My pearls

I mean...beside the face-mask ;)

She has gorgeous pearls. Hopefully one day we can live without face masks and shields. At work we also wears plastic wests, the neon yellow ones to remind people of keeping distance. It's like being wrapped in plastic foil....

I also put my tahitian rainbow bracelet and my green tahitian bracelet, both from cmw pearls, on stretch cord. I tried that when I first got them and the stretch cord broke, maybe the drillholes were a bit sharp. It worked now however. I added a carved red jasper skull on the rainbow bracelets and a carved nephrite jade skull on the green one. First I put a carved red jasper skull on the green one, red being a complimentary color to green but that didn't work as I will show you below.
_20210607_132512.JPG
_20210607_132636.JPG
_20210607_132611.JPG
That bracelet is so pretty.
_20210607_131705.JPG
The jasper skull clashes with the green. Much prettier with the nephrite skull.
_20210607_130749.JPG
_20210607_131142.JPG
supergreen, with equally supergreen tahitian studs from Pearlescence. For me those studs have the perfect green color.
_20210607_160953.JPG
I also made a stretch bracelet out of a peacock bracelet that I made with pearls from my leftover pile. Are they peacock blue or purple or green. Anyway matched them with a blue azurite skull.
_20210607_130540.JPG
_20210607_130349.JPG
Pretty dark anyway. I also made a new extender or is it a cat bracelet, a pawlet?
_20210607_131819.JPG
_20210607_131841.JPG
I made it out of some leftover Pearlescence pearls, white south seas and one tahitian. I need to make another on with some golden pearls and clasp. I can use this one of course, but I find that using the same color in the clasp hides it somewhat. I have 4 extenders at the moment, very useful when I want to add just a bit of lenght. Especially in the summer I hate having things close to my neck, might be a side effect of all those asthma and allergy medicines as well. Makes the throat swollen an dry (inside), highly uncomfortable. Doctor aren't sure what to do. Recommended a cortisone cure.

Stretch cords are a pain. They naturally degrade with time and go brittle. I had several bracelets and necklaces on stretch cords but I am redoing all of them.

I love the nephrite skull. The colour and size are just perfect with the pearls. The azurite one is a bit too small in my opinion. It is sufficiently larger than the pearls to look a bit out of place, not large enough to look like a center stone or focus.

Thank you Lady_Disdain. The stretch cord is because of corona. Otherwise the poor bracelet wouldn't get any use. A stretch bracelet can be rinsed of. Hopefully one day I can remake them again without thinking of cleaning or sterilize everything, it's such a bother. And bracelets are so close to the hands. I don't worry to much about my strands as I keep them undet my clothes at work and gently wipe them when I get home. I agree about the size of the azurite skull, I mainly use them for hiding the knots, I haven't got any drill to enlarge the drillholes with...yet. So I take what I can find. And now I cannot even buy anymore of them since the seller turned out to be not all together honest.

*sigh* I am still stuck at home so the corona implication flew right over my head. Basically, nothing is getting worn because I don't feel like taking the trouble to put on pearls to go grocery shopping. The stretch cords seem like a good solution for that.

How snug is your stretch cord in the pearls? Could you fit two cords without needing to ream?

Lady_Disdain, sadly I cannot fit two cords through the pearls. I have only found 0,8 or 0,6mm cord here. Two cords would be better. I tried but couldn't get them through. But wearing pearls at work perk me up whilst running around in a face shield and plastic warning west. I check the cord often though.

Charlotta, Love the new pieces. They are all beautiful. Thank you for sharing them.

Douglas, So sorry to hear you broke your arm. Please heal quickly.

Ditto here Ash

Sorry to hear about your arm, Douglas. Hope you're not in pain and that your injuries are healing quickly.

Here are a couple of photos of embellished casts for your consideration. The pink cast has pearls but may be a bit girly for you. The brown one is very cool and would be greatly enhanced if there were pearls in place of the white dots. :01:
A004804C-5CB3-4AAC-AC8B-D36FB20C2B3E.jpeg
AAE26911-4011-4641-B8C4-E5513D868385.jpeg

Good morning! Interesting casts! The first one gives me a "cyber-punk" vibe ;)
My hand seems less swollen today, there is also less pain :)
I will survive. I never broke an arm or leg (ribs, yes...my "football year") before in my life, so it is interesting to have all these difficulties.
Wish you all a great weekend! :D

Charlotta, always fun to stop in here; your photos absolutely glow with color and I enjoy all the details and insight into your design strategies, besides I love your ringed pearls!

Douglas, so sorry to hear about your broken arm; please heal quickly and take care of yourself~

Thank you pattye. I really do love circled pearls as well, there is often so many more colors in them.
CortezPearls, I am glad to here that your arm is slightly better. I haven't ever broken anything big, only small bones in my right foot 4 (different times). One poor toe has broken twice, it's a bit crocked since I straightened it myself...not recommended.
TriciaS, those casts are cool.

I have made some more extenders. I always try to make them shorter, but with the clasp I use and using 7 pearls (for proper start and finish) the shortest one is my new one that I made with vintage golden akoyas, it's just under 2,5 inches. I have made an extenders with 5 or 6 pearls, but prefer 7 for safety. Usually I just want to add a little bit of lenght to my strands.
_20210612_121114.JPG
_20210612_121045.JPG
I also made a silvery blue akoya extender with some leftover Pearlescence pearls.
_20210612_121210.JPG
_20210612_121140.JPG
Golden south sea ripples from Pearlescence
_20210612_121238.JPG
_20210612_121308.JPG
​​​​​​Circled tahitians from my leftover pile
_20210612_133931.JPG
_20210612_133835.JPG
_20210612_134003.JPG
_20210612_134028.JPG
And my not cat bracelet...with pearls from Pearlescence
_20210607_131841.JPG
_20210607_131819.JPG

The whole extender family. I was planning to make a longer golden south sea extender but got to wrapped up in the tiny akoya ones that I forgot all about it.
_20210612_120952.JPG
Making an extender would be great practice for somone learning how to string, what with both starting and finishing and one ordinary knot. Any pearls would do if the clasp is the same or combatible even though I try to make them pretty.

eolian pearls. I tried to get some photos of my new crecent moon south sea keshi studs from Pearlescence worn for you. They are indeed blurry. These are the two best ones....
_20210612_121518.JPG
_20210612_121447.JPG
what those earrings really do look like...
_20210612_122424.JPG

Thank you for the earshots Charlotta! I love those earrings! Very special and fun to play with!

Of course I also love all your recent creations! Special shout-out to the rainbow bracelet!!!! Mine is finally on the way to me:arms::arms::arms: Well in one month-time... I finally cracked and asked me friend to just send me all my pearly packages as she will come to Europe only in the fall...So as of last Friday all is in the post!!!!

Douglas wishing you a speedy recovery! I must say I love your outlook at life and how positive you always are! Such a wonderful way to live...

Back