Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Oh, boy ... I know Hisano took pictures, and Ruth or Wendy??? But I don't have a copy myself. I wore it Ruckus 2015 with a blue, yellow and white sundress. Wore it again 2016 but I don't think there are photos of that once with the sweater. Mostly I remember how TINY the holes in those pearls were lol ... I had to change the embroidery idea I had, and couch down the strings of pearls, as no needle I could find would fit those holes, although Marianne has since recommended a beading needle that might work.

I was out at a local consignment shop today and found a strand of akoyas. They were a bit grimy and were priced lower than a strand of imitation SSP next to them.

They're about 6mm-9mm. The 14K white fish hook clasp has 3 small diamonds (or at least that is what they were sold as.)

Here it is after a bath. I'm going to restring it. It's 19.75" at present. There aren't gaps between the pearls, but I could see it being a bit shorter after restringing.

I think they were worth my $38. :)

Attachments

• 5-9mm akoyas neck shot.jpg
    5-9mm akoyas neck shot.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 37
  • diamond fish hook clasp.jpg
    diamond fish hook clasp.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Serendipity! I wasn't even going to go to that shop but it was very near the library and I had books to return.

It's a cold, rainy Saturday here. But, my SS harvest strand can brighten up any day. I like wearing it off center. It shows off the larger keshi and the bluer pearls, which were arranged towards the back of the strand. This strand has lots of rounds and ovals, which allow it to be oriented in pretty much any position.

20170826_175700.jpg

Harvest goodness!!!!

PD: I never find pearls anywhere. Then again, it's been next to never that I check out the jewelry section of consignment shops. I need to take a better look. That's a great find.

Thanks JP and BWeaves!

I don't usually see jewelry that is to my taste at consignment stores. I'm more likely to find books, silk scarves, and the like. When my D was young and my mother was still living, I would sometimes find things for them. These days I don't visit the shops often. I was just lucky! :)

I was out at a local consignment shop today and found a strand of akoyas. They were a bit grimy and were priced lower than a strand of imitation SSP next to them.

They're about 6mm-9mm. The 14K white fish hook clasp has 3 small diamonds (or at least that is what they were sold as.)

Here it is after a bath. I'm going to restring it. It's 22.75" at present. There aren't gaps between the pearls, but I could see it being a bit shorter after restringing.

I think they were worth my $38. :)
PDreams what's the graduation? They look substantial!! Scored.

Oh, boy ... I know Hisano took pictures, and Ruth or Wendy??? But I don't have a copy myself. I wore it Ruckus 2015 with a blue, yellow and white sundress. Wore it again 2016 but I don't think there are photos of that once with the sweater. Mostly I remember how TINY the holes in those pearls were lol ... I had to change the embroidery idea I had, and couch down the strings of pearls, as no needle I could find would fit those holes, although Marianne has since recommended a beading needle that might work.

Cathy I remember that sweater and it is simply exquisite. You are so talented to be able and create something like that.

It's a cold, rainy Saturday here. But, my SS harvest strand can brighten up any day. I like wearing it off center. It shows off the larger keshi and the bluer pearls, which were arranged towards the back of the strand. This strand has lots of rounds and ovals, which allow it to be oriented in pretty much any position.

View attachment 54415

Love your strand Red! I've worn mine several times lately. I had dinner with KaySD and our strands had a play-date ;) Wish you would have been with us wearing yours.

Your strand looks fantastic worn off center, Red :)

Newberry, thanks ...
more stubborn than talented lol. I'd like to
make another real pearl piece ... need more pearls ...

Pearl dreams, what a great buy! They look beautiful on you. Such a nice size.

Red, love love love your harvest strand! Gorgeous!

Thanks, guys! Newberry, you're my inspiration for pendants on bigger strands of pearls! I love how you style yours with enhancers, so I've started using enhancer bails on my pendants to have the option to wear them on pearl strands.

That's great Battah and thank you. You can really up your necklace game with enhancers going from just a plain strand to adding an enhancer then all of a sudden you are wearing a statement piece.

Back