Did you get your exotics yet?

Dang.

I was so taken by the beauty of the pearls I was momentarily doe-eyed like a kid walking in a candy shop. :eek:

I hurriedly shook myself back to reality and began clicking 'Add to Cart'. Time and time again, I got the 'out of stock' message.

My clicks became frantic as my spending ceiling rose...:D

Reminded me of the time I bought a signed Kennedy book on ebay. Next time, hopefully I'll be faster on the draw. :cool:

Congratulations to those who got some purdies!!

danachit - that is so funny you mention that - I was the same way!!! Way too fascinated by the shine and too slow to act - missed out on those 7-9mm multis for $100 - dang. Next time I should wear sunglasses so I won't be as awed. I could never do what Mia and Jeremy do and go to China and buy these I would be there forever looking at them and never picking anything!!

Whew! Being in class all day I almost missed this special offer! Hopefully I was able to nab a strand of the 6.5-7.5mm oval exotics (http://www.pearlparadise.com/detail.aspx?ID=2067) since people are flying everywhere to snatch a strand for themselves. Can't wait!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Jeremy for the Exotics offer!
All the pearls were so beautiful - I spent so much time admiring the pearls that I almost missed out on purchasing. Luckily I got 2 strands of the 7-8mm to make a long necklace. Can't wait to get it - now I'm regretting not picking overnight shipping!

It's so fun to hear and see what everybody got. Initially, I ordered an 8.5-9.5 oval Fen-094-32 and 6.5-7.5 oval Fen092. Later I realized that there were still a few 7.5-8.5 oval Fen93-12 left and I could make a triple strand with them so asked Mia to put one aside for me. She checked and said there really was one left so I got it. I'd like to put them with a Celtic knot clasp from PP. Probably I should get the really expensive pearls to do that but...I was thinking about using freshadamas. Maybe I'll add freshadamas and do a torsade. (I think I have torsade(s) on the brain lately).
I can't wait to see these pearls!
barbie

Jeremy, on this side of the line is also a total stress:)
Fingers press wrong buttons, credit card appears to be my husband's one, in the meantime what I want to buy disappears in the seconds...

Olga

Hi Olga, clever girl! Using your husband?s credit card:D

It's so fun to hear and see what everybody got. Initially, I ordered an 8.5-9.5 oval Fen-094-32 and 6.5-7.5 oval Fen092. Later I realized that there were still a few 7.5-8.5 oval Fen93-12 left and I could make a triple strand with them so asked Mia to put one aside for me. She checked and said there really was one left so I got it. I'd like to put them with a Celtic knot clasp from PP. Probably I should get the really expensive pearls to do that but...I was thinking about using freshadamas. Maybe I'll add freshadamas and do a torsade. (I think I have torsade(s) on the brain lately).
I can't wait to see these pearls!
barbie

That sounds very exciting. I?d love to see the result, it must be a real "looker" with both Exotics and Freshadamas! I have to look up what the celtic clasp looks like!
Happy work with the knotting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, did that set a speed record or what???

I got three of the 6-7 mm perfect multis to string together as a rope. I can't wait to see them!!!

The colors on the 12-inch strand are absolutely amazing. Congratulations, aerinha!

Perle

Thanks for the congrats. I can't wait to see it. I'm hoping to have it strung with an extender so I can wear it as a necklace. I didn't notice it was 12 inches at first, I just loved the look. Afterward I could be found in the office measuring my neck with a piece of string I found:p

After reading of the 'pearl rush' mode of the sale, I'm less sorry to have missed it... It sounds like one needed quite some luck with it even if logging in in time!

aerinha said:
I didn't notice it was 12 inches at first...

How about using 2-3mm pearls instead of knots between the large ones? That should add enough length for a choker (~14 inches) and highlight the pearls. You have to like the look, of course.

Either way, hope you will post pictures!

If the 16 inch strands knot out to around 18 inches, is it safe to assume knotting adds 2 inches? That would make my 12 inch 14 inches and wearable w/o an extender.

Mia is going to email me with some ideas so I'm waiting to hear what they come up with.

Didn't think of the 44 little knots adding up... and there will be a clasp too.

Fingers crossed!

Exotics

Exotics

Whew, that was fast paced. My clicker finger froze when I saw all of those beautiful choices. I was lucky and did manage to "score" one of the large strands FEN590-379. I tried to get an oval strand coz I love that shape, but the ones I wanted sold before I could get it into my cart.
I hope everyone could get at least something. Thanks to all at PP for such a great offering. I have to go rest now, I feel like I have just finished " The Pearl Olympics"!

