Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I thought it was a good time to practice Kasumi :). SIGH, I'm the worst photographer, can't begin to do these iridescent pearls justice. Right front is my new 37" Kasumi Gentle Ombre Rope, and a Kasumi pendant with gems choker. The necklace and its coordinating bracelet on the left side are much deeper burgundy, purple, golds and greens than the photo can show. All pieces by our dear Sarah and the Kojima team, with the addition of the 2 matching gold octopi tentacle clasps by a very talented goldsmith in Oregon, so I can link those when I want. View attachment 468883
Gorgeous!

Oh! JEG. Thank you for posting the pics of you, Pattye, and Marianne. It's so good to see old friends. I haven't been able to get over to the west coast since the last Ruckus and I miss you all.

Yesterday and today I've been wearing my Kojima freshwater keshi tin-cup necklace and matching earrings with The Devine Sarah. She plays so well with others, despite looking like no other pearl I've ever seen.

View attachment 468887View attachment 468886
Beautiful colors BWeaves!

Today was the first day in over a week that I've been able to put on pearls or any other jewelry for that matter. I'm wearing my mixed Akoya strand. It really doesn't match what I have on but is easier to get on than others. Being without your right hand is a real pain, literally. LOL

1713116733691.jpeg

Thank you Catmom. Hope your right hand feels better soon! I'm wearing my new Kasumi rope today in part because my hands said "NO CLASP today; nope, we are not doing clasps today ..." Sometimes we just have to listen :)

So kind of you lary007 :) Your beautiful study in blue pearls a few days ago caught my eye ... ethereal and so lovely. And those GSS and Aquaprase drop earrings are unique and fabulous!

This is one part of my most recent live event purchases. Big fireballs that were made into earrings and a pendant. I was a little worried that the earrings would be too heavy, but I've worn them all day two days in a row and they don't bother me at all.
20240415_115157.jpg
20240415_115325.jpg

I'm also wearing a green and pink freshwater pearl ring in the cascade setting from PP. It looks more golden in this picture somehow.
20240415_120146.jpg

I thought it was a good time to practice Kasumi :). SIGH, I'm the worst photographer, can't begin to do these iridescent pearls justice. Right front is my new 37" Kasumi Gentle Ombre Rope, and a Kasumi pendant with gems choker. The necklace and its coordinating bracelet on the left side are much deeper burgundy, purple, golds and greens than the photo can show. All pieces by our dear Sarah and the Kojima team, with the addition of the 2 matching gold octopi tentacle clasps by a very talented goldsmith in Oregon, so I can link those when I want. View attachment 468883
Just beautiful!

lary007: Those fireballs are nice and plump and cumulus cloud looking.

Today I'm wearing my little h Finestrino emerald enhancer on my little h emerald and pearl tin-cup. Reborn pearl earrings from a shop in Mt. Dora which isn't there anymore.

I keep staring at the little h emerald and tiny pearl earrings on PP. My resolve is weakening. I might have to buy them. What do you think?

P.S. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this, but I have a little something for sale on Loupe Troop. Go look or not.

IMG_2617.jpeg

IMG_2619.jpeg

Last edited:
lary007: Those fireballs are nice and plump and cumulus cloud looking.

Today I'm wearing my little h Finestrino emerald enhancer on my little h emerald and pearl tin-cup. Reborn pearl earrings from a shop in Mt. Dora which isn't there anymore.

I keep staring at the little h emerald and tiny pearl earrings on PP. My resolve is weakening. I might have to buy them. What do you think?

P.S. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this, but I have a little something for sale on Loupe Troupe. Go look or not.

View attachment 468900

View attachment 468901
I'll be in Mt Dora this Thursday! Too bad the pearl shop isn't there anymore. I'll be visiting my sis in FL and we're meeting a friend for lunch in Mt Dora. I've never been and I hear it's very cute. The emeralds are alway beautiful.

This is one part of my most recent live event purchases. Big fireballs that were made into earrings and a pendant. I was a little worried that the earrings would be too heavy, but I've worn them all day two days in a row and they don't bother me at all. View attachment 468897View attachment 468898

I'm also wearing a green and pink freshwater pearl ring in the cascade setting from PP. It looks more golden in this picture somehow. View attachment 468899
Thank you for the good wishes lary and Cathy! I get the stitches out tomorrow morning.

Lary. the fireballs match perfectly together and make a beautiful set!

