Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Wow, I love the triple blues, and the twist with the 4th strand.

I was in another blue mood yesterday. I've decided the 3 strands satisfy my longing for a 100 inch rope. I paired them with my metallic freshwater drops.

IMG_0406.jpg

photo 4 (3)

I keep eyeing up more of the blues on PP. Must stop buying pearls.

Today I wore The Swan on the yellow gold sleeve knit necklace.

photo 3 (15)

I love those two looks, BWeaves. Blue suits you!

Always lovely to see your scattered tin cup, ckrickett; one of my favourite tin cups.

Everyone looks lovely :)

"Just ... " Crickett LOL??? Such a beautiful necklace!

Lovely pearls everyone.

BWeaves - I love that combination of blue and white pearls. So many beautiful ropes!

Ckrickett - this is one of the nicest tin cups I've seen.

Tucs - those silver blue akoyas look lovely on you!

ckrickett: Your tin cup is my favorite of that style.

Tucs: I have a silver blue just like yours, so of course, I love it on you, too. I think the silver blues really glow in photos.

Thanks hanadama and BWeaves.

I received my candy colour drops today. They are very pretty, like little rainbow mirrors.

candy colour pearl drops

Tucs, I love your new drops. I'm a sucker for that look anyway. Love them.

They are amazing, aren't they? Hard to get IRL photo that shows how wild they can be. Yours are lovely, really well balanced with the huggies. Looking great, you are!

Thanks ckrickett, JP, BWeaves and lisa! Here's a photo that shows the colour variation a bit better, but as Lisa says it's really hard to capture them.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Oh wow, those are gorgeous. Enjoy!

Yesterday I was still in a blue mood.

Kojima blue grey drops, 9 mm Vietnamese baroque blue akoyas, and 6-7 mm Vietnamese blue akoya rope.

Kojima blue grey drops, 9 mm Vietnamese baroque blue akoyas, and 6-7 mm Vietnamese blue akoya rope.

Beautiful, BWeaves! Perfect trilogy, and nicely coordinated with that top.

I love all the pearls on this thread. You lady's give me such inspiration on how to wear mine in great combinations and new outfits to seek out.

You know, I never used to like blue at all. I really go through the most amazing color phases.

I can guess your age by the color ink you use to write with.

Purple Age 11
Pink Age 14
Blue Age 18
Green Your 20s
Black Your 30s & 40s
Blue again Your 50s

Now? It's hard to tell, because you're typing on your phone.

Anyway, I'm amazed how my natural blues just glow in photos. They are actually much bluer in person. My dyed blues are so dull in photos, but look fine in person. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Today are my Vietnamese silver pistachio akoyas from the recent PP vietnamese akoya sale. I think I'm a "small pearl" girl. I am so in love with these. When I first saw them I thought "OMG, people are going to think I'm wearing little silver ball bearings". They are THAT lustrous. It's a shame my picture doesn't show that.
I got two compliments on the first day i wore them. I am really looking forward to PP offering them again.

I had mine strung to 16.5" and I use the remaining 8 pearls to make a very dainty tin cup choker.

Vietnamese silver pistachio akoyas from the recent Pearl Paradise vietnamese akoya sale

Last edited:
Back