Clear All

• Rianne, you look lovely!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8B1960ED-59F2-4251-8456-868113610E65.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	396149

Comment

• Jeg’s Closet, yaaaaay! And her pearl drawers!
      and Pareltje, I think your pearl photos are waaaaay!
      who have I missed? I love this thread.

Comment

• Thanks, eolian and LisaC! Love those vivid colors, Pearlie Sue!

Seaglass Tahitian strand and Tahitian cloud keshi necklace from Kojima, with an ombré Tahitian rope from PP.

Name:	2BD74A6D-FA80-44E9-9CCE-52E15C5D7E73.jpeg
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	396150

Name:	FD46366C-02B0-4B64-9DBA-704F80B8AE61.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	396151

Comment

• I wore my SSP necklace to Goodwill today, along with my messy bun, sneakers and sweatshirt- but I still felt very classy! I forgot to take a picture, but I didn't want to come empty handed, so I'm including a picture of the adorable ladybug luggage I got- for those vacations I distantly remember from pre-covid times.

Name:	20210206_224401.jpg
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	396152
          I also got my pearl stringing kit from Pattye, and today I was looking over my akoya necklace and I noticed something interesting. Maybe 10% of the pearls are slightly less shiny. It's hard to describe and I sure couldn't take a picture, but I'll try. They're somehow more opaque, yet also more transparent... If I roll the pearl around it will have patches of opacity, and then areas that somehow look transparent, like you could see through to something below. I suppose these are pearls that are worn enough I can see the bead? I'm not overly worried because I wanted to make the necklace slightly shorter so I can just toss those pearls, but I was curious. I purchased vintage pearls with the understanding they wouldn't be as lustrous as new ones, so it's okay. Given my active and messy work life I probably wouldn't want to risk damaging really high end pearls anyway. I figure they should last at least a few years, and then I'll take the clasp and put it on another necklace.
          Win/win!

Comment

• I admire your clothes as much as your pearls, jeg! And this outfit is my favorite yet. I have a soft spot for yellow, and the pearls look so nice with it. And ombre pearl necklaces, gasp. Until I found this forum I never could have imagined there would be so many colors of pearls you could even make an ombre! (And now, of course, I "need" one myself)

Comment

• Thanks Lilpearl, Pearlie Sue, eolian pearls and lisa c for your compliments. I'd prefer to take pictures of my pearls than wear them LOL. It snowed here and I used this opportunity to take pictures of my pearls. Nothing is a better light box for pearl photography than a garden full of snow. The pearls' body colors and overtones pop to the max.
              Jeg, I'm crazy about your layering. Oh that ombre is dreamy!
              Last edited by Pareltje; 02-08-2021, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Lovely pearls everyone.

Comment

• How wonderful to see Seaglass again Jeg! So beautifully layered too!

Today I am sharing my dainty T keshi necklace (Druzy) and mismatched earrings. I love to take pictures of the pearls too Paretje! I noticed that when I load them here the colors are less vivid, so imagine these even more colorful...Click image for larger version

Name:	82D04D70-A2EA-4824-B8A8-1B0357AB5AC4.jpg
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	396160
                  Last edited by eolian pearls; 02-07-2021, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Those are very colorful keshis, eolian pearls! Tiny but mighty!

Comment

• Logged in to say wonderful as always, ladies.
                      Happy Huku
                      Queensland
                      Australia

Comment

• Loving all the posts!! Gorgeous pearls everyone!
                        http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                        Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Those tahitian keshis are so pretty eolian pearls.

Comment

• Coming to this site always makes my day! I'm loving all the beautiful pearls!

Comment

• I got my new Tahitian pearl necklace today!! It's another estate piece, but the clasp was 18k and says "Delia and Tasaki," so I figured it was a pretty safe bet that these were quality pearls. And I loooooove them, but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves!

Name:	20210208_190258.jpg
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	396166

Name:	20210208_190203.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	396167

Name:	20210208_190706.jpg
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	396168
                              The grey/blue seems to show up a little more in pictures. In person it's more silvery with a hint of blue, but I like it and it's a good shade for me. I was afraid really dark Tahitian pearls would look a bit stark against my fair skin, but now I kinda want some Tahitian pearls in all the colors. Omg, the olive/gold ones would be to die for!

Comment

• Your T's look beautiful on you, Pearlie Sue!

Comment

Working...
                                X