My Pearls 2.0

Now I remember I did use another one of those big lustrous colorful tahitians in another extender, the aqua tahitian pearl. Beautiful color, some blemishes on one side but such a pretty color. Mostly I use it to add just a bit of lenght to my blue tahitian strand from Pearlescence, the one I am never going to remake.
_20210607_131841.JPG

_20210607_131729.JPG

OMG Charlotta!!!! The Wild Ocean and Secret Forest are both breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would love to see some neckshots with these when the time is right for you ;-)

I agree!!!

Thank you eolian pearls and CortezPearls. As soon as I can go to the summercabin again I try to get some neckshots. It's better light there. I tried to take some yesterday, but so so blurry and the colors all wrong. I do love those kinds of strands, such a contrast to the very colorful warmtoned ones. Accually they combine beautifully as bracelets the warmtoned and the cooltoned. Each enhances the other. I haven't gotten any photos of my two Hearts Delight bracelets yet, but very pretty with tahitian bracelets.

I do have two tahitian bracelet similar to the last two strands as well. This is Oceans Mist and Forest Mist.
_20211106_180751.JPG
_20211106_180657.JPG
_20211106_180624.JPG
_20211106_180855.JPG
I only have one photo of Forest mist, probably deleted the rest due to blurriness. The pearls are mostly from Pearlescence and Cees with a few from Druzydesign
_20211106_190654.JPG
_20211106_190621.JPG

Good combinations Charlotta!
And that lovely and large oval shaped (with just a tiny tip!) black pearl just "spruces up" the "Ocean Mist" bracelet.
Will you join both bracelets to wear them as a double strand bracelet?

That pearl is quite pretty CortezPearls. Normally I don't link the bracelets to make a double one, I just wear two or three on the same arm, usually the left one. Sometimes I do however link two bracelets together, add a shorter extender and pendant/enhancer and then I have a necklace. Like this
_20210911_120951.JPG
It's two Spring Flower bracelets and a pretty golden south sea enhancer from Pearlescence

I like the way it turns out when combined with others :)...love this devilish combo, full of colors and shapes.

Thank you CortezPearls. I love devilish combinations. And not following rules, unsure if the rules of pearl design still exists anymore. If so I mustn't have recieved my copy. Haha. I have come along way from perfectly round akoyas, perfectly matched and whatnot. And I suppose I am happier that way. I remember checking for marks in my loupe.
For today I have big descisions to make....omnious...no just kidding. I have some edisons at hand and some circled deep golden south sea pearls and the leftover vintage akoyas from a 20 inches long wavestrand (the akoyas are a bit shorter, the previous strand 20). They akoyas are somewhat golden, they didn't look good with the combination I tried last (don't remember what that was). Should I make a colorful wavestrand,? A bracelet (I am thinking Fire and Ice from that poem that I don't remember the author for) or both. Or something else. Who knows? I don't. It's good I don't sell my creations. I can almost hear the conversation. "So you want an ombre south sea strand of the same size pearls", "no problems", "well it's longer than expected, it looked a bit boring so I tossed in some other pearls, that section looks like the fires from hell so I named it Lucifer, instead of Sunshine through the clouds"...

I love the way your mind works on names. I kind of do the same thing: even come up with new words (got that from my dear old Opa).
I thinke we do have the "classic rules" for strand design, which is basically: Matching & graduated sizes. But for everything else I believe pearls have finally been UNLEASHED and we can basically come up with ANYTHING (and hopefully make it interesting, exciting and beautiful!).

There was this "poem" by George RR Martin called "A Song of Fire and Ice" I think! That's the one that came up in my head, at least. And I like this contrasting image. Might look great on a pearl strand!

I did find that poem CortezPearls, it's Fire and Ice by Robert Frost. Rather apocalyptic accually. I did end up making an endless 25 inches long Fire and Ice strand. Half of it fire and the other ice. I will show it as soon as I have some photos. The ice side is less white than what one can expect. More blue and silver. That's the shadows. Once my mother did a painting with a cabin on it. Something with it was wrong but we couldn't quite say why...it did look like the cabin was covered in custard...she didn't really look. The shadows in the snow is always blue. A cold blue or grey. After that custard incident, when I was a teenager, I started to think about how things really look like.

Oooh, I'm loving your beautiful spring flower bracelets combined with the golden south sea enhancer!

Thank you SurfnSci. That golden south sea enhancer is a favorite of mine. Wendy helped harvest it. It does have the most amazing green overtone. When I don't add it as a centerpiece with two bracelets I mostly add it to an ombre tahitian keshi strand and wear it with other strand and sometimes on an off round freshwater pearlchain
_20210627_205220.JPG
With my mismatched south sea earrings from Pearlescence and one of my tassels that I made with vintage akoyas.

My new deep pink edison studs from Pearlescence arrived. They will look great with most of my painterly strands, at least the warmtoned ones.
_20211120_171516.JPG
_20211120_171605.JPG
_20211120_171542.JPG
They have the prettiest color.

I also have some photos of my two Hearts Delight bracelets. The pearls are mostly from Druzydesign, Pearlescence, cmw pearls and Kongspearl.
_20211120_162516.JPG
_20211120_161950.JPG
_20211120_162410.JPG
_20211120_162334.JPG
_20211120_162042.JPG
_20211120_162154.JPG
With my new studs
_20211120_160400.JPG

Wow, your new pink edison studs are sooooo lovely! And they do look perfect paired with you fabulous Hearts Delight bracelets :love:

Thank you SurfnSci. Those earrings really are special. I wonder what other colors that I have missed when I avoided freshwater pearls. I don't like pastelles much but these aren't pale at all. In my rainbow strand there are some pretty blue edisons, I have never seen that color elsewhere. These two for example.
_20211122_095401.JPG

Be still...my beating pearl shaped heart!
You know...I have been SOOO busy lately. I come here to refresh my Soul between this thread and the "Show us your Pearls in Action".
I just had to say Thank you for posting these.

And I will keep posting them CortezPearls. Hopefully you get some downtime soon. During my pneumonia I rediscovered crochet. I almost finished my scarf. I am going to add some cool fabric as liner on the inside, I am thinking about adding two secret pockets for I don't know my phone the odd bracelet or whatever. Well see. I am also crocheting a small sort of rainbow octopus, the arms have different colors. I think that I will make it a piratey one with an eyepad and maybe a pearl strand (a tiny one, I have some small lavender pink off round freshwater pearls loose). I am also thinking about making some crochet cotton pads. I don't like the throw away ones, not good for the environment. This I do when it's to dark to sort pearls, it drakens around 3 in the afternoon now...I got my last order of edisons the other day but haven't even gotten to see the colors properly, since it's to dark after work....
I do have some photos of my newish Fire and Ice strand. This one is inspired by the Fire and Ice poem by Robert Frost. I have been thinking about that poem a lot lately whilst pondering this pandemic. However gloomy, I like the endless strand that I made. Cold icy blue, silver and the occational white pearl on one side and all the colors of fire on the other, red hot fire, fading fire, blue flame and so forth. In some of the edisons there are so many colors that they make a fire all by them self. I used pearls from Pearlescence, Druzydesign, Cees, cmw pearls and Kongspearl.
_20211120_170300.JPG
_20211120_170436.JPG
_20211120_170755.JPG
_20211120_170659.JPG
_20211120_170943.JPG
_20211120_171106.JPG
_20211120_171213.JPG
_20211120_171149.JPG
20200105 112039
I don't have any plans for the new pearls, I think that I will just play with them until I now what to do with them.

Back