Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I suppose no one would propose that the quality is the same, albeit the difference would be largely "under the hood" with the four-year nacre growth. Unless the Chinese are doing that too...
I was so surprised when they said the pearls grew for 4 years! Makes them even more special than they already were to me.

I wonder if that's always been the procedure or if culturing time has changed over the years. I wasn't quick enough to think of asking that during the live event.

Steve: I doubt that most Chinese pearl farmers are letting their pearls grow for 4 years. However, the two necklaces that I bought from Kojima and Pacific Pearls have incredibly thick nacre and great color, so at least one Chinese pearl farmer is letting them grow for a long time. Sarah seems to pick the best of the best. These two particular necklaces could easily be mistaken for real Kasumi pearls. I have real Kasumi pearls to compare them with, and I've done a lot of staring at them.

HAHAHHA! I just got an e-mail from Jordyn at PP. I was backup for a few Kasumi pearls, and I was actually relieved that someone bought them out from under me. Well, the jokes on me. I just found out I got K-24, which was Hisano's favorite pearl. I had to go back and watch the recorded video to remember what it looked like. It was very colorful and smooth, with the hammered effect, but no lumpy bumps or dimples. 11.5 x 12.2 It had no bad side, so I want it set so I can see the whole pearl. I'm thinking it would look great in the Wishbone pendant like Hisano put her special pearl in. Either that, or the "I am a Pearl" ring at Kojima. What do you think?

Back