Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Lmgarden, I am in love with your figlet!!! And your figs! The Akoya keshi are the perfect foil. Well done on the composition :)

You bought the little blue keshi!!! Congrats!!! I love that little guy! I was being good until Ruckus and thought I'd snag him up if he was still around (which I figured he wouldn't). He looks right at home with his big brothers and sisters. Can you show me a closeup of your akoya keshi? I wasn't sure what you did and I'm nosey. lol

Uh, oh Lmgardens ... if you were counting on us for restraint .... er ... well, maybe the hats and clothes ...

lmgarden, I love your pendants. They are gorgeous. And what an amazing triple, twice over. 3 pendants on one necklace, and 3 necklaces!

Do you think Luella Parson's pearls were real?

They just seemed almost too big for the time period, but I could be wrong as she was rich.

Thank you, Amti! Last year I bought 2 36" akoya keshi necklaces and turned one into a rope combining gss and blue Vietnamese akoya pearls - the other into a 17" choker shown with the Kamoka figs. I'm working on another project with the remainders. I don't have a close up pic of the 17", but will post when I do!

Thank you, cicadalady, MSC, Katbran, JerseyPearl and BWeaves!

BWeaves, I suspect Louella had mostly real pearls, but you're right, the larger sizes appear to be imitations.

Ha! Cathy, if I start wearing those hats and clothes, I'd probably need more help than my fellow pearl guide members can provide!!!

I wore my Kamokas today, along with my Sea of Cortez triple pendant. Kamoka harvest strand (long form with bracelet attached) is from Josh at Kamoka, and my Kamoka pearl ring was purchased from Pearl Paradise. The three SoC pearls were purchased directly from Douglas during prior Ruckuses, and the pendant was designed and set in palladium at Stephen Vincent Designs in Minneapolis.

20170626_171542.jpg20170626_171639.jpg

Oh Red! The combo of two strikingly beautiful pieces plus a ring is almost too much for me. Almost! :D

I still remember the photos of Red's Kamoka set online ... and in person ... and it's SOOOO gorgeous! The SOC pearl pendant works so well with the Kamokas too. You wear them both beautifully, my friend :)

Lately, I've been doing a lot of sitting around and waiting. And I don't do waiting well - I need to be doing something. So, it was the perfect time to master knotting a long rope. This was the result. The knotting visibly improves along the length and I did have some trouble managing the length. Mid way through, I decided to change the knotting technique, so there is that as well. Regardless, it was a good experiment and learning experience. I am now ready for a "serious" long rope.

7mm baroque akoya
18k gold forged clasp (that can slip between pearls, nestling, to allow a Y necklace)

IMG_20170626_1803379.jpg

Looks great Lady_Disdain! At your convenience, could we ask for a closeup of the forged clasp ... one of yours?

Red, those are gorgeous!

Beatriz, I'm impressed. I'm done in after doing a 36 inch rope. I invariably accidentally break the thread when I'm almost done. I'm now in orbit clasp mode. They link together so well that I can make a rope of any length from shorter necklaces.

Back