Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Lmgarden-- I could look at those pictures all day! Beautiful colors in your HGs! Thanks for the extra pictures:)

Thanks for the extra pic, enbcfsobe! Great theme for a necklace and the colors are wonderful together!

Catherine Cardellini not quite white ripples.

Catherine Cardellini not quite white ripples
CCripples1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those ripples look so beautiful against your lovely skin tone, baby nurse!

I was so awestruck and inspired when I saw yours and Purranha's HG ripples. Thanks to both of you!!

Wow, BN, your supply of exquisite pearls seems endless. Lovely!

I'd like to thank everyone here for inspiring me to combine my pearls in different ways. I never would have put akoyas and Tahitians together, or a pendant and a rope together, but you all make it look fantastic, so I'm giving it a try.

Today, it's my Vietnamese little blue akoya rope from PP, with La Perlagrina from Kamoka on my new 18" diamond cut chain, and my Kojima opal and Tahitian drop earrings.

Vietnamese little blue akoya rope from PP, with La Perlagrina from Kamoka

I can't decide if I like the 18" or 20" length better on the gold chains, so I'm keeping them both. It really depends on my neckline. I know I could have gotten an extender and one chain, but I got a good price on the chains and I'll get a lot of use out of both of them.

Lmgarden-- thank you : ) I'm so glad you bought those HGs and are loving them.

BWeaves, the tahitian pendant and blue akoya rope look gorgeous together. I'm really kicking myself for not having gotten one of those little blue akoya ropes. Sure do enjoy seeing yours!

your pearls are beautiful! I am a newbie here, what kind of pearls are they? Thank You.

We have all been "newbies" at one time here. Jump in and ask lots of question because we all love talking about our pearls. The only stupid question is the one not asked :)

Well, I've kicked myself over not ordering some of the necklaces that BN got, so now we're even. hehhehehe.

BN! I'm glad you like the idea (which I blatantly copied from KaySD lol). I love layering things that doesn't make sense together, and sometimes the results turn out great.

I'm thinking you probably can not link your vietnamese baby BBA with your larger japanese BBA because the clasp are not the same right? Otherwise it would have worked out quite well.

So link the vietnamese blue & golden akoya into a rope. You also have the spectacular double strand of larger japanese BBA - not sure what the clasp looks like, but you can perhaps "split" the strand, wear the face of the clasp down the front center, and "hide" the insert hook part of the clasp at the back. That's another way to make a rope.

You have sssoooooo many options of strands to link together! Oh perhaps even the Edison strand with the re-homed multi-shade golden & white SSP strand?

Haha can you tell? I so want to roll around in your pearl stash. :eek:

These were taken on the out last night...

5 strands of blue akoyas:
2- 5-6mm Vietnamese blues
1- 6-7mm Vietnamese silver/blues
1- 8.5mm Japanese blues

All connected with wg orbit clasps. And slightly twisted. I wear them often as a rope.
Last night I added an antique citrine pendant. Ive always liked the idea of blue akoyas with a gss pendant. I don't have one (yet!), citrine works for now!

Baby Nurse, if you have blue and golden akoyas, as Purranha says, that rope combo would be stunning!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

lmgarden. Love your blue strands! I'm slowly restringing my pearls to have the orbit clasps, so I can link them all together.

Today it's Nana's necklace and earrings, because I felt they were being neglected.

Nana's necklace and earrings

Back