I know I got the two strands I picked because I got a confirmation five minutes later ( I wasn't as ambitious as some of you). Things did go very quickly though. By the time I was done shopping so many were gone.
I can't wait to see these! I wonder if some will get shipped out today?

Whew, that was fast paced. My clicker finger froze when I saw all of those beautiful choices. I was lucky and did manage to "score" one of the large strands FEN590-379. I tried to get an oval strand coz I love that shape, but the ones I wanted sold before I could get it into my cart.
I hope everyone could get at least something. Thanks to all at PP for such a great offering. I have to go rest now, I feel like I have just finished " The Pearl Olympics"!

Congratulations on that lovely strand. We do expect to see photos of it a.s.a.p.:)

don't hate me :)

don't hate me :)

But I took a long lunch today to watch Jeremy and Mia and the rest of the crew assemble and pack everyone's exotics. I live in LA so it was just a long lunch field trip. But I'm telling you - you guys are going to be so excited when you see these. They are AMAZING. Jeremy, Mia and I chatted about how crazy the sale was and how fast everything went. It was so great to see them! You guys are going to love love love them. Jeremy is tall for those of you who are wondering. While I was there watching, I decided to get a pair of Freshadama earrings for my girlfriend so they would match the strands I ordered (I had to get SOMETHING while I was there). We compared it to the strand of exotics I was lucky enough to get and they match very nicely.

Jeremy himself helped pick them out for me. Mia liked them too - they are both extremely helpful and friendly - even for such a small purchase like this!!!

I got these:
http://www.pearlparadise.com/detail.aspx?ID=775

I got to take them home with me!!!!! Pics to come later today! There were actually pearls in my strand that were just as shiny as the earrings! And guys the orient in some of these pearls (not all but here and there) is AMAZING. It looks like the pearl is glowing from within - isn't that cool?

Lastly, Jeremy was nice enough to give me the free 2008 calendar that each of us will be getting. It is AMAZING. I will post pics of it later tonight in case anyone wants to see. Jeremy did a great job on it, the pics are amazing and the paper stock he used is quite heavy so it is great quality. You guys I'm sure will all enjoy it.

Everyone enjoy their exotics. Because I live in LA, I'm hoping to get mine by end of week and post pics for everyone to enjoy.

AND

Lucky you! So do the exotics look like they do in the photos? Looking forward to your pics :)

Oooh, pretty, pretty earrings pandaexpress! Can't wait to see your pics!!

Perle

As promised, here is a taste of the amazing pics in the free 2008 calendar that await you when you receive your exotic order. I love mine! Thanks Jeremy for your generosity in giving these to us. I'll post pics of the 8-9mm Freshadama earrings I got to match the exotic strand I got in the sale yesterday - it's my first exotic earring color and I have to say - they are even more amazing than I thought.

Attachments

• Calendar1.jpg
    Calendar1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 39
  • Calendar2.jpg
    Calendar2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Calendar3.jpg
    Calendar3.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Calendar4.jpg
    Calendar4.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 33
And here are the 8-9mm Freshadama lavendar earrings I got to match the exotic strand. Jeremy hand picked these to match well with the strand - Thanks Jeremy! And then Mia approved afterwards ;)

What do you guys think? Can you see me waving to you all in one of the pictures?

In the 2nd photo I wanted to show how the pearl is reflecting the light that is reflecting off the camera - see the right side pearl wild huh?

I have the 8-9mm Freshadama white ones and these have an even more intense luster and orient. The white ones have great luster and orient (seems like the pearl is like glowing from within) but these are super shiny and the reflection is so clear! These are my first 'exotic' colored earrings and I can see why you guys love them so much. They look like shiny metallic balls but with flashes of a peacock overtune / lavendar / pink - really cool!

I can't believe that 3 weeks ago I knew nothing about pearls and since then have already made 6 purchases at pearl paradise - how crazy is that - am I addicted or WHAT?!

Casey R - I think you will be really happy with your exotics. The pics they shot are true to what they will look like when you open your box. They are very shiny and remarkably 'warm' - I think that is what I was unprepared for. And they are completely natural - Jeremy confirmed today that they have not undergone ANY processing so they are truly 'organic' pearls - I like saying that being a native Californian - he he...

Attachments

• LavEarrings1.jpg
    LavEarrings1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 36
  • LavEarrings2.jpg
    LavEarrings2.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 37
  • LavEarrings3.jpg
    LavEarrings3.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 35
  • LavEarrings4.jpg
    LavEarrings4.jpg