My pearls

Thank you AngelinaS. I was very pleased with myself when I came up with the morsecode idea. Except for the wirewrapping part. Very hard on the eyes. One could do anything really. Birthday presents, making a treasure hunt for child, with the morsecode tincup as code. So many possiblities.

Some more photos of my new blue and purple strand. The akoyas are from Pearlescence, the purple beadnucleated freshwater pearl are from that Lilpearl strand I bought last year that was to purple for me to wear on it's own. They have all kept their purple color though.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210509_134141.JPG Views:	0 Size:	190.2 KB ID:	453269
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210509_134141.JPG Views:	0 Size:	190.2 KB ID:	453269
And it's blue akoya friends. Well some of them anyway. Rainbow and blue strand and then my aqua strand. Some aqua tahitians are from Druzydesign. Also my green akoyas and tahitians strand. Those green akoyas are also from Pearlescence and the big green tahitian drops are from cmw pearls.
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210510_095111_913.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.6 KB ID:	453270
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210510_094957_420.jpg Views:	0 Size:	184.3 KB ID:	453271
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210509_133540.JPG Views:	0 Size:	204.3 KB ID:	453272
Then I had a weak moment and almost made a ombre blue to peacock blueish strand out of these two bracelets. But I didn't. I really do love that blue tahitian bracelet from cmw pearls.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210509_133507.JPG Views:	0 Size:	137.8 KB ID:	453274
It would be pretty though, with blue and maybe a bit darker purple tahitians. Some other time.
​​​​Lastly a photo of my lucky strand. I only recently realised that it's lucky. Good things happens when I wear it. And I'm not supersticious.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210509_133507.JPG Views:	0 Size:	137.8 KB ID:	453274
Recently I had this waverope on when I did the checkup on my almost 20 years old car. In sweden they are to be checked up every 14 months and sometimes the person who does the checkup can be picky. My darling car do have it's flaws. But that day the checkup person totally fell in love with my car. The four wheel drive, the I don't know what it's called, when you change the gear to pull up boats and stuff. And the motor. My car is basically an off road car. Some parts glued and rather scratched. The plate attatched with screws. But it runs great... So you see quite lucky that strand. Yesterday I had it on again, just because it's pretty. On monday they made my age group release for getting the vaccin. Well the whole system for booking crashed of course. You are to identify with electronic id. Yesterday I found a reference to a hospital on one of those sites, called it and got my vaccin the same day. You see quite lucky indeed. Yay. I have been waiting like forever since I have pretty bad asthma and meet a lot of people at work every day. Funnily enough Not-husband will get his on thursday, even though he is older than me and booked two weeks ago. I told him that he had to wear my lucky strand. He of course said that I was bonkers. I think that it's those vintage akoyas in the strand that makes them lucky. I bought them very preloved. Someone clearly loved those and wore them all the time. Whilst putting on perfume and/or hairspray. Some pearls were very damaged. The other ones great and with great luster. I think that whomever loved that double akoya strand passed that love on. The green blue tahitians from cmw pearls are gorgeous as well, but maybe not old enough not loved for that many years to be classified as lucky pearls quite yet. I did tell Not-husband to wear them anyway. He is going to a drive in vaccination placed. Wearing a t-shirt. He doesn't want to wear a rope of pearls...some people clearly hasn't got any sense...
And the only side effect of the vaccine as of now is very sore arm muscle. I get that with all vaccines.

