Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't worn these much bc they're studs, but I like them a lot. I think I'm going to eventually convert all my studs to screw posts. I don't often wear studs bc I worry about accidentally ripping them out. I've done that enough for it to be a reasonable worry. These ones will definitely be converted!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4252.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	370678
    Check out my jewelry here

Comment

• Wonderful ombre earrings, Icy!
      I love your delicate flower petal pearls earrings MSC!

Comment

• I love the ombre pearls but I don't like the fish hook. You need a fancier, more comfortable earring finding. It will make the earrings look more expensive.

I love the little flower earrings, too.

Oh, who am I kidding. I love everything!

Comment

• I love the blossom setting, too. One of these days I'll get it.

Comment

• IcyJade, I share your dislike of the fish hook earring findings. I switch all of mine to leverbacks before PP ships them; well worth a bit of extra expense for comfort and peace of mind. Those ombre earrings are just so beautiful!

MSC, LOVE those little flower earrings ... are they American pearls? Sapphire centers?? They'd also be cute dangling from a bit of gold chain or a leverback
            Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• So pretty!
              http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
              Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Originally posted by CathyKeshi View Post
                Beautiful, JerseyPearl. I love the blossom setting too; especially with Tahitians. What's the pendant you're wearing?
                Thanks Cathy. That pendant is a halo set diamond (it was my mother's engagement ring). This is a poor photo, but a close up. The diamond is just under 2.5 carats, and the small side stones were from her mounting. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG958490.jpg
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	370682
                Last edited by JerseyPearl; 12-08-2016, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerseyPearl View Post
                  Thanks Cathy. That pendant is a halo set diamond (it was my mother's engagement ring). This is a poor photo, but a close up. The diamond is just under 2carats, and the small side stones were from her mounting.
                  I set my mom's engagement diamond in a bezel set necklace as well, Jersey. It's a lovely way to reuse stones of those that mean so much to us. Twinsies! I love the milligrain set halo, very pretty.

Thanks, y'all!

Cathy, they are American river pearls and Montana sapphires, one of my favorite combos I've thought about converting to dangle earrings, but I think I like them as studs best. I know I'll wear them more if I convert from a friction post to a screw post.
                  Check out my jewelry here

Comment

• It's getting cool in Florida. Time to layer on the pearls.

PP Freshadama double strand, and Natural White Hanadama rope. Mikimoto earrings. And my mother's ice blue leather jacket from 1962.

Name:	IMG_1905.jpg
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	370683

Name:	IMG_1906.jpg
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	370684

And because Newberry says everything looks better on plain white, and she's right.

Name:	IMG_1907.jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	370685

Comment

• Love the pearls....and REALLY love the leather jacket. Why am I not shocked that it's blue....I think the B stands for BlueWeaves.

Comment

• every time i go through this thread all of your photos make me smile
                        i may not always say anything, so i'm telling you all now

you all make me smile

Comment

• Gosh white on white looks fab Bweaves!

Icy those ombre earrings look great. Heavy?

MSc so cute the flower pearls.

Today the first I tried pearl earrings with pearl necklace. But not matchy matchy. I quite like this combination. Dark tahitian studs with gold ssp.

Name:	PhotoGrid_1479993127214.jpg
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	370697

Comment

• Hahaha, BlueWeaves. I like it. Funny part is, blue isn't my favorite color. I tend to think of it as a background color, like a favorite pair of jeans. And yet blue pearls just send me over the edge. I used to be all about pinked white ones 30 years ago, but I get bluer as I get older.

Comment

• Icy, love your ombré earrings!

MSC, your flower earrings are so pretty!

BWeaves, I'm surprised by how good your freshadama and hanadama pearls look together.

Kalmen, that combination works really well! What colour are your Tahitian studs? They look almost chocolate or copper in your photo.

Comment

• The Freshadamas were selected to match the pearls in the clasp on my grandmother's old worn out akoyas, so they are very white. The natural white Hanadamas are also very white. And they're both 8 mm pearls. When they are right next to each other, you can tell the difference. The freshies are more satiny looking, and the Hanadamas are super shiny with gorgeous orient, but it's subtle.

Funnily enough, when I where them together, most people think the freshies are real and the Hanadamas are fake, because they look too good.

Comment

Working...
                                X