Trying to wear pearls more often!

Oh, those are so pretty!!! There’s always room in the brain for new pearls.

Wow, look at the crazy colors you captured! What delights!

My husband got me a bracelet from PP for Valentine’s Day. I absolutely love it. They are multicolor AAA freshwaters, 7.5-8.0mm. They’re so lustrous and look very Spring-like to me. On the day they arrived there was no sun, but the next day it came out and I took a few photos. The colors are wonderful. Thanks for looking!

6068A2B9-4618-4E0D-991F-7F5BFEE30DDE.jpg

B9E5338E-5DDD-42F3-9763-3622CD2869CD.jpg

What a beautiful bracelet you got for valentine. And I bet it's great with your lavender rope.

Thank you, Charlotta and eolian pearls! You’re right, Charlotta; it goes wonderfully with my lavender rope. I also have a white freshadama bracelet with the same size pearls to stack with it.

Someday I’d like to compare the PP freshadamas in the same multicolor shades with these, but it’s hard to imagine loving the freshadamas more than the AAAs. The quality is so totally there!

Great gift! Who else got pearls for Valentine's???

I had been looking all over for this bracelet, and finally found it today. I must redo it, as it’s somehow too large for me, and I didn’t do an elegant job with the gimp. But I do love the oval/ovoid peach metallic freshwaters, and I strung them on Serafil thread from Pattye in the Peach shade. Can’t wait to wear them after the restringing, because they’re perfect for Spring. I wish you all a pleasant and SAFE weekend!

Attachments

• 3D2B09C5-8508-49A9-89BF-05965DD9AE18.jpeg
    3D2B09C5-8508-49A9-89BF-05965DD9AE18.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 67
  • 62D4884B-F822-4714-ADCF-5E102C4A7DC1.jpeg
    62D4884B-F822-4714-ADCF-5E102C4A7DC1.jpeg
    237.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DBCF13A1-8CED-4E13-AF20-0CAA6CD184D8.jpeg
    DBCF13A1-8CED-4E13-AF20-0CAA6CD184D8.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 50
Beautiful bracelet. The colors are stunning. Maybe that's what I should do with my peachy freshwater pearls, bracelets. I will try that soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thank you, theseventhsphinx and Charlotta! I need to take a sunlight photo of these, because they are so lustrous. I believe I’ll do the restringing as my creative project for today. sphinx, I love toggle clasps—that one is gold filled, from MagnoliaSupply on Etsy. She also has beautiful sterling silver ones. Best prices I have ever found for gold-filled and sterling findings, and wonderful quality.

I restrung my peachy metallic freshwaters. I used Peach Serafil thread from Pattye again. I do love it so. Here I am modeling it with my fitness tracker, which is, yes, a kids’ model. (I wanted a simple tracker, and couldn’t resist the blue color of this one.) Thanks for looking, and I hope you all have a nice and SAFE day/evening. :07:

Attachments

• photo69858.jpg
    photo69858.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 44
  • photo69859.jpg
    photo69859.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 39
Your restrung bracelet is beautiful. And goes well with your tracked, I like that color. I have a simple fitbits tracker, but in black. I don't really want a big one. Very practical really. I can time cooking and such, check the weather, use it as an alarm etc and of course check health stats and such.

Charlotta, I wanted a simple one, too. It has some features that I love. I usually wear a watch, but this band is so comfortable that I forget I’m wearing it. I can see time, date, get reminders (if I choose), and track my sleep. The app is cute! I can watch episodes of a new Disney “Frozen” adventure if I get my activity in, haha! I’m not devoted to Disney, but I’m ok with incentives!

The bracelet is gorgeous! Just awesome that you put it together, ive got to learn the beadworking techniques next

Exactly multicrome, mine track my sleep as well. Apparantly I don't sleep enough when I work, because I get up so early and don't really go to bed all that early.

Thank you, Charlotta, Faith, and DonnaH for your comments! Faith, I got Pattye’s pearl stringing kit from Etsy in summer 2019, and I learned how to string pearls with the information in the Lowly Beaders thread. (Also I looked up a couple of diagrams—I think I used one from Beadaholique, too.) Everyone here has been so helpful, and encouraged my very early and quite goofy efforts. I find knotting to be a very calming and centering activity. Pattye’s kit is PERFECTION.

I’m now re-doing some of my early projects. Sometimes my goal has been to get new pearls on my arm ASAP, so I’ve not always done a careful job. I’m fine with restringing, because it has to happen regularly anyway. Here is my next project to be redone. These are the first Tahitians I purchased. I didn’t arrange the pearls in any particular way when I knotted them. The colors are hard to pick up in a photo; they are very silvery with the occasional flashes of purple and blue. I think I’ll choose a different thread this time—maybe wine or dark purple.

Thank you all again for reading. :07:

Attachments

• photo69890.jpg
    photo69890.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 42
  • photo69892.jpg
    photo69892.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 37
  • photo69891.jpg
    photo69891.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 38
Back