Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	371704

Click image for larger version

Name:	no4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	371705

Comment

• Thank you so much! You are the talented one! I have done a lot of stringing but this was my first wire wrapping project.
      Originally posted by JerseyPearl View Post
      Pearly, you did a wonderful job on your first project! So creative. And those pearls are beautiful. Well done!!!

Comment

• Sea Urchin,
        Those are some gorgeous monsters of the sea!

Comment

• "I just love this thread"

We just love your pearls!

I've been in serious Tahitian lust lately, so I thought I should wear my own. Necklace and opal earrings from Kojima. Handwoven shawl, not that you can see much of it. This necklace just loves to be photographed.

Name:	IMG_2030.jpg
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	371706

And today, Kojima blue drop earrings, and The Swan pendant on my white gold knit choker.

Name:	IMG_2035.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	371707

Comment

• Sea Urchin, I love the rich combination of purple and gold. Also I'm dying to see more photos of your new green Ts!

BWeaves, your Tahitians are sensational. And I'm in awe of your weaving skills. I wish I was creative!

Comment

• BWeaves, Tahitian lust is a serious condition...with only one cure...more Tahitians!

I decided to restring an old strand of akoya pearls. This was the very first strand my parents gave to me when I turned 16. I used Ivory Beader's Secret, which worked well because the pearls yellowed quite a bit. They have a greenish blue overtone, and don't show any pink at all. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1052.jpg
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	371708
              http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
              Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• So much beauty. Love love this thread. It always makes my day.

Comment

• And I should note, the pearls I restrung are over 40 years old...which seems impossible because I'm only 36 (not really, but in my head I am)
                  http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                  Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Excellent job JP! The akoya are lovely, very romantic looking. And what a sweet gift from your parents all those years ago.

Comment

• Picked up a 9.4mm AA SoC pearl recently, so I dug up some ooooooold opals and a couple of red spinel, and paired them with 18 and 22kt yellow gold. Definitely a wabi sabi sort of necklace, but I'm glad to be making use of these opals 12 years after purchase LOL

Name:	IMG_9991.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	371718
                      Check out my jewelry here

Comment

• OOOOOO, I love that combination of pearls, opal and spinel and yellow gold. That is gorgeous.

Comment

• Thank you, BWeaves! I'm always in awe of your style, so that is really high praise!
                          I took a couple neck shots while on my way to a wildlife refuge today

Name:	IMG_0034.jpg
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	371724

Name:	IMG_0036.jpg
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	371725
                          Check out my jewelry here

Comment

• MSC- I love your style and creativity! So fun!

Today I thought I would mix it up with a Mother of Pearl necklace. It is a Navajo piece by Leroy Begay on a braided leather neckband. It is absolutely lovely in person. It is also interchangeable and I threw in a picture of the Kingman turquoise that goes with the neckpiece. Native American jewelry utilizes a great deal of Mother of Pearl. (Navajo pearls are one of my other pearl loves!)

Name:	IMG_1208.jpg
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	371726Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1203.jpg
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	371727Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1204.jpg
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	371728Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1205.jpg
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	371729Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1206.jpg
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	371730Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1207.jpg
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	371731

Comment

• Not sure what's up with sideways photo?!?

BW, is that a Mother of Pearl as well? It is lovely! You have quite the collection!!!!

Comment

• Wow I am so far behind on this thread ! Wonderful photos !
                                Sea Urchin - that pendant pearl is an all time favourite of mine !
                                BWeaves- those Tahitians are so pretty ..such nice lustre and the colour is beautiful.
                                MSC- I absolutely love what you did with your pearl /opal/spinel necklace !
                                PW - gosh I love your choker ! And I went to have a look at the Navajo designer - lovely items.
                                https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                                https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

Working...
                                X