Trying to wear pearls more often!

multichrome

I’m trying to wear my pearls more often, even though I’m mostly at home. If I start a thread for them, maybe that will encourage me! This week I wore my Tahitian bracelet that I wire-wrapped. I forgot how much I love it. I used Argentium silver wire (935 and alloyed with Germanium) and pearls that I bought from Wen on Etsy (pictured last). I have a nickel allergy, so Argentium is great for me; no nickel worries! And the sterling orbit clasp has given me no problems, so I’m very happy about that. Thank you for looking! ❤️

2BF6B0EA-45AF-4234-8C65-6C566CBA5411.jpg

A9CBB3B8-2D17-4EF4-ACB6-1E062F3E134F.jpg

AA40BECE-EC1E-4B76-BA36-FBA1E96818D6.jpeg

Your bracelet looks great. Looking forward to seeing your other pearls.

That's a nice looking bracelet. I, too, look forward to more. For what it is worth, I've been wearing pearls (and other jewelry) with t-shirts and sweat-style pants. Sometimes my husband and daughter notice!

Very pretty bracelet multichrome! Thanks for posting; you cheered my day :)

Linda ... WE notice :)!

Thanks for your kind responses! As a friend of mine with great style says, “Don’t wait for an occasion; you ARE the occasion!” I think she’s right.

Yesterday I put on a 35” strand of white 7.5mm freshwaters with a t-shirt, but there wasn’t any sun for a photo. I’ll just have to wear them again soon! :D

I love that phrase!!! Absolutely true!!!

I love the bracelet! I'm all about being able to see your pearls, so I love bracelets and ropes. The very first piece I made about 5 years ago was a keshi tin cup 17" necklace. I made it because I loved keshi and could wear something on my neck all the time. It is still one of my most worn pearl necklaces. I can put it on and keep it on for weeks, which is something I wouldn't do with most pearls. I say wear what makes you happy!!!

Keep going, we’re interested, we’re interested!

I should do the same...I have this very old piece I designed way back in 1995 with one of the first commercial Cortez Mabe pearls ever...a baroque shaped one. I should really find it (I have it stored of course!), clean it up a bit and use it again.
Everyone should wear pearls as often as possible...they are Magical!

Thank you all for your kind responses! I’m hoping to post more pearls this month. When the light is good I’ll put some on and take pics. Today I put on my 6.5-7.0mm akoya bracelet from PP that I got earlier this year, partly because I don’t wear it enough, and partly so I could look at it while I crochet away on a cardigan that I want to finish soon. The pearls are beautifully matched and they do have a pinky color IRL. The colors are quite accurate in the natural light of this sunny day. They’re really giving me a boost, and crocheting is a pearl-friendly activity. :D Thank you for looking, and have a good and SAFE rest of your day.

3A18BE06-E08F-4749-B991-4D9B61AD4CE1.jpg

1E802E05-75B2-4C94-82AC-B4791F98C57E.jpg

C1254B02-7BF5-4346-AC46-FBB6AA2DDE49.jpg

Pretty pearls, and I look forward to seeing more :)
I also try to wear pearls most days, even if I’m not going anywhere.

Thank you! I realized I was always worried about wearing them places for fear of damaging or losing them. Now I have no excuse not to wear them unless I’m cooking or cleaning. Daylight permitting, I’ll try to take pics a few times a week! :cool:

Pretty pearls, and I look forward to seeing more :)
I also try to wear pearls most days, even if I’m not going anywhere.

Lovely pearls, Multichrome. I also try to wear pearls at home, because they feel good and make me happy.

I do too! I always have pearls even when boating or at the beach! Beautiful bracelets and looking forward to more pictures!

I took a few photos when it was sunny. It’s cloudy here today, but seeing the pics is perking me up!

These are my small ringed Tahitians. They’re still on elastic because I haven’t strung or wire wrapped them. When I bought them I thought of them as purple, but now they strike me as kind of cherry. I love them, and plan to make earrings to match the eventual bracelet.

CC186A92-C59F-4263-B69E-28DA176FD4F8.jpg

I bought a 35” strand of AA+ freshwaters from Pearl Paradise early this year. They are 8mm or so. They feel very luxe to me! I wrapped them around my wrist for max bling. I love the luster, and I’m fine with their shape. Being solid nacre they are quite heavy. I’m glad I didn’t get a longer strand. When I got another 35” strand of purple freshwaters, I opted for 7mm.

41F1D570-5D38-4AEB-8671-3402680C3AC1.jpg

7A255FCA-2DDE-4EC9-87CF-3B062FA70C66.jpg

Last edited:
Next to this very white Majorica bracelet you can see the color of the small Tahitians better.

6DDC1BBA-5702-4D04-BD28-8B1CD5B781AC.jpg

Love circled pearls...and those are so nice!

Exquisite! I love how you captured all the colors in the photograph.

That long strand of freshwater pearls is so pretty and I love that peacock bracelet. I know just what you mean, sometimes peacock pearls look purple and sometimes pink. Unless it's really sunny, then mine looks rather brown. I made a circled peacock stretch bracelet with a purple carved skull. The skull is mostly to hide the knot insider and it's also pretty cool. I call them my corona bracelets, because I can rinse them of. Very practical.
_20201101_152351.jpg
They make me feel like a pirate...

Thank you all for your kind comments. The light was really good that day, lisac.

I always fancy that ringed Tahitians look like little planets.

Charlotta, that purple stone skull bead really makes for a beautiful and edgy bracelet.

I found the other half of my strand of small Tahitians today, and at that moment the sun came out. I need to make those earrings. Now just to find some pretty headpins in my stash. I believe I have already made some ear wires that will work well with them!

9F0F8904-C099-4DFA-8A4C-1925761988F7.jpg

C01A0219-9BF8-49E1-AC14-21B4A1C2A9C6.jpg

Back