Loot!

jshepherd

I did something I do not usually do at pearl auctions. I bought a large lot of 'A' grade cirlces (Poe Rava Nui auctions grade lots A-D). While I also purchased a lot of round pearls (nearly 10,000 total), this lot caught my eye. It was actually one of the most heavily bid lots. I shook the bid box before bidding and overbid the floor price by about 20%. We won!

Not really sure what to do with them yet. There are about 1200 of them and they range in size up to about 13 mm.

auction loot Tahitian pearls

The colors are what drew me to this lot. It is just so rare to have the opportunity to buy such a large lot of 'A' grade peacocks separated in this fashion.

auction loot peacock Tahitian circle pearls

I *love* them. They have exactly what I admire in a Tahitian - color and quirkiness. I can't wait to see what you do with them!

Oooh, wow! Love those! Maybe some earring/pendant sets?

Perle

Those are great! I keep seeing things I want.. I need an upgrade policy. Like they have for diamonds.

I would love to see a long rope of mixed sizes..

Love the colors! Almost anything you make with those is going to look great.

feeling faint....need new tahitian drops....gasp....might not make it.... send quickly.... :eek:

I can see some that would be spectacular as earrings.

Wow!* I could do with a few of those too!* And I am certain they are even more gorgeous in person!

Pattyeso many pearls, so little time

Question for Mr Shepherd: would this be sufficient to offer them to public?

Okay, so I'm in the queue as well... maybe a fabulous matching pair as earrings, then a similar one (but larger, of course) for a single pendant?? Okay, and another set of 3 with different overtones??

Please please Jeremy? After all, you did show them to us.... don't tease too much!!

Stunning, Jeremy - it truly is quite the bounty (to carry on the loot theme). Congratulations!

And of course Jeremy, it is kind of mean of you to tempt us with these beauties the SAME DAY as releasing the gorgeous delectable chocolates...

Can we take over the whole lot for twice a higher price and ship it all to Europe while the rate of Euro is still good ? :D:D:D

Just making the fight global :p

Fallen in love with pearls

Fallen in love with pearls

I did something I do not usually do at pearl auctions. I bought a large lot of 'A' grade cirlces (Poe Rava Nui auctions grade lots A-D). While I also purchased a lot of round pearls (nearly 10,000 total), this lot caught my eye. It was actually one of the most heavily bid lots. I shook the bid box before bidding and overbid the floor price by about 20%. We won!

Not really sure what to do with them yet. There are about 1200 of them and they range in size up to about 13 mm.

View attachment 3092

The colors are what drew me to this lot. It is just so rare to have the opportunity to buy such a large lot of 'A' grade peacocks separated in this fashion.

View attachment 3093

As a new member I would like to thank all of you for accepting me into your community. I am a jewelry designer living in one of the most beautiful European countries. Two years ago I decided to start my own business in the jewelry sector. I want to go all the way with PEARLS.So after exploring the internet I saw that the main source of this sophisticated and elegant gem, was China. I enrolled at a university and started to learn Chinese. I am on my second year and doing good. On the 17th of March 2008 I have booked my ticket to Shanghai.
Now I would like to ask Mr Shepherd if he has a good lead there. I have found shecy pearl jewelry as a reliable source. As a start I am interested in Fresh Water "beauties" I have designed almost 100 pieces from necklaces, earings and bracele:ts. I would appriciate your input very much.::)

Back