My Pearls 2.0

I really enjoy the combinations!
And funnily enough...my daughter Jessica took up on crochet during the pandemic and she made me an Octopus with a hat. This whole pandemic has allowed many to find new outlets of expression :)

Thank you BWeaves and CortezPearls. I finished the pirate rainbow octopus with a pearl necklace. I show you when I have some better light.. It's really funny. I bet your daughter had fun making your octopus as well CortezPearls. I prefer crocheting to knitting, just for the simple reason that with crocheting usually only one stitch whilst knitting has lots of them. Less stitches to loose.

She did. But since it doesn't have a pearl necklace I won't be sharing it here ;)
I actually started thinking about Sheri's la_corsetiere Octos when I started picturing the crochet octopii.

You totally could have!

I still might CortezPearls. Remember those tahitian keshis I bought last summer and didn't know what to do with. Well first I made a bracelet, with just keshis. Well it was a bit smallish for me so I remade it into a triple wrap bracelet with a toggle clasp and some silvery and blue pearls. K call this one Fairys treasure.
_20211121_125718.JPG
_20211121_125748.JPG
_20211121_125633.JPG
_20211121_125824.JPG
It's pretty. I'm not sure it will survive the scissors should I suddenly need blue tahitians. The keshis are from Druzydesign, the akoyas and some small blue tahitians are from Pearlescence, some silver tahitians from Cees and the circled blue tahitians from cmw pearls.

So beautiful, Charlotta!!! Love those amazing iridescent blues, wow! I really like your remake from the keshi bracelet, and I hope it survives any scissors in the future :paranoid:

I demand to see the Octopus with the hat! I don't care if it's wearing pearls or not. Just stick a pearl in the photo on a tentacle. It's not like you don't have a few spare pearls lying around, Doug!

This is why I don't remake some strands...
_20211010_090953.JPG
_20210627_135417.JPG
_20210627_135301.JPG
Some pearls are perfect and don't need improvment. Blue tahitian strand from Pearlescence and white south sea strand from Cees. They are lovely on their own and together.

Here's Edgar, the pirate rainbow octopus with pearls.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20211127_094527.JPG Views:	0 Size:	377.4 KB ID:	458380
Being a pirate entitles him to take anything he please....
_20211127_114749.JPG

Like my bracelet...
​​​​​​Today it's snowing for the first time.
_20211127_120740.JPG

LOL! My daughter would kill me if she knew I was posting her creations online for the world to see!

Just due to popular demand.... ;)
Pulpo.jpg
My daughter's Octopus with a Hat and it's "Hoard of Mabe Pearls"...and I had our cat joining in the fun...but that photo goes to a different thread.

Love to see Winter is Here! We've had snow in the mountains too! Hopefully I'll be able to take my daughters to see the snow this year (they've never seen snow!).
Pearl looting is a must if you're a Pirate!

Wow Charlotta your thread is such a happy place! Amazing pearls and the cutest octopuses too!!! And there is the Fairies threasure too!!! Love those colors!

Your daughters octopus is beautiful and very well made CortezPearls and pretty mabes as well. My cats stay away from my octopus wierdly enough, since they steal pearls, my warm slippers, some weird thinghy that stops hair going inte the pipes in the bathtub, all kinds of building supplies and twice a paint roller drying of...
Thank you eolian pearls I love playing with pearls. I have been playing with my newish edisons this week, I had added two white south sea pearls and three golden south sea pearls but today I removed them and added two bigger ripple pearls instead. It's now an all freshwater ombre pearl strand, surprisingly many colors in them. I call it Sunrise Clouds. I would love to make a Winter is here strand but sadly a lack of cooltoned white south sea pearls. The ones I have loose are white but with a slight creamy tone to them. Gives a custardy effect...
CortezPearls, hopefully your daughters loves the snow. I don't but then I am used to it. I loved snow when I was a child and would play with it outside for hours with my sisters. I still could of course but nowadays I get cold. I also don't like the slippery roads and all the extra clothes one has to pile on that restricts my movement, even though I did buy a new outdoorsy jacket last year...I have to admit that freshly fallen snow or frostcovered trees are pretty though...seen through a window.

Last edited:
OOOOO, two octopi with pearls for the price of one! They're both adorable. Thank you for sharing!!!!

My pleasure BWeaves. Now I am making cotton pads that can be reused. Sadly no new photos. To much snow to go to my photostudio aka the outdoors room at the summercabin. It's so remote that you cannot easily get there when the snow makes the hill to difficult to drive up. Noone plows that road, also it's a narrow dirtroad. So I will show some old photos that I found on my phone yesterday. Apparantly the light was glorious the 28 mars 2021...
The white south sea strand from Cees from yesterday looks great with my circled deep golden south sea strand from Druzydesign as well.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20211127_090314.JPG Views:	0 Size:	230.0 KB ID:	458406
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20211127_090355.JPG Views:	0 Size:	247.2 KB ID:	458407
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20211127_090418.JPG Views:	0 Size:	174.6 KB ID:	458408
Well those were from another date. I have some of my rainbow strand from Pearlescence as well.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20211127_085245.JPG Views:	0 Size:	103.4 KB ID:	458409
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20211127_085257.JPG Views:	0 Size:	209.5 KB ID:	458410
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20211127_085310.JPG Views:	0 Size:	194.4 KB ID:	458411
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20211127_085324.JPG Views:	0 Size:	241.8 KB ID:	458412
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20211127_085337.JPG Views:	0 Size:	288.4 KB ID:	458413
That strand is my most precious strand. Not only for the almost perfect pearls (difficult to find a single mark), the mostly totally round pearls and of course the remarkable colors, some I never even seen before (like the dark blue edisons). Mostly it's so precious because Wendy could take my idea and make it even better than I could imagine. Most of the time I prefer to do things on my own, but this exercise communicating only via messages and photos was really good for me and I now consider Wendy to be a friend.

Back