Trying to wear pearls more often!

They are the third strand from the bottom in this Etsy photo by the seller (WenPearls). I was very happy when they arrived; they really lived up to expectations. And I do love that they are 8-11mm. They’re petite in comparision to other ringed Tahitians I have or have seen. Thank you again for looking!

View attachment 76716

What a timely reminder, Multichrome! Pearls are the most sensual gems! Not only do pearls give us visual pleasure with their glorious colors, but are silky to touch, talisman, touchstone or worry beads. When playing with my ropes I notice the pleasant clicking together of small pearls or klonking sound of heavy pearls, too.

Charlotta and Multichrome, great colors on your ringed T's! I prefer them to perfect rounds any day!

Those are lovely circle pearls - great colour, and a nice size for a bracelet. . I find my circles and baroque pearls much more wearable than my round pearls. There’s something appealingly informal and arty about them.

Thank you, Pattye! They really are, both the Akoyas and the freshwaters. Looking at them and wearing them is a real pick-me-up! Thank you again to all who have commented.

I’ve only been collecting for about a year and a half, and am happy with the pieces I have bought. I got pearl mail today, and I hope I can take photos tomorrow, as it’s supposed to be sunny (at last).

How lustrous and silky looking the PP pearls are, M!!

Pretty bracelets, Multichrome! I do love bracelets and always forget about taking them out. You’ve inspired me to set some out to remind myself to wear them.

Thank you, jeg. I enjoy necklaces and earrings, but I love to be able to see what I’m wearing whenever possible, so I’m partial to long necklaces and bracelets. I hope you enjoy wearing your bracelets more often. Would love to see pics in the “pearls in action” thread if you think of it.

Pretty bracelets, Multichrome! I do love bracelets and always forget about taking them out. You’ve inspired me to set some out to remind myself to wear them.

Last edited:
I love bracelets as well but somehow I always needs those pearls for a project...and then I have to get new bracelets...etc...

It’s sunny today! Here is a sweet little 18” strand of vintage Japanese Akoyas that I found on eBay when I was first becoming interested in pearls. They have a certificate saying that they were purchased in Ginza in 1974. They’re about 6mm and very round. 18” is wearable but definitely a choker for me. I often wrap them twice and wear them on my arm. The more I wear them, the more they seem to glow, though I am careful of them and keep them clean with purified water and a soft cloth.

EB9EA8F3-1DEA-4E22-A2C3-F6F02ED9D723.jpg

929286EC-6DFD-4E50-8A31-D5CEA8E339F1.jpg

E6A0118E-6A8A-4CD6-8F4A-D209B4B92E13.jpg

06EFB54B-00DC-4770-88CE-EB06A77CCEF8.jpg

Here they are next to a similar-sized strand of pink freshies that I’m also photographing today while the sun is shining:

4085F5E4-36C5-4E29-9036-1F8D63CEDE8B.jpg\

Last edited:
Gorgeous strands. I also used to buy vintage akoyas. I have had lots of fun with those strands, only one remains as it ones was. The others are quite reformed.

Thank you both, BWeaves and Charlotta! The white ones are simplicity itself. I’ll post pics of the very shiny freshies tomorrow. As the pearls in each are about the same size, they were a great lesson to me in spotting the difference between the shape of Akoyas vs. near round freshwaters.

It’s been about 18 months since I bought my pearl stringing kit from Pattye on Etsy. I had a feeling I was starting something fun, and it was true!

Last edited:
I’m wearing these today. Never mind that it’s washday and I’m in a t-shirt and shorts. They’re my lavender 6.5-7.0 mm AA+ freshwaters from Pearl Paradise. I bought them in April to cheer myself up, and let me tell you, it worked! I got them smaller than my white ones, since a 35” strand of the 8mm ones is quite a bit heavier (as you know). Also I wanted to knot them, and they are a good size for that. I love them to bits. I would probably faint at the sight of AAAs or freshadama lavenders, as I think these are so beautiful. Thank you for looking and I wish everyone who celebrates it in January a Happy New Year. And a HAPPIER new year!
CEE97FB9-0113-4F59-9260-AD324D11E61F.jpg

94F5E874-E626-4256-A7BF-B8D4DDA970BB.jpg

44D894D6-63D8-4842-B2D7-C019A7496E4F.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Absolutely Lovely! Beautiful colors, great shape and great luster...unbeatable combo!

Those lavender pearls are gorgeous. I agree, lets hope for a happier 2021. I know things can always be worse, but 2020 has been kind of bad.

I’m a bit late to the party, but I now know why keshi are so loved. Last month on a whim I ordered these loose white keshi, and they arrived right at dusk yesterday. This morning in the sunlight I brushed off the drill dust and—oh la la! I strung them on some thread so as not to lose a one. The mirror-like lustre makes them hard to photograph. I wish I’d ordered more now! Look for them to appear in the beader’s thread soon. I can’t wait to wear them. I have enough for a bracelet and a pair of earrings for sure.

Thanks for looking!

1BBD35FE-E21E-4449-97B8-58D0EF0A3856.jpg

85ED1EC5-7091-4949-BBA4-5647C52ACA68.jpg

1A5AE4F1-344B-42A3-8FB8-ED76FE5BA276.jpg

26C50BFB-A8F4-49FC-89E5-C0494E0C4F53.jpg

5F111A33-6864-4343-8AD1-C3DB5FF7267E.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful keshis. I bought some just like yours maybe two years ago. Stunning luster and rainbow overtones. Mine were freshly drilled and did stink something fierce. After some cleansing and airing the smell finally disappeared. You probably had better luck. I bought 80 pearls, most of them are in my morse code tincup. You have to post a photo of your finished bracelet and earrings.

Thank you, Charlotta! Also, a tin cup or some form of station necklace is a marvelous idea. I’m glad these didn’t smell bad; I’d heard of that before so I definitely didn’t want to drill my own!

Last edited:
Back