Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Oh my stars!!!! My jaw just dropped!!! Somebody fetch the smelling salts!!! That dress is amazing!!! And that necklace is spectacular!!! I had no idea beetle wings could be incorporated into decoration or jewelry! Your dress is a fabulous recreation!! I'm just awe struck by you creativity! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! Is the dress heavy to wear?

Thanks for all the kind words! The beetle wing dress was a true labor of love. And although I lost count, there definitely are about 1000 wings hand-sewn on to the dress. As for the necklace, I was inspired by Victorian pieces incorporating real beetles. In my search for appropriate bug purveyors, I came upon a local shop whose owner put an enormous live big-eyed grasshopper in my hand on my first visit... huge gentle rhino beetles were handed to me on subsequent visits. It is thanks to him that I developed an appreciation for (and pretty much lost my fear of) bugs.

la_corsetiere, your dress is absolutely stunning and you wear it so well. Amazing story as well. I appreciated BWeaves posting the Wiki education for us.

I am in awe. There is some serious design talent on this board, but la_corsetiere, I bow before you.

I dream of a costumed ruckus! We would have so much fun! I have been costuming for a long time...could go weeks without repeating an outfit.

Ok, so how about historical one night, pick your era...pearls go with everything!!!

Fantasy another night...perhaps an undersea or Atlantis theme... I could wear my octo-corset, and I bet Jeremy has secretly been dying to break out his squid suit...

And tiaras at breakfast!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I dream of a costumed ruckus! We would have so much fun! I have been costuming for a long time...could go weeks without repeating an outfit.

Ok, so how about historical one night, pick your era...pearls go with everything!!!

Fantasy another night...perhaps an undersea or Atlantis theme... I could wear my octo-corset, and I bet Jeremy has secretly been dying to break out his squid suit...

And tiaras at breakfast!!!!!

:rolleyes:

That would be awesome!! I don't have any costumes but I would be willing to go for it!! Undersea theme would be wonderful!!! Speaking of undersea....I'm not familiar with you octo-corset. If it's not too much trouble, could you post a pic? I'm fascinated by the idea!

Tiaras.... I don't have one but would definitely get one!

The last couple of days.

Blue baroque drops from Kojima on my diamond hoops. Pistachio akoya necklace from PP. Tahitian keshi ombre' tincup from Kojima.

fullsizeoutput_89a.jpg

Mikimoto earrings. Mom's 12 strand Rice Krispie torsade with dragon clasp.

fullsizeoutput_89c.jpg

blister2

Mikimoto earrings again. Kojima freshwater keshi necklace from Ruckus.

fullsizeoutput_89f.jpg

Stupid me stubbed my toe over Labor Day weekend, and it turns out I broke my foot. I'm under house arrest and I'm not allowed to walk or drive for 6 weeks. Not driving is fine. I can work from home, which I kind of love (I do computer technical support), but not walking is driving me crazy. I'm a walker. I walk everywhere, all the time, and it's my form of exercise.

Last edited:
BW, you look fabulous! I love your mom's rice krispie necklace & it really goes well with her Miki earrings! Sorry to hear about your foot. I feel you pain. I'm 2 weeks into a 6-8 week stint with my wrist being in a cast. makes it so hard to even get dressed.

But....hubby decide I needed a night out so he took m to dinner at out favorite Mexican restaurant for some good food & margaritas. he even helped me with my pearls. Picture quality isn't great but i'm wearing my Cees multi color 20 inch Tahitian strand with the harpoon clasp & my 30+ inch Tahitian multi color baroque strand from David Norman, paired with my Tahitian drop earrings, also from David Norman.

0+ inch Tahitian multi color baroque strand from David Norman, paired with my Tahitian drop earrings

BWeaves !! Oh what a miserable thing to have happen. Being 'grounded' and unable to walk or drive is really annoying. I've had knee replacements and it was weeks of not driving which was super irritating . So I do feel for you . But do follow directions..you want it to heal properly so you don't have further issues. Beautiful pearls..I do love all the Keshi pieces !!

Bweaves your rice krispie with dragon clasp is so cool and totally amazing!

Back