Baroque Freshwater

Susan, I'm glad you did post the photos - the pearls look wonderful! I know what you mean about the earrings. I was very stressed about not having some for the baroque FWs. I wear earrings every day, necklaces most days and bracelets on occassion. I did finally pick up on the fact that my kasumis worked nicely, but first made myself a pair with some small lavender/gold nuggets that I have been hoarding for a while. They were okay, but I didn't like the size disparity - they were definitely overwhelmed by the necklace.

Earrings are definitely an important "icing on the cake" so to speak. But they are extraordinarily difficult to match in a free form baroque style. I have seen one company that is starting a line with this - Grace Pearl out of Zhuji. They are matching pairs of the baroques and fireballs, all bead-nuked, but amazing pairs. They can do it because they produce tons of the stuff (literally).

What we have done with some success is choose a couple of pearls from a pre-matched strand that go together well enough to create a pair of dangles. This makes the necklace a bit shorter, but it is much easier to then add a couple of pearls. The match will not be as perfect as one would like, but it goes together well.

jshepherd said:
What we have done with some success is choose a couple of pearls from a pre-matched strand that go together well enough to create a pair of dangles. This makes the necklace a bit shorter, but it is much easier to then add a couple of pearls. The match will not be as perfect as one would like, but it goes together well.

Yes, I've had that done with my pink freshwaters and GSS baroques as well. Perfect!

Great experience today with the untreated FW strand PP code FWN000-236 (http://www.pearlparadise.com/detail.aspx?ID=1371). This was among a number of strands I noticed in the offer showing a discrepancy in the description (no doubt due to the incredible rush at PP in getting the offering out), in this case Multi-color on the general page and 'lavender' on the detail page. On receipt the Appraisal Certificate also says 'lavendar.'

I chose the strand for its subtle rather than obvious color range and crossed fingers, given the attractive price. It is indeed a multi-color, and I just spent lunch oogling my wife as the necklace betrayed a million different personalities in the light upon movement. Talk about a versatile piece?and spectacular!

Steve
Seattle

I remember that strand! Looking at it again now, I'm not surprised at your excitement....the colours are so subtle, pale pastel, and I see some silvery blue...sounds wonderful! Can't wait to receive mine....

Last edited:
Baroque Freshwater

i think it wonderful,i have mine here,pls comment on it.
2007040709141332505.jpg

Hello!
That is a very formal looking, rather Victorian necklace! I wouldn't begin to know how to bead something that difficult! Congratulations on such a lovely necklace. Pretty pearls too! Thanks for showing us.
Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

pattye said:
Hello!
That is a very formal looking, rather Victorian necklace! I wouldn't begin to know how to bead something that difficult! Congratulations on such a lovely necklace. Pretty pearls too! Thanks for showing us.
Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Dear Pattye,
Thanks for your comment.

Pattye: The Victorian bib necklace looks to be double-drilled coin pearls which you can get in 6-8MM then the connecting pearls look approximately half that size. The double row collar is made up of a row of perhaps 5MM pearls and a row of 4MM just below it. It's strung on clear polyester thread and the only knotting is at the bottom coin pearls (those are single drilled). Maybe you can get some similar materials and use this design as inspiration for your own creation.

It looks like one of those fun designs you see so often at pearl markets in Asia. It is remarkable what they can make with pearls. Neckties, jackets, of course animals...

I do not see the coin pearls in this one, though. They look like off round freshwater to me.

It reminds me of some type of victorian collar too. I think itn would look cool sewn into the neckline part of a wedding dress.

PearlStruck.com said:
It looks like one of those fun designs you see so often at pearl markets in Asia. It is remarkable what they can make with pearls. Neckties, jackets, of course animals...

Yes, you see them everywhere. That design in particular as well. They are fun, and inexpensive - you can pick them up for around a dollar or two.
My favorites are the animals. I buy them for rescue group fundraisers.

Maybe it's just the picture, but I see flat tops especially on the pearls near the neck and shoulder line. They are definitely double-drilled which are fun to design with. Ok, Casey, now you've gone and done it! I want to get married again. :eek: If I stand real still, hopefully the feeling will pass.

Back