No announcement yet.

What are your favourite clasps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Anna's book too! A proud addition to my jewelry/pearl books collection!
    I got one copy for my Russian friend as well, I was lucky to find it, as they are all sold out!

Comment

Masik, thanks for posting that Rio Grande clasp; I like that one, and missed it ... off to look it up at Rio!
      Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

These are beautiful pieces Masik! Thank you for sharing them with us...specially the SoCs! Nice to see my babies!
        Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
        Follow Me!
        Instagram
        YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
        Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

These are my favorite clasps.
          One of them (the bottom one) is from Claspgarten, it's a German brand more popular amongst beaders than higher end jewelry stores.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	_20210223_105310.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	396407

Comment

These are very nice, love the bottom one for its ability to hold several strands...these are hard to find!
            Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
            Follow Me!
            Instagram
            YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
            Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

Douglas, I tweaked the bottom clasp a little bit to suit my design .

Comment

LOVE that you attached those 3 strands to that sparkly clasp with more lobster claw clasps, Pareltje!
                Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Originally posted by Pareltje View Post
                  Douglas, I tweaked the bottom clasp a little bit to suit my design .
                  That did explain it. I have been looking for clasps like that one (the feature) and I rarely -if ever- found one. This explains it clearly
                  And I love what you did with the lobster claws! It is very convenient! You sure know a lot of handy tricks.
                  Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
                  Follow Me!
                  Instagram
                  YouTube

Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

I have a project in my mind. I'd like to string 3 strands of tiny pearls and finish each of the 3 with the lobster clasps on both ends. I can repurpose one of them by attaching it to my mask as a "holder" so that I always remember to put on my mask when I go shopping, to the physiotherapist, etc (oh the joy of Covid! Mask is obligatory here and adding pearls in an excuse to wear them in a different style).

Comment

O dear Lord! Yes...things have surely changed with COVID and masks...but no reason not to try and make them look more fashionable! Been thinking of adding pearls to mine...but I am constantly losing them!
                      Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
                      Follow Me!
                      Instagram
                      YouTube

Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

I got some cheap card-maker half pearls (fakes) with a sticky base and arranged them over my masks- you could follow me around by the trail as they fell off!
                        Author:Pearls A Practical Guide published by Crowood Jan 2021
                        www.pearlsapractical.guide

Comment

Originally posted by pearlescence View Post
                          I got some cheap card-maker half pearls (fakes) with a sticky base and arranged them over my masks- you could follow me around by the trail as they fell off!
                          I would gladly follow you around picking up your discards...
                          http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                          Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

I love this thread, and all of the beautiful clasps.
                            http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                            Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

I love a good clasp ! And they are so hard to find ! The Orbit is a go to clasp. Initially I found them a bit slippery and hard to open but I might have had a very stiff one. I''m loving that little Rio Clasp. And of course Paraltje - The Daisys.... sigh
                              So many beautiful old bejeweled clasps ... you guys have a sharp eye on eBay and auction sites!!
                              https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                              https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

I wish we could convince some Orbit Clasp maker to branch out a bit ... different texture of gold, ROSE gold, some tiny gem or engraving accents. Sigh, I'm sure that's too much to hope for ...
                                Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Working...
                                X