Last edited:
That is a great story Charlotta. Maybe Not-husband needs his own man pearl :)

Thank you Marianne. I have tried. He doesn't want any pearls. Since he haven't cut his hair since february 2020 I have to put it up with an elastic band or he mostly looks like a troll. I suggested a single pearl earring to enhance his piratey look but noo. And I have said that I can cut his hair, I cut mine, but since I cannot gurantee a good result (who can), he woun't let me try. We are both feeling all right after the vaccine, some muscle soreness and tired that's all. All my gardening has given me more pain accually. There is this spot on my back that probably inflamed due to heavy digging. It will pass soon enough. My herb garden is coming along nicely and I did find some old blackened pots in the garden to plant spice mint in or else it spreads everywhere.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210516_105609.JPG Views:	0 Size:	408.4 KB ID:	453416
We still have to make a path and spread some grass seads. We also found a ginormous pot that we plated some leftover autumn keys in.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210516_105009.JPG Views:	0 Size:	799.3 KB ID:	453417
It is a very interesting garden with looks of big boulder everywhere. This is the stairs to some small cabins where the childen sleeps usually, prepandemic.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210516_104941.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	453418
I I hope to have some new pearls to share soon but both my order from Pearlescence and Druzydesign went back, some custom issue or other. They are both on their merry way again. Soon to be detailed by the swedish customs. Very picky that customs.

I did get a new pearly idea today. You all know how much I love my vintage akoya and south sea/tahitian strands. I do have another one with big golden south sea pearls at intervall. Well I am thinking about making a shorter, maybe 20 inches long and add some circled golden pearls instead.
_20210516_130837.JPG
Like the blue green one but not as long.
_20210516_130734.JPG
I also have this paler circled south sea bracelet. It could be pretty as well. I am thinking a bit longer than my 18inches long wavestrand and maybe some circled pearls on the side but not as many as the longer one.
_20210516_130630.JPG

Oh God Charlotta...I simply LOVE those mixed strands...the Akoya + Tahitians is simply outstanding, the large circlé SSP bracelet is really nice with its strong orient and great luster...the Akoya + Golden SSPs is beautiful...what a great way to start my Sunday :)

Thank you CortezPearls. I really love them as well.
No time like the present...or something. I did make an 20 inches long golden akoya and circled golden south sea wavestrand. And I really like it. The circled south sea pearls are from Druzydesign and the vintage akoyas were part of a triple strand that I got from an online antique shop, I made a tassel out of them as well. The photos are a bit dark, it started to rain heavily and didn't wanted to stop.
_20210516_200758.JPG
_20210516_200712.JPG
_20210516_200432.JPG
With my deep golden circled south sea strand from Druzydesign. I am going to wear them together tomorrow.
_20210516_200149.JPG
And I have enough of those akoyas left to make another wavestrand. I am thinking about combining them with these green tahitians from cmw pearls. There is a lot of warmish colors in that bracelet. In this photo I only added two of the cut apart strands of akoyas. I have four.
_20210516_200825.JPG

I love the photos of your garden! Good luck with your hairy troll :)

Last edited:
Thank you Marianne. Hehe, the hairy troll is doing just fine. The hair is long enough so that he finally can put it up with an elastic band by himself.

Here's the other wavestrand. First I made it to long and shortened it to 19 inches. Golden vintage graduated akoyas and warmtoned green tahitians from @cmw_pearls
_20210522_124905.JPG
_20210522_125634.JPG
It looks best with these wonderful green tahitian studs from Pearlescence.
_20210522_121440.JPG
I am still debating with myself if I should make it like the golden on that I made last week.
_20210522_124955.JPG
With three pearls further up. Those golden south sea pearls are from Druzydesign. My shorter wavestrands. They all have vintage akoyas in different shades. Thise small deep golden south sea pearls are from Cees.
_20210522_125237.JPG
With my lucky waverope with blue green tahitians from cmw pearls.
_20210522_125517.JPG
But otherwise it looks best with golden south sea pearls, or warmish pearls at least.
_20210522_140414.JPG
I was considering using green akoyas for my new strand, but didn't, party because I haven't got any loose ones and partly because they are more mint green.
_20210522_124646.JPG

Lovely strands! I'm mesmerized...and indeed: those creamier/golden Akoyas do make a striking contrast with the "mintier" green Tahitians. Beautiful!

