My pearls

Thank you CortezPearls. You will see more edisons...as soon as they arrive. I might have found a solution for carved beads as well since I can't get those skulls anymore. I really like carved beads in bracelets where they act as lock for the knot and adds some color. The skulls at least don't work all that well in for example a necklace, they flip around to much and always ends up upside down. So I have been looking really hard for something else and found this cute jadeit pig.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210828_201418.JPG Views:	0 Size:	126.0 KB ID:	456388
Currently on leather. As you can see the size is good for a pearl bracelet as well
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210828_201328.JPG Views:	0 Size:	198.0 KB ID:	456389
I tried with some plain jade beads I had on hand. But they were kind of boring and also so very green. Maybe they are dyed, I don't know. Bought them vintage years ago. But this jadeit pig is really cute. I only have one so I might have to order more

Hey Everyone!
Just want to let you all know that we are in the process of migrating the forum to anew server. This should have happened over the weekend, but due to a problem with the DNS Name server handler we have been stuck in a place in between worlds...we might lose some entries :(
Just a heads up!
We are doing this to improve the speed and loading times of the site.

Super busy this week. We had the smallest cat spayed and she is unhappily walking around with what appears to be an upturned see through lampshade, a collar? Couldn't find the proper word. Also a lot of hours at work. But today I could finally test the jadeit pig in a bracelet. I used some of my latest tahitians from Druzydesign together with the small tahitians that I have had for a while. Too cute that pig.
_20210904_192156.JPG
_20210904_191500.JPG
With the other tahitian bracelet I made recently, also with pearls from Druzydesign, but more roundish.
_20210904_191540.JPG
_20210904_192101.JPG
A very blurry armshot...
_20210904_191052.JPG
A carved pixiu jadeit pair. The pig is more aqua colored, these are more pale green. Don't know how to use them. The drillholes are to small for leather cord. Maybe I could use them in a strand or something. I do have that strand with green akoyas and green drop tahitians. I have to see how they look together. I also have that green tahitian and green gemstone tincup. That might also work. I don't like the look of jade next to silver or gold. It's strange I know and not logical at all...I did try to add some jumprings...didn't look good...
_20210904_191356.JPG
The color is prettier in real life.

Interested is seeing how the pig-heads and bracelets will end up looking.
The colors will certainly match up...but I truly can't see them in my head until you get to do it.

Thank you SurfnSci and CortezPearls. The colors looks great together in the morning light but like you CortezPearls I cannot decide if it going to look great or just messy before I knot them together. I tried using all those carved skulls in a rope of pale golden south sea pearls once, at intervalls. It did look really fun on the beading board. Knotted however it looked like some kids necklace made out of plastic beads or something. Hopefully I have time to try it later today. I have realised that I prefer the gemstones carved if I am to mix them with pearls. I do have some round nefrite beads, some cloudy tourmalines and some other gemstones, those never work. Don't know why that is really,

Well the carved jadeit pixiu beads looks beautiful with those pearls, however the flip around and makes the strand looks distorted when worn. Maybe I remake it into a double wrap bracelet. For some reason bracelets are more forgiving.

So I have a night strand and a sunset strand, well and a lots of strands really. I wonder what a day strand would look like then. What colors to choose. Probably some green for trees and maybe a tad blue for the sky. I don't want it to be like a box of crayons though. Not that I mind crayon colors, but I sort of have that with my Happy bracelets.
Any ideas?

Like the idea of a day strand but hard for me to visualise. The days here are usually sunny and bright with bold colours of blue. But I could visualise a 'dawn to day' strand with the colours of sunrise and softness of early morning.

Thank you Happy Huku. I have been thinking about a sunrise strand as well. Dark at the back and then lighter in front. Maybe golden in front for the sun. I haven't gotten any further with the day strand either.
I did tire of those jadeit pixiu, they will not play nicely even in a bracelet...I do not know how they were intended to be used. Cute but wobbly. So keeping in a painterly impressionistic spirit, like the Sunset and night rope, I made two spring flower bracelets instead. I show you next weekend hopefully. With leftover pearls. Not-husband cannot "read" them...I told him, daffodils, tulips, crocuses, scillas, pale green leaves and of course the ever present ever greens...he is lacking in imagination. Like an impressionistic painting I said, without the paint....and so forth...
I am planning a spring green strand or rope as well, with my green akoyas and green drop tahitian strand as a base.
I know it's almost autumn but when I get an idea....Probably because I planted a lot of bulbs recently.

My Spring Flower bracelets. Golden south sea pearls for daffodils, peach and pink freshwaters for tulips, purple freshwaters for crocuses and blue akoyas and one tahitian for scillas. Then some green akoyas for pale green spring foliage and deep green for the evergreens (because they are always there). Most of the pearls are from Pearlescence, a few from Druzydesign, Kongspearl, Wen Pearls and my leftover pile.
_20210911_121708.JPG
_20210911_122109.JPG
_20210911_121521.JPG
_20210911_122030.JPG
_20210911_121900.JPG
_20210911_121949.JPG
They transform into a necklace with an added extender and an enhancer. Both the pearls in the extender and the deep golden south sea enhancer are from Pearlescence. The components
_20210911_121255.JPG
_20210911_120742.JPG
_20210911_120951.JPG

Some armshots
_20210911_122635.JPG
_20210911_122520.JPG
_20210911_122557.JPG
And when I transformed them to a necklace I used my keshistrand I had on first as a triple bracelet.
_20210911_122801.JPG
_20210911_121149.JPG
_20210911_122728.JPG

OMG Charlotta!!!! The spring flower bracelets!!!! Stunning!!! I absolutely LOVE them! The colors, the shapes, how amazingly each pearls sets off the other... You are an artist! I cant stop staring at them, so so beautiful!!!!!:love::love::love:

My Spring Flower bracelets have there own Spring Green strand as well. I used Apple green circled tahitians, drop tahitians, green akoyas and two green south sea pearls in this one. Well it's a 17,5 inches long strand with a 4,5 inches long extender, so that it can be used as a double bracelet alone and as a comfortable strand with the extender or linked with the Spring Flower bracelets to make a rope. The pearls in the Spring Green strand is mostly from Pearlescence and cmw pearls.
_20210912_124949.JPG
_20210912_130300.JPG
_20210911_175750.JPG
_20210912_125012.JPG
With the Sunset strand and the Night strand
_20210911_175728.JPG
_20210911_175707.JPG

And with the Spring Flower bracelets
_20210912_125924.JPG
_20210912_125305.JPG
_20210912_125111.JPG
Mostly I use them all with those lavender blue turquoise? freshwater studs I saved.
_20210912_125144.JPG
And I see that I did manage to capture some cat hairs as well...

Oh my goodness, Charlotta, your Spring Green strand is sooo stunning!!! I can't believe the gorgeous apple green Tahitian colors and those green akoyas! Wow.

Oh Lord! I am soooo enjoying these photos. Simply gorgeous! :08:

Thank you CortezPearls. There will be more photos, however it will take time. I have lots of ideas pilfered away, but the postage is so slow. Also some pearls are difficult to find, or should I say the colors are hard to find.
I was going to add jadeit lotus flower beads to the Spring Green strand, but the package didn't arrive before I lost my patience...and now I kind of like it as it is.

Back