearl Guide.

I've never been a fan of mabe' pearls, but my Mom's mabe' drops are starting to grow on me.

A little vintage pearlage. Birthday akoya choker with diamond and mabe' enhancer. Mabe drop earrings with omega backs. These really aren't me, but I'm starting to like them.

fullsizeoutput_8de.jpg

The mabe's are lovely Bweaves and The enhancer goes so well with the akoya strand.

BW, you may not care for mabe's but that's a fantastic look on you! I love how they go so well with your Akoya!! Love the enhancer!!! You go, Girl!!!

I think it was a case of the mabe's always looked too big to me. Now that I've succumbed to PSS (Pearl Shrinkage Syndrome) they seem to look better.

It’s a grand look BWeaves. Glad it is growing on you!

A pix from today-

Round, green Tahitians from a visit to the PP vault, paired with my long strand of mixed T’s, SS, and freshwater from Rio Pearl, Hong Kong.

Round, green Tahitians from Pearl Paradise, paired with my long strand of mixed Tahitians, South Sea, and freshwater

Tahitian pearl strand from Pearl Paradise

T’s, SS, and freshwater from Rio Pearl, Hong Kong

Let me just say again that this is my favorite forum thread of all time.

86Corvettegirl...that 9/30 double strand situation is so fabulous. And Purranah I second everyone about that top. Thanks for sharing!

JEG, love the layers of pearls and the pearl dot blouse!

I just came across this stunning EDWARDIAN/ART DECO NATURAL PEARL AND DIAMOND SAUTOIR on Lang Antiques. Very unusual. I can't post a photo, but here's the link:

https://www.langantiques.com/edwardian-art-deco-natural-pearl-and-diamond-sautoir.html

I'm still working from home, so in pajama mode. Or T-shirt and sweat pants and pearls. Long Vietnamese blue akoya rope from PP. Blue akoyas linked to another Vietnamese blue akoya necklace from PP. Multicolored Tahitians from PP. Black and white Tahitian studs from Kamoka.

Long Vietnamese blue akoya rope. Blue akoyas linked to another Vietnamese blue akoya, Multicolored Tahitians - all from Pearl Paradise. Black and white Tahitian studs from Kamoka

I didn't realize that was out of focus.

Long Vietnamese blue akoya rope. Blue akoyas linked to another Vietnamese blue akoya, Multicolored Tahitians - all from Pearl Paradise. Black and white with Tahitian studs from Kamoka

I love blue akoyas with olive drab. With this tobacco brown color, not so much. As a matter of fact, I think I hate this color shirt. Let's try blue. (And the tobacco brown is going in the donate pile.)

The blue akoyas look pink next to the blue shirt.

Last edited:
You certainly look stylish working from home Bweaves (even in pajamamode), pearls goes with everything. This weekend I wore pearls and pajamapants and a big fluffy sweater. And sheepskin slippers...sometimes I even go out with the trash like that.
Jeg, that is such a nice rope from Rio pearls.

BWeaves your blues are giving me the blues. I so want to add them to my collection. I'm so impressed that you gals even wear your pearls in your pjs!!
I'm just out the door to catch the newest version of "A STAR IS BORN. But I'm inspired to turn and run back to put on some pearls before I meet Lady Gaga'! Why not?

Back