Baroque Lesson

Anna Reyne

[ATTACPH]77848[/ATTACH]
Purchased 5 strands of what I believed to be a good quality of Baroque 18mm pearls strands to knot myself for my sisters and I. I hope I did a good job picking strands. I am afraid to say how much I paid per strand, the novice that I am. My question is this. Are these acceptable for a good quality? And when picking a clasps for a pearl strand size such as these. What size should you get to be acceptable for single strands?

Attachments

• blob (2).jpg
    blob (2).jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 47
They look very sparkly to me, Anna and such a lovely idea to make them for you and your sisters.
I'm afraid I don't know enough about them to give an opinion of quality, would love to see some neck shots when you have finished.

They look great Anna: thumbs up!
Nice luster, can't see any important surface defects and they have nice rosé and blue overtones. I think you made a good purchase :)

They look like big 'fireball' freshwater pearls, with very good lustre and subtle overtones. They need strong thread to knot because they are heavy and a clasp should be proportionate. If you have the opportunity, try various clasps against the ends. One will select itself because it will simply look 'right'

Fantastic advice Wendy :)

Anne,
Absolutely agree with Wendy! Your pearls look like very fine quality! I don't know how fancy a clasp you will be looking for, but the sterling silver/rhodium plated Orbit clasp comes in a large size and would add a nice length, over 1 inch. I also like large S clasps like these HERE:
I've used this in gold-filled & love it.

And we, Hungry Pearlers (thanks lisa c, for the moniker for us) would like to see neck shots please once you have strung them.

Back