Did you get your exotics yet?

Hi GemGeek,

I love the vermeil clasp! The earrings Boo made are cool! Boo is a whiz with pearls---her amazing pearl laden sandals are evidence of that.

I wish I had friends making me stuff. It's the other way around I'm afraid.

Slraep

I usually am the one to make and give too, so imagine my surprise and delight when boo made me a pair of those pearl laden sandals.

I am waiting a few more days before wearing them, though it is heating up fast here in AZ. I'll get a photo to properly show off her wonderful work.....Having pearls on your feet is so ...unusual, but what an experience- I feel like a queen.

Caitlin Williams said:
I usually am the one to make and give too, so imagine my surprise and delight when boo made me a pair of those pearl laden sandals.

Actually, Caitlin, you made me a very lovely bracelet last year. My mom was ill(she's suppose to be dead by now, but we put her on an all raw diet and she is as healthy as a horse!!)back then and the bracelet was somehow very soothing every time I wore it. I still wear it!

I am waiting a few more days before wearing them, though it is heating up fast here in AZ. I'll get a photo to properly show off her wonderful work.....Having pearls on your feet is so ...unusual, but what an experience- I feel like a queen.

I swear you need a tiara to go with those sandals.

Slraep

I like the tiara idea. Someone here has got to be able to make one . . . .

Perle

Boo? And could you make a scepter (or at least a pearly wand) while you are at it? ;)

LOL! And yet, the Queen of the Pearl-Guide Forum really deserves no less....

Last summer I purchased an extra strand of Pearl Paradise's baroque akoyas to make into earrings and pendants for friends and family members, and I was able to make some for P-G folks as well. I had initially planned to do something similar with the exotic drops, but I confess that my avarice won out - once I figured out that I could work them into my second necklace, I just couldn't let them go. :eek: The only exception was GemGeek, who had joined me in raving about how perfect the drops would be for earrings, and who was only able to get the one strand of rounds.

While time and money are limiting factors, I actually take a lot of pleasure in making gifts for folks here - I can rest assured that they are going to people who will appreciate them!

Boo,
My turn shouldn't come around again for at least another few years! I guess I should work on that tiara idea myself......:D

LOL! And yet, the Queen of the Pearl-Guide Forum really deserves no less....

Last summer I purchased an extra strand of Pearl Paradise's baroque akoyas to make into earrings and pendants for friends and family members, and I was able to make some for P-G folks as well. I had initially planned to do something similar with the exotic drops, but I confess that my avarice won out - once I figured out that I could work them into my second necklace, I just couldn't let them go. :eek: The only exception was GemGeek, who had joined me in raving about how perfect the drops would be for earrings, and who was only able to get the one strand of rounds.

While time and money are limiting factors, I actually take a lot of pleasure in making gifts for folks here - I can rest assured that they are going to people who will appreciate them!

I had the exotics photo as a screen background for months, drooling over those big drops. So, here I was, unbelievably thrilled, expecting a pair of drop earrings, and what comes? Double drops! She sacrificed two more drops for me. I don't know if I could have been so generous with such beautiful pearls. Woo Hoo! Thanks Boo ;)

Hi All,

After my GIA pearl grading class, I took another look at my Exotics, and here is the most interesting pearl, it is very round, somehow in resizing image makes it look slightly oval, but it isn't. It has an amazing "red" body color, about 6.5mm. Dare I say I wish it were about 12mm!!??

most exotic pearl.jpg

Such fun! thanks again, Jeremy and Crew!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Pattye,

great photo of lovely pearls, especially the RED ONE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,
I just got my exotics today from the second offer for those of us who missed out the first time. I am amazed at the quality and beauty of the pearls!:eek: I actually feel giddy! When I missed the first offer, I was heartbroken. It was both pleasurable and painful to see everyone's exotic posts and pictures. Now, thanks to Jeremy's thoughtfulness, I have some exotics of my own!:D I will post some pictures tonight after I put my daughter to bed.

Back