Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

For a bit of mix matched fun since I was inspired by Bweaves kamoka stud choices

Mismatched black and white pearl studs

I'm still in my pajamas but I decided today is a vintage akoya day. My reworked akoya wave necklace with my mom's yellow gold and akoya ring. I think I'm eventually going to plate the ring in rose gold and replace the akoya with one of Dave's root beer colored mussel pearls...
reworked akoya wave necklace with my mom's yellow gold and akoya ring

Whoa! The Twilight Zone photo was a bit distracting. Actually it reminds me of that classic Star Trek episode where Charlie removed a lady's face because she was laughing.

But I like the mismatched look. I'm still trying to decide which pair (or pairs) to get, or whether to wait a bit.

I love the reworked vintage necklace. I like my pearls long enough that I can see them and play with them.

Hahaha I agree the photo is freaky. When I first put it together I was like.. ermm...
But yes I enjoyed the mismatched look today.

I really love your reworked vintage akoya necklace, MSC. It looks glorious with those rondelles. I'd love to see Dave's rootbeer pearl on your finger.

Love the Octopus with the brown! Also the reworked akoyas make them modern again!!

File this one under "Pearls just want to have fun". Last year I was looking at Michelle Obamas pearls and I ran across this torsade she was wearing. It reminded me of all of the dyed pearls and cheap freshwater pearls my daughter and I used to pick up so she could make stretch bracelets for her and her friends. I dug them out and put together this torsade. I have since found out that they were made for Michelle Obama by Hisano, so I apologize profusely for the blatant plagiarism. Some on Pearl Guide have issues with dyed pearls and worry about them fading. These pearls are at least fifteen years old as my daughter is now married with children and have not shown any signs of fading. I think that dyed pearls and even fake pearls have their place and can be playful.

Michelle Obama wearing pearl torsade by Hisano Shepherd Pearl Paradise
Mixed freshwater strands baroque
Freshwater pearl torsade

Kalmen I love your mismatched studs! What kind of pearls are they?

Lovely vintage akoya MSC. The ring will look lovely in rose gold.

JP, I'm glad there wasn't too much damage to your house. Your Octo is gorgoeus!

Pearly-whites, wow you did a great job! What a fun necklace!

MSC - I do love your reworked wave strand ! And the idea for the ring ..excellent! I'd be interested to see the true colour of the pearl ...I've never seen a natural brown pearl ...well other than the bronze Tahitians. But Daves are a very different shade. I think it would look fantastic in RG !
Pearly white- ( i always think you are a dentist when I see that name lol ) that is a fun necklace ! I think there is a place for dyed pearls - why not ! They offer so much variety for so little cash .... well most of them ...I've seen some dreadfully expensive ones too !

JP ...omg woman you a,ways look so casualty glamorous! Sorry your screen has disappeared..hopefully it's not imbedded in a neighbours roof ! Last year the winds were so high they picked up a neighbours Dedon chain and dropped it (40 ft away) on my DH 's poor old antique sports car. It did have a head start as it was on a second floor balcony..but still .. shame it didn't drop two of them .. they would have been worth more than the car.

Still no screen yet...so I went to the hardware store thinking I was going to find a replacement....only to walk out of there with some bits for my dremel!

OMG, Pearly Whites that strand is so pretty! I totally agree about using color to make an item FUN! And wow, I never knew that Hisano made that piece for Mrs. Obama. I believe she also made an ombre akoya and Tahitian rope for her as well. Such a lovely inspiration piece you have made.

Back