Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Love those studs, hanadama! are they Kamoka? I just found a pair of dream earrings from them.

I'm still in my pj's, but I put on my jewelry. That counts, right?
pearls in pajamas

Thanks MSC! I made these from Jac's pearls but they remind me of this pair which Kamoka listed a few years ago. They've been on my inspiration board for a long time!

IMG_7357.JPG

Love your look, the layering, funky designs and vintage pieces! I vaguely remember you posting a photo of some beautiful, bright akoya not long ago. Are they yours?? Where are they from and what will you make with them?

so cruising through this thread getting with my eyes bugging out....
*you all are my reward for this cold breaking and also cause i'm about done with the pdf for the gallery*
everything i been looking at is making me sigh.... and i have pearl envy....
wonderful pieces you all have

Thank you, Jersey and hanadama!

Those are a dead ringer, hanadama. Great job! We're you talking about the parcel of mixed color Vietnamese akoya? If so, I'm getting those from Cees (getting drilled as we type) and I think I'm going to make a bracelet set with them and maybe earrings. Probably in silver first, then in white gold later on...

Today, it's hot. I wore The Swan on the white gold knit choker. I wore my Kojima blue baroque drops on my Mom's diamond oval hoops.

Kojima blue baroque drops on my Mom's diamond oval hoops and The Swan

Beautiful BWeaves!!

Ooh MSC! Which ones are your dream Kamokas?? Have you ordered them?

Ooh MSC! Which ones are your dream Kamokas?? Have you ordered them?

They are a pair of dangle earrings, but they're just a dream right now. I actually just want one of the pearls, lol. I asked Celeste if she found another pearl in that color if she would make a coconut ring for me with it. She said it was a super rare color, so who knows how long it'll be before they find another. I think it would look spectacular in a coconut ring.
kamoka bright green earrings

Oh, I've been lusting after that pair of Kamoka's, too. You have first dibs! (OK, I'm lusting after most of the items on Kamoka's website.)

Sorry folks, I have been MIA with work and family this week.
Karman, love the new mixed ss from Pearlescense/ Wendy! The pearl change made all the difference. Absolutely lovely on you!

KaySD, That is a wonderful strand, I look forward to seeing the re-vamp if you decide to go ahead.

Hanadama - The purple tahitians are fantastic.

BWeaves, love your Swan and La Perlagrina. Lovely hoops from your mother. They look great with the drops.

Oh, I've been lusting after that pair of Kamoka's, too. You have first dibs! (OK, I'm lusting after most of the items on Kamoka's website.)

No dibs here! If I could only convince them to use that pearl on the left in a coconut ring...

Copycat T's today with one of my favorite necklaces (blue tourmaline and wood)
Tahitian earrings with favorite necklaces - blue tourmaline and wood

Last edited:
As much as I try not to visit the siren page of LT and DB, sometimes I slip. Dropped in DB and saw the word "Kamoka". Oh no/OH YES. This is how jewelry "happens" to me. Funny how long that dialogue took. I bought these and then guiltily made my husband a nice dinner. He was on board when he saw the earrings and that they were Kamoka.
They are now rehomed! Description: 9.5mm cherry peacock on 14k.

My picture looks like there is a divot, but that is photo distortion, the pearl is smooth.

9.5mm cherry peacock on 14k

Pic from DB:
9.5mm cherry peacock on 14k in box

They are a pair of dangle earrings, but they're just a dream right now. I actually just want one of the pearls, lol. I asked Celeste if she found another pearl in that color if she would make a coconut ring for me with it. She said it was a super rare color, so who knows how long it'll be before they find another. I think it would look spectacular in a coconut ring.

MSC, what's a coconut ring? :p

They use coconut wood for the shank of the ring and mount a pearl on it.

Congratulations Moneymeister! I've been eyeing those lonely Kamoka earrings for some time now; SO GLAD they went to a fellow PG lady (and Walter is so glad to lol).

Back