Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you for the nice comments.

Those are yummy, Red. Which keshi strand is this one? I seem to remember that you came home with two :)

I removed the grey strand, and am only wearing the white keshi strand with the navy and blue striped top. The white keshi is what matches the earrings, but more than that, two strands were a bit much for my casual outfit that day.

The concert was fabulous; perfect cool, breezy night for an outdoor venue; Queen Aretha put on a stunning show. Best part; got to share it with daughter and grandson :)

I love Aretha! We had the pleasure of seeing her a couple of years ago at the Kennedy Center Honors...seeing her performance in honor of Carole King is something I will never forget.

I'm terrible at switching things up. When I'm into something, I'll go into a tear and keep on wearing the same thing until I move on to the next lol. Liking the combo I wore to the NYC Mini Ruckus so have been repeating it! Also liking this pic cuz it felt like fall. :eek:
IMG_0067.jpg

I can't imagine being at that concert in person, JerseyPearl; I think I've seen some TV footage of parts of that tribute to Carole King.

I can't imagine being at that concert in person, JerseyPearl; I think I've seen some TV footage of parts of that tribute to Carole King.

It was truly amazing...Aretha began at the piano, playing and singing...then got up, flung off her fur coat, and sang her heart out. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. Here's a video, which doesn't really capture the emotion...but you can see Carole's reaction is priceless! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHsnZT7Z2yQ

And if you couldn't tell, I am a huge fan of both of these performers.

Me too, me too JerseyPearl ... and Aretha had a big red velvet chair, a sequin handbag on stage with her ... the only thing she used the chair for was to hold the handbag and to fling her fur coat onto at the beginning of the concert :) After her second encor, a guy came out and got both the bag and coat and took them backstage, and the house lights went up!

Love love the layered look Purr! It definitely feels like fall today. And I love that Bal, too! <3

All so beautiful ladies.
Purr love the layers of pearls I wished I could wear so many (need to build neck muscle)

A ring I wore. Keeping it simpleCM170828-113729001.jpg

Gorgeous ring, kalmen22.

My outfit today, with the grey SS keshi strand from Eastern Trade Winds.

20170829_122648.jpg

Soooooooo cuuuuuuuuute! Pearl on the half shell.

And Luvglitz, those T's are gorgeous.

Last edited:
asurazzy, thank you! No, it was just a night out.. but mind that I'm often told that I tend to overdress :D :D

CathyKeshi, oh lovely photo!! I don't think I could do THAT with just a ribbon :D I'm quite rubbish in sawing))) but that really makes such a nice delicate detail, I love it))

amti, battah, thank you ladies! We had some great time that night, despite the heat))

Purranha, oh I'm same, once I match a set of pearls or clothes together - that's it, it will be worn ONLY that way until I forget it or lose/break something)))

kalmen22, I like your ring, but I even more like your nails)) sorry for off-toping)

Luvglitz, so many pearls and yet layered so neatly! looks very good)) nice to hear when someone gets to travel! any "pearl" destinations have been on the list?))

Red, rather unusual strand, not often keshis are drilled this way, looks fresh)) Never heard of this vendor, need to look up them now)))

Today I wore my Kamokas. Cherry pendant with my harvest strand.

20170830_170726.jpg

Ah Red, you are killing it, lady!!! Everything is gorgeous.

Yesterday I had the blues. Blue pearls and denim. I wore The Swan on the white gold choker, and The Everything Bagel rope from Kojima with Kojima blue drop earrings.

IMG_3539.jpg

Today I wore a hand woven top with my natural white Hanadama rope from PP, my Mom's akoya choker, and my white gold Mikimoto earrings. I actually forgot that I bought Hanadama studs from PP at Ruckus especially to match these two necklaces. (Just ignore the bad photoshop on my security badge. I did a worse job than usual when blanking out the badge information.)

IMG_3554.jpg

And because that wasn't enough, I wore my Mom's freshwater bracelet and akoya pearl ring.

View attachment Harmony strand from Golay

Back