My pearls

That photo of kitty with the goldens is just precious! Your strand came together so nicely and I am happy to see a photo of you wearing it. I don’t have the right lighting for good photos of the pearls on either, but I like to see people wearing their pearls because you can see the overall composition of the strand and how it really looks when worn.

Thank you jeg. That strand came together nicely without any problems. I know what you mean about the selfie. I have to practice more. There is no focus circle when I turn the camera on the phone around. Don't know why, it focus on me and not the pearls. And that cat is a darling, she wants all the attention but only when I do something else. Otherwise she wants to be left alone.

It's just so hard to choose which pieces are more beautiful all the time. :1zhelp:

I'm still wearing my new circled deep golden south sea strand from Druzydesign. It has such a comfortable lenght, 19,5 inches, not to long and not to short. So it's perfect for everyday wear. Some photos with some of my other golden south sea pearls. Deep golden south sea strand from Cees
_20210411_120703.JPG
My ombre south sea strand from Pearlescence
_20210411_120425.JPG
My mixed south sea strand mostly from Pearlescence
_20210411_120525.JPG

My remade deep golden south sea bracelet and my deep golden south sea studs from Oceanscove
_20210411_115258.JPG

Charlotta I am thinking about your copper green tahitians and jeg's sage bronze tahitian strand in a personal fantasy vision and it is SO GOOD.

Such incredible eye candy here!

Thank you theseventhsphinx, those earrings are truly unique. I have never seen a color like that on tahitians before. Funny thing is I was looking for a pair of south sea pearls, Cees sent me some photos of all the golden pairs he had and I spotted these. I do have a few copper tahitians as well. Mostly from mixed strands that I bought over the years. Not enough for a strand or bracelet, but great when I want to make an ombre strand.

This week I have been playing with my ice blue from Pearlescence. I had previously combined them with some silvery peacock tahitians to bring out the pink in the akoyas. Well it did and I don't like pink much, there are exceptions. Having recieved those 5 mostly aqua tahitians with my latest order from Druzydesign I thought that I should try to make an aqua strand. There are some aqua colors at least even though I can still see those peacocks weasling itself into the strand. The studs from Pearlescence, even though green and pink accually looks aqua when worn. Probably why I wear them so much.
_20210418_111451.JPG
_20210418_111245.JPG
_20210418_111313.JPG
_20210418_111708.JPG

​​​​​​​

I LOVE this ice blue akoyas and circled Ts combination Charlotta!!! There is something magical about it, the chameleon colors must be even more amazing in real life! Can I ask for a neckshot of this beauty?:D

Thank you eolian pearls and BWeaves. I will try to take a neckshot next weekend, the colors really are amazing.

Really great combo! It's a match made in Nature :)

The colors in that necklace are very complementary, Charlotta! So far I’ve resisted blue akoyas, but I don’t know how long I’ll hold out! Your arrangements are always inspiring to me!

Also, I wonder if I can sneak some pearls on my kitty while he is asleep . . . haha!

Thank you multicrome. I really like blue akoyas if they are combined with something else, like tahitians. They are a bit pastelly on me on their own. I accually prefer if the akoyas are more silvery than blue. Silvery blue akoyas and not to warmtoned tahitians are magical.
I have tried putting pearls on my cats. They always wakes up and nibbles at the pearls.

No neckshots today. I have been busy with gardening these past weekends. We remade two flower beds at the summercabin. The soil was bad and filled with roots and whatnot. So...removed all plants, most have found a new home in other parts of the garden, soil and roots removed (and that was hard), the hideous cement slabs that framed the flower beds removed and exchanged for natural big stones found in the garden. Soil and fertilizer (the natural kind) added and the beds replanted. My back hates me now and Not-husband isn't all that pain free either. I did play with some pearls this week though. After making my aqua and ice strand with aqua tahitians (Druzydesign and my leftover pile) and ice blue akoyas from Pearlescence I had a lot of pearls loose. I did arrange most of the tahitians from one of my rainbow bracelets in order to wirewrap them, but didn't because it always strains my eyes. Instead I knotted them with silvery blue akoyas from Pearlescence. It's very colorful.
_20210424_191429.JPG
_20210424_191608.JPG
_20210424_191639.JPG
_20210424_191709.JPG

Lovely necklace Charlotta

I never before thought of mixing pearls this way, except for harvest strands (and of course, these are from one farm and one species) but these "pearl mix combos" are absolutely addictive!

Thank you CortezPearls. Combining those bluish akoyas with tahitians creates strands that in my opinion enhances both pearls kinds. Akoyas are a bit pastelly, or pale, for me. But they do bring out the colors in the tahitians. The first rope I reluctantly made after having put some drop tahitian next to some silvery blue akoyas was an eye opener. I love that rope now.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210320_154715.JPG Views:	0 Size:	200.9 KB ID:	452461

Then lots of other ones. All the akoyas are from Pearlescence. These big green tahitian drops are from cmw pearls. The other two are mostly made with leftover tahitians.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210320_154715.JPG Views:	0 Size:	200.9 KB ID:	452461
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210425_141029.JPG Views:	0 Size:	154.1 KB ID:	452465
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210425_141029.JPG Views:	0 Size:	154.1 KB ID:	452465

Looking at those beautiful Vietnamese Akoya I am taken back to the 1990's when we began growing "Cortez Pearls" and they looked quite a bit like these. I even remember that I spoke with C. Denis George in 1994 and he saw the shell of our Rainbow Lip (Pteria sterna) and he said it was Pinctada vulgaris or "Akoya". Even being different animals they share some interesting similitudes.
I really enjoy watching these combos...they are just Magical! :D

Back