Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received a lovely Fijian pendant yesterday from Jeremy and Hisano in thanks for my admin work here on the forum. I had to put it on right away of course (gray top) and I'm wearing it again today (white top).
    I'm doing a happy dance!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Oh, that is so nice!!! Both the gift and the pendant. Beautiful!

Comment

• The first of the new batch of Fijians appears. What a beauty. Congratulations, and thank you for your work here at Pearl Guide.

Comment

• Thank you, and thanks to Jeremy and Hisano! I love that the color is so different from anything else I have.

As usual the camera is failing to capture the color. It's a bit more bronze...pretty close to these colors. The redder color on the top part and the greener color on the bottom part, with several darker bands in the middle:
          Attached Files

Comment

• Gorgeous pendant, PD! And thanks for administering us haha.
            Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Comment

• Today's pearls - keeping it simple.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2778.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	377048

Comment

• Turning that for you! I like the combination of colors and shapes.
                Attached Files

Comment

• OOooooo, I love it. But I'm in love with all these bubble type of ropes.

Comment

• Simple is nice!!!

Comment

• Thanks for the flip, PD! And thank you BW and CL! I reach for this one a lot, it feels really nice to fiddle with (you know me and sensory jewelry), and it's very lightweight.

Comment

• Nice! I love sensory jewelry.
                        http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                        Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Originally posted by battah View Post
                          Thanks for the flip, PD! And thank you BW and CL! I reach for this one a lot, it feels really nice to fiddle with (you know me and sensory jewelry), and it's very lightweight.
                          I love to fiddle with my pearls. That's why I like long ropes. I love the feel of pearls in my hands.

Comment

• Battah, that's very pretty! Fiddling with pearls; know that well

Pearl Dreams, what a lovely Fiji pendant ... we so appreciate your administrator's work!
                            Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Well, I won't do this again. In the past, when I've worn this little h enhancer with an 18 inch pearl necklace, the enhancer sits right in the middle of the copper stripe on the dress. The little h emerald tin cup is 20 inches, and it puts the enhancer right in the green section of the dress and the emeralds just get lost. I also like my reborn pearl earrings with the enhancer, as they compliment each other, so I threw on the reborn necklace, too. I'm not sure it really works. It's not bad, but I won't wear it this way again with this particular dress.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3559.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	377063

Comment

• Thank you, Cathy.

BWeaves, wow, you're right about that!

This afternoon I restrung my recently-purchased consignment shop akoyas, using ivory Serafil from Pattye's shop. In the process of getting them ready, I saw one pearl with a larger than usual drill hole, and shone my light inside to see how thick the nacre is. I liked what I saw! I tried to get a shot of it. There is a slight change in color where the nacre ends and the bead begins-- a thin white line. It's clearer when I look at my huge original of this photo.

Also I noticed that the end 2 pearls on each side were not original to the strand. They are whiter, a bit less lustrous, and looking inside the drill hole, they have about half as much nacre thickness as the pearl I photographed. Someone had lengthened the necklace, which explains the mediocre knotting job. I removed the 4 additional pearls. The finished strand is now 6.2-9.0mm and 17.75". I like that the graduation isn't drastic, as it is with some of the old strands.

I'm just sitting at my desk in natural light for this shot.

This off-white color would look fabulous on my daughter's skin. When she comes home for the long weekend in October I'll see if I can interest her in it. Hey, a mother has to try!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 09-28-2020, 10:25 PM. Reason: updated

Comment

Working...
                                X