Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm wearing my new (advertised as 10-11 mm) perfect round freshwater studs that I purchased from a pearl jewelry designer on Etsy. I think they are more 9.5-10 mm than 10-11 mm. They have a slight rose overtone, which is my favourite, and initially I had worried about these being too big, but I think it's my new favourite size for studs!

I like pairing white pearl studs when I wear black and white.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0229.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	371599

Comment

• Those are gorgeous studs.

I keep waffling on what size studs I want. I've looked at all the comparison photos on this forum, but I still don't know what I'll like on me. I'm trying to hold off until Ruckus when I can try things on in person.

Comment

• Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
        Those are gorgeous studs.

I keep waffling on what size studs I want. I've looked at all the comparison photos on this forum, but I still don't know what I'll like on me. I'm trying to hold off until Ruckus when I can try things on in person.
        Thanks BWeaves! It's definitely hard to tell without seeing in person and trying on. Also depends on ear piercing placement. I have fairly large earlobes, the fleshy part is ~3/4" at its tallest and my piercing is below the centre so I can wear lots of large earrings. I have a pair of 6.0-6.5mm Akoya studs (my first "nice" studs) and they sit nicely centered on my lobe, but are definitely much more discreet! I like to wear them golfing when I have my hair tied into a ponytail.

Comparing my photo to photos I've referred to when trying to decide what size to buy, my photo looks like I'm wearing an 8.5 mm earring.

Comment

• These are beautiful on you!! I personally am a fan of 10mm.

Small pearl day. These are 6mm akoyas that came from Little Switzerland and were 40" strung but not knotted. They turned into 50" knotted. They are slightly off round but not noticeably so strung with Beaders Secret ivory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1190.jpg
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	371600Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1191.jpg
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	371601Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1192.jpg
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	371602Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1193.jpg
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	371603Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1194.jpg
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	371604

Comment

• That is a beautiful strand Pearly Whites! The 50" length is awesome and versatile, I like to wear mine in a knot!

Comment

• Gorgeous studs ! That's a nice size for you too. Very nice !

Lovely long rope of little pearls !
              https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
              https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• OOOOOO, I love a long rope.

Karman, thank you for the info about your studs.

Comment

• That's a wonderful length. I need a long rope...
                  Karman, your studs are so pretty!
                  http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                  Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Karman, love the studs and love the top!
                    Pearly-Whites, that is a whole lot of necklace to love - beautiful!

Comment

• Those studs look lovely on you, Karmen!
                      Pearly-whites, love your versatile rope!

I wasn't sure where to post these pics- Vietnamese blue akoyas, Black Friday sale or 12 days of Christmas sale...they all overlap! I wore them today, so I'll post here...

I repurposed an intense blue V akoya strand I bought from PP over the holidays with a vintage gold necklace I received as a teenager. At first I wasn't sure I'd like the combo, but it goes well with all my other Vietnamese and Japanese strands. I've paired it a few ways, and I have a feeling this is just the beginning! The blue/green Tahitian pearl on the gold chain is from Kamoka- another holiday purchase!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Lmgardens, incredible! That redo goes from casually chic elegance to downright royalty look in a simple twist or 2 ... well done and gorgeous
                        Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Imgarden love your style and pearl combos they are just wonderful!

Comment

• lmgarden - I love the repurposing of the gold..very nice ! Wonderful styling!
                            https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                            https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Wow, everyone's pearls are looking scrumptious!

I really like how you restructured that vintage gold necklace, lmgarden! I've been eyeing that bail setting on Stuller (the Kamoka pendant) for a while, it's nice to see how it looks when worn.
                              Check out my jewelry here

Comment

• Thanks everyone!

Lmgarden--your blue akoyas are STUNNING. Love what you've done to repurpose it!

Comment

Working...
                                X