Thank you CortezPearls. I love making those wavestrands with vintage akoyas. I'm all out of vintage akoyas now. It's difficult finding those very graduated strands today. It's also difficult to find them at the prices I payed. I haven't looked for vintage akoyas for years. Two of my previous suppliers, antique stores online, have retired since. And ebay is a snarly mess. Cannot complain though, I have lots of of wavestrands. Yesterday I got some pretty photos of my ombre ombre strand and of Dark Blob, both mainly made with bigger roundish tahitians from Pearlescence and smaller roundish tahitians from Druzydesign. Dark Blob, with pearls leftover from making the ombre ombre strand has some other roundish tahitians thrown in as well. These strands do have some marks but the color and the luster is just stunning.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210522_135827.JPG Views:	0 Size:	205.7 KB ID:	453596
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210522_135801.JPG Views:	0 Size:	196.6 KB ID:	453597

Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210522_135735.JPG Views:	0 Size:	208.9 KB ID:	453601
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210522_135735.JPG Views:	0 Size:	208.9 KB ID:	453601
They do have their own Blob ish earrings that I made. I use them with my Pearlescence huggies.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210522_135827.JPG Views:	0 Size:	205.7 KB ID:	453596

Two of my photos of ombre ombre strand didn't show. It's also declared spam. Help @CortezPearls.
_20210516_131718.JPG
_20210516_131654.JPG

OMG those wavestrands are out of this world Charlotta!!!! Such a great combination of colors and the luster on all of these....Wow!!! I know I am the one who always asks for neckshots but really!!!! We need to see these beauties in action!!!! Of course no pressure at all :))) You did an amazing job of creating these, beautiful beautiful, beautiful!!!!

Thank you eolian pearls. I am quite pleased with them myself. I will try to take some neckshots some day. Today it's dreary and rainy and quite dark.

Two of my photos of ombre ombre strand didn't show. It's also declared spam. Help @CortezPearls.

I saw that...it's making me crazy sometimes...or all of the time ;)
Sometimes the system does not approve some posts (mine included BTW!) and other times it allows spammers to post directly! Another one of Life's Unsolved Tech Mysteries I guess! :1zhelp::Eyecrazy::dunno:

But, here I am again and the post should have been approved :)

Thank you CortezPearls. I probably should read the post thoroughly before posting so that I don't have to edit it more than once. To many edits and it's declared spam.

Exactly Charlotta...and I do that a lot too! Mea culpa!
Or you have to wait a couple of hours in between edits too.

Today my Druzydesign order finally arrived after their lenghty travel back and forth. Ironicly, our packages are the only things that travels the world nowadays. So a strand lenght, but loose, of circled south sea pearls for me to play with. First I had thought about making it a mixed strand, but half of them are white. I also had some leftover white south sea pearls and two golden south sea pearls to add to the pile. I had some happy me time arranging those pearls with a the help of my cat Kycklingen (the chicken) who really wanted to play with those pearls and generally flop about on the table. In the end I made an ombre strand, real surprise there, but I made it white at the front of the strand and deeper golden at the back, transitioning it through cream and greenish golden. It's sort of graduated but with some size difference thrown in. Because I can....I cannot show you all the strand just yet, but I think that it's really pretty. I have also got an update on my Pearlescence order that also went back, the customs have finally cleared it after making a prolonged examination for 6 days...it might arrive with in a forthnight....I have almost forgotten what I ordered, just kidding. I have three earrings coming and two enhancers. One deep golden south sea enhancer that Wendy harvested in indonesia I think and one really pale blue south sea fireball enhancer. That would be my first fireball pearl. Then there are a pair of blue moon (crecent) south sea studs, white south sea keshi studs and a sideways drilled pair of tahitian studs. I think that I made this order in late match...the swedish postal service strikes again...

Oh yes! Postal Service Blues are here to stay! :banghead:
Hope your pearls arrive soon!

Back