I'll be in Mt Dora this Thursday! Too bad the pearl shop isn't there anymore. I'll be visiting my sis in FL and we're meeting a friend for lunch in Mt Dora. I've never been and I hear it's very cute. The emeralds are alway beautiful.
Mt. Dora is adorable, although it's different than it used to be. It used to be this sleepy little New England looking town. Then they ripped out all the oak trees and replaced them with palm trees and lots of tourists, and lots of bikers. I get why they replaced the trees, I really do. The oak roots screw up the pavement and the plumbing, and the palm tree roots don't. But it doesn't look the same. Still, you'll enjoy Mt. Dora. It's Florida's only "mountain." OK, it's maybe 10 feet above sea level and a bit hilly compared to the rest of Florida.

We miss seeing you, too, BWeaves! Maybe next year PBTB? And Cathy, we’ll see you soon! Looking so forward to catching up with you next month! I hope lots of people are planning to join us in this year’s Pearls By The Bay. Get your tickets!!! Come join in the fun!

Thanks CatMom and lary007, it’s always so much fun to get together with pearly friends.

CatMom, I’m sorry to hear about your hand. What a problem not being able to work the clasps. I think that calls for knotting some ropes or opera lengths!😄 Sounds like you are on the mend, thank goodness. That half and half necklace is a fun one, too.

Lary007, your new Live pieces are all great choices! The trio will go with everything, and such a pretty new ring to gaze at.

Uh oh, BWeaves… I’m very good at spending your money. I do love all the earrings with those little seed beads.

I seem to always be drawn to a certain color of Tahitian pearls. Kamoka pendant, La Perlagrina. The pearls in the opal earrings from Kojima match the pendant perfectly. Ombre' tin-cup from Kojima. Kojima has another ombre' tin-cup on their website that I'm lusting over, but it's the same length and style as the one I have. I just cannot justify having two, right? I have an even longer ombre' tin-cup from Kojima, so I really don't need three, right?

IMG_2626.jpeg
IMG_2624.jpeg

I love how the cherry ring on the left earring goes around the equator, but the cherry ring on the right earring is a halo. You can't tell when I'm wearing them, but only when they're next to each other.

IMG_2620.jpeg

It's so hard to capture the sparkle of the opals and the color of the Tahitian pearls in the same photo.

IMG_2622.jpeg

I seem to always be drawn to a certain color of Tahitian pearls. Kamoka pendant, La Perlagrina. The pearls in the opal earrings from Kojima match the pendant perfectly. Ombre' tin-cup from Kojima. Kojima has another ombre' tin-cup on their website that I'm lusting over, but it's the same length and style as the one I have. I just cannot justify having two, right? I have an even longer ombre' tin-cup from Kojima, so I really don't need three, right?

View attachment 468908View attachment 468909

I love how the cherry ring on the left earring goes around the equator, but the cherry ring on the right earring is a halo. You can't tell when I'm wearing them, but only when they're next to each other.

View attachment 468907

It's so hard to capture the sparkle of the opals and the color of the Tahitian pearls in the same photo.

View attachment 468910
Gorgeous! And I love the Pearls+Opals combination!

We miss seeing you, too, BWeaves! Maybe next year PBTB? And Cathy, we’ll see you soon! Looking so forward to catching up with you next month! I hope lots of people are planning to join us in this year’s Pearls By The Bay. Get your tickets!!! Come join in the fun!

Thanks CatMom and lary007, it’s always so much fun to get together with pearly friends.

CatMom, I’m sorry to hear about your hand. What a problem not being able to work the clasps. I think that calls for knotting some ropes or opera lengths!😄 Sounds like you are on the mend, thank goodness. That half and half necklace is a fun one, too.

Lary007, your new Live pieces are all great choices! The trio will go with everything, and such a pretty new ring to gaze at.

Uh oh, BWeaves… I’m very good at spending your money. I do love all the earrings with those little seed beads.
I know, right? I guess when my hand finally recovers I should do a strand without clasps. I have some white Edisons coming along with some onyx beads. I'll have to see if I have enough for a long length. I was hoping to get the stitches out today but no such luck. I have to wait another week but at least the bandage is smaller and I can start lightly using my hand again.

I know, right? I guess when my hand finally recovers I should do a strand without clasps. I have some white Edisons coming along with some onyx beads. I'll have to see if I have enough for a long length. I was hoping to get the stitches out today but no such luck. I have to wait another week but at least the bandage is smaller and I can start lightly using my hand again.
I am seriously considering changing out all my clasps (especially on bracelets) to magnets. I can put bracelets on myself but it's not easy and my husband is not always around to help me.

I already do it on most of my chains with pendants on them.

Back