My new pearls

Adding PP's souffle that just came today. This is going to be photo heavy.....
-11_zps18d5da7a.jpg

-10_zps3427693e.jpg

-9_zpsb1c12c76.jpg

-6_zpsa0855ada.jpg

-8_zps54b20707.jpg

-5_zpsaed930c6.jpg

-7_zpsc99fa180.jpg

-12_zps292709d9.jpg

-4_zpsa717c2fb.jpg

John did an amazing job on this one. I'm seriously impressed.

It's a pleasure to see the special pearls sold on the necks of their owners. This is a gorgeous souffle and looks lovely on you.

The colors on this just astound me, and I bet they are even more beautiful IRL!!! You are so lucky to have gotten this beauty!

-3_zps63fad022.jpg

-4_zps44b466c8.jpg

It's really a shocking pearl. I've never seen it's equal to be honest.

I like your style, luminous! The colors on this souffle are incredible. There is something so alien about it...as if it were some meteoric particle that might have great talismanic power. Many unique baroque pearls seem like this to me, though the depths of the sea are still quite alien to us, so in a way it is true.

I really like how the chain has been mounted here as well, and the gauge of the chain. Beautiful.

I really like the double peaks on the pearl and the way they were used for mounting. Congratulations on a very special acquisition! You mentioned elsewhere that it was smaller than you expected. Have you gotten used to that? To me, it doesn't look small AT ALL, but it's definitely true that necklace forms are not life size, which makes pearls appear larger than they are. I hope you love it, I think it's spectacular!

It IS spectacular, but it's still quite small *for me.* It's impossible not to love it, but I don't really know that it's mine. You know how you have a feeling when you put things on and you know they're home? I don't have that feeling.

Luminous, Would it feel more like you if it were part of an enhancer? Your CC pearls have more volume to them. Is that what feels more like the comfortable proportion on your neck?

I tend to like heavier pieces in general. Visually and weight wise. I wouldn't change this. This is art. I don't feel like I have a right to change it. I know that probably sounds weird, but it really is one of a kind. I feel it would be a shame to mess with that. It is so beautiful as it is.

They are amazing. And now they're amazing on someone else. This piece has gone to live with my dear friend. I hope she delights in it regularly-it's a treasure! Hopefully she'll give us some photos!

Back