Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had some of my pearls restrung and incorporated other pearls and gems to refresh the originals.

I bought this pastel baroque strand on eBay and was disappointed that it looked washed out in real life. I was on the verge of returning it when I decided to mix in some 6.5mm gold freshwater pearls. That solved the contrast problem, but as a necklace, it felt too retro for my taste.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1716.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	355504

One day, I tried them as a bracelet. Voila, they are now my go-to hand ornament.

Name:	IMG_1836.jpg
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	355503

These grey potatoes were my first "big" pearls, and I loved their chunkiness. Still, I thought they could be more contemporary. So I rummaged through my toolbox and found topaz cushions that became the new focal point. The inclusion of two silver spacer beads was not part of the plan, but I thought they gave it an unexpected touch--like a pretty model with a gap between her front teeth.

Name:	IMG_1785.jpg
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	355505Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1731.jpg
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	355506
    Last edited by cyndayco; 03-16-2014, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• That does make a really lovely bracelet! Try to make sure you don't admire it so much driving that you crash though.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Amanda View Post
        That does make a really lovely bracelet! Try to make sure you don't admire it so much driving that you crash though.....
        LOL, Amanda! Very nice bracelet and I really love the blue topaz stones. I love your analogy of the gap-toothed model!

Comment

• love the topaz with the big grey pearls!
          Check out my jewelry here

Comment

• I said before I often wear my 5-6mm oval lavender freshwaters for work, as I love the colour, and they are low-key enough for my dresscode. They are 35 inches long, no clasp, so I often put them round my neck doubled and knot the ends together:

Name:	IMG_1505.jpg
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	355528

Name:	IMG_1509.jpg
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	355529

Name:	IMG_1501.jpg
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	355530

Comment

• Nice bracelet and l like the grey pearls with the blue topaz necklace very much, cyndayco!
              Love the styling of your lavender ovals Amanda - round the neck doubled and knotted at the front. That looks great!
              Amrita
              www.harmonypearls.com
              www.facebook.com/HarmonyPearls
              info@harmonypearls.com
              www.twitter.com/HarmonyPearls9

Comment

• Oh wow! Those blue topaz really look gorgeous sandwiched in between those big silver pearls. I love the knotted ends on the lavender strand. seriously, this thread is so great for style tips

Comment

• I love my lavender pearls - I have some round ones, too, and the colours are just spectacular.

Comment

• Lavender are a personal favourite with me too. These days there are really dark lavender (purple) pearls available more easily than ever before and I love those too!
                    Amrita
                    www.harmonypearls.com
                    info@harmonypearls.com

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0628.jpg
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	355701

This is how I'm wearing a few strands today...I'm going for over the top with casual, so I'm wearing a plain long sleeved tee, khakis and tory flip flops.
                      http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                      Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Love how you've layered 3 different kinds of pearls around your neck, JerseyPearl! You must be turning quite a few heads your way today!
                        Welcome to P-G!!
                        Amrita
                        www.harmonypearls.com
                        info@harmonypearls.com

Comment

• Had to keep one of these lustrous fireball strands for myself out of our April Specials?.what do you think of the combination of the white pearls alternated with gold plated spacer beads...
                          Attached Files
                          Amrita
                          www.harmonypearls.com
                          info@harmonypearls.com

Comment

• What do I think? Gorgeous! Wear them in good health!

Comment

• Originally posted by Amrita View Post
                              Love how you've layered 3 different kinds of pearls around your neck, JerseyPearl! You must be turning quite a few heads your way today!
                              Welcome to P-G!!
                              Thanks! It's actually 4 different strands...three baroques and a triple strand of akoya. The akoyas are 7-7.5mm and the baroques all start at 12mm and go to around 15mm. One of the strands is a flame ball. I love doing different combos with pearls.

Comment

• Amrita, I love how you paired the pearls with the spacer beads...and that color of pink is gorgeous with your skin tone.

Comment

Working...
                                X