Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Wonder what kind of pearls they were...the pearls on the bodice seemed quite large. Overall it was beautiful
22-OSCARS-NOTEWORTHY-slide-0ALQ-superJumbo.jpg

crickett - Those lavenders are amazing!

I'm wearing my natural white Hanadamas today and really don't like the pictures. But hey, some days are better than others!

003.jpg
007.jpg
021.jpg
032.jpg
036.jpg
034.jpg

Beautiful pearls and photos!
I was wearing my new Edison pearls earrings today, I love them!

Drop edison pearls

kelluvpearls -- how lovely! Can we get some ear shots?

Gorgeous, lucious pearls! Ear shots please!

Today I'm wearing a Tahitian strand purchased from PP this last summer. It's a go-to strand with turtlenecks lately but they sure don't photograph very well (maybe I shouldn't blame the pearls lol!).

Pearl Paradise Tahitian rope
Tahitian strand close up
Tahitian strand clasp in front, Pearl Paradise
Dark strand of circled Tahitians from Pearl Paradise

I'm wearing my natural white Hanadamas today and really don't like the pictures. But hey, some days are better than others!

I beg to differ. Your photos show some spectacular pearls! :)

Edit: Whoa! Please bring them back. I liked those pearly white photos.

Last edited:
Mabe pearls and opal on silver

Mabe pearls and opal on silver

For months, I obsessed about this mabe pearl and opal necklace on Ebay, but I was afraid I wouldn't like it in real life. So when it went on sale last month, I decided to take the plunge.

I don't know if the mabe pearls are saltwater or freshwater, but the silver was crafted in Indonesia. Being in the 11mm range, it has a decent amount of shine and surface quality. The opals are 6x4mm have a surprising amount of fire, given that it's sold on Ebay.

P6180133
Mabe pearl and opal necklace from eBay
Close up mabe pearl and opal necklace from eBay
Wearing Mabe pearl and opal necklace from eBay
Outdoors Mabe pearl and opal necklace from eBay

WOW! What a fantastic and unique piece! How nice that you'd wanted it and it went on sale! I'd love more neck shots when you get a chance. In different lighting.

Congrats and wear in health!

Cyndaco, that's spectacular! Do you know where the mabe' pearls are from, or the origin of the necklace?
Oh, sorry; went back and read again ... now that you have the necklace, what do you think about "saltwater versus freshwater" on the mabes?

CathyKeshi, the merchant says the mabe pearls are from saltwater oysters grown in Sulawesi, Indonesia. For opals, he used Australian doublets.

That mabe pearls are saltwater make sense, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese figure out how to grow mabe pearls in freshwater mussels.

It's very lovely, cyndayco ... it's so nice when an obsession becomes reality :) I'd say it's much prettier than the original photos look.

Back