My pearls

If she’s like her mother, she’ll have any number of creative ways to play with this! :rolleyes: in fact, I’d be prepared to mail her the rest of the pearls with a “Pattye” kit. Or Wendy kit. Or Bernadette kit, or Cees.

Our crowd gets around!

Last edited:
You did a really good job with your photos! When I use my fingers to expand the pictures, they are still very crisp and the colors and details are perfect!

Thank you lisa c. All I do is cutting those photos. Of course I delete a lot. Usually I take three photos of something, move it some thake three more...etc last sunday I deleted 419 photos. I delete them or else Google photos gets crowded, and also my phone. It's very meditative arranging photos in folders. And easier to find, for me that is.

Forgot to tell you lisa c, I have tried to teach her to string but she didn't want to. I sent the rest of the pearls along with the necklace anyway. Probably one day she will give it ago

Last sunday evening, after dark of course I suddenly had an brilliant idea. I immediately got my scissors out. It being dark and all didn't exactly help. You all know how I wanted a green tahitian strand with mixed sizes. Well I had recently remade my big multicolored tahitian strand from Pearlescence into an ombre rope. But I cannot show you any photos because they have the wrong size or to much kb. And someting don't remember what is was is disabled. Help CortezPearls!

Last sunday evening, after dark of course I suddenly had an brilliant idea. I immediately got my scissors out. It being dark and all didn't exactly help. You all know how I wanted a green tahitian strand with mixed sizes. Well I had recently remade my big multicolored tahitian strand from Pearlescence into an ombre rope. But I cannot show you any photos because they have the wrong size or to much kb. And someting don't remember what is was is disabled. Help CortezPearls!

Been working on this Charlotta...the programmer finally seems to have "nailed the issue", please try again :)

Well this is the photo that I tried to upload yesterday. The ombre tahitian and south sea rope that I made with pearls mainly from Pearlescence.
image_69117.jpg

I wasn't totally pleased. It's pretty but still. So I shortened it and removed the golden south sea pearls. The photo is a bit dark.
image_69118.jpg

Last edited:
Then I had an idea, late at sunday after dark. An ombre ombre strand. So scissors came into action. Treads did fly everywhere, no not really. I removed most of the peacocks...and some other including all of the south sea pearls. I made an ombre from silver to blue to green to light peacock green. Then I alternated the big pearls with 7-8mm tahitians in the same color, those from Druzydesign. An ombre ombre strand. I love it. It's about 24,5 inches.
image_69119.jpg
image_69120.jpg
image_69123.jpg

I made some wirewrapped huggies with some peacocks...
image_69121.jpg
image_69122.jpg

The photos aren't all that great. I post better ones soon. But at least you get the idea. The colors are more like on the first photo in the previous post

Last edited:
Wow Charlotta! Your ombre ombre :) is gorgeous!!! And the earrings are so pretty as well!!! If there is a possibility of a neckhot I would really be interested to see what this one looks like...

Thank you eolian pearls. Maybe I can get a neckshot if the weather is bad this weekend. If it's sunny then the photos are all bad. I have been using it for two days and I really do love it. It's very blue and green at front and fading towards the back. Luckily I had all those tiny tahitians from Druzydesign. At first I had thought to scatter them randomly but when I did the layout they looked better alternated. I did arrange them sunday evening with crappy light but waited until monday night to string them. I just had to rearrange a few pearls. I prefer to sort pearls in daylight by my kitchen window. Sometimes I even put them with beading board and all on the window sill so that I can think about the placement whilst eating dinner. I have to watch out for the cats though. I remember a quote from Persian Pickle by Sandra Dallas were Quennie Bean says she rather quilt than eat. Well I rather sort pearls than eat. At least if the colors are pretty.

Here are two new photos, it's to sunny to show the pearls properly. This was sort of what I had on mind when I wanted a green tahitian strand. I didn't think that it would be ombre but I really like how this one turned out. Funny though that I asked Wendy to find green pearls like this and then I had already bought them from her, the big one that is.
image_69124.jpg

I like the earrings as well, even though they are peacock, maybe a medium green peacock. Beautiful pearls though.
image_69125.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful ombre necklace...and love the huggies too...those small Tahitians are something special too.

Thank you CortezPearls. Somehow I love small tahitians much more than say the same size of akoyas.. Maybe it's all the colors

I have started my yearly restringing, well I go through them all and check to see which ones that needs restringing. My ombre golden strands from Pearlescence have big pearls and are pretty heavy. Whilst restringing these I added an inch to the one that are deep golden at front and fading towards the back and removed some from the one that goes from deep golden to white. They are now both 20 inches long. If I want to I can connect them and make a 40 inches long rope.
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_69137.jpg Views:	6 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	450773 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_69138.jpg Views:	6 Size:	51.6 KB ID:	450774 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_69139.jpg Views:	6 Size:	47.2 KB ID:	450775 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_69140.jpg Views:	6 Size:	43.2 KB ID:	450776
I had intended to use the leftover pearls and those in the golden and green rope, the huge ones to make a mixed south sea rope. But I ended up making a 20 inches long strand of mixed south sea pearls instead. I only used my favorite pearls.
​​​​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	image_69141.jpg Views:	6 Size:	54.0 KB ID:	450777 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_69142.jpg Views:	6 Size:	58.1 KB ID:	450778
The biggest of those goldens I used in another project.

Last edited:
This is what I made out of those ginormous south sea pearls from Pearlescence . I added them to my vintage golden akoya waverope. I changed the waves.some. It's light, pretty and layers well.
_20210314_140326.JPG
i have a similar rope that I made out of silvery blue akoyas from Pearlescence and some randomly placed south seas and tahitians.
_20210102_141010.JPG

I did manage to get some photos of my new ombre ombre strand, but the light wasn't cooperating one bit. Overcast one second, sunlight the next. For every photo I saved I deleted at least ten.
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210320_132134_993.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.3 KB ID:	450864 The big tahitians are from Pearlescence from that big multicolored tahitian strand. The smaller ones are from Druzydesign.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210320_131241.JPG Views:	0 Size:	33.3 KB ID:	450868 I made a pair of earrings with some leftover pearls...the most peacocky ones...
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210320_131241.JPG Views:	0 Size:	33.3 KB ID:	450868 Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210320_131241.JPG Views:	0 Size:	33.3 KB ID:	450868 Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210320_131241.JPG Views:	0 Size:	33.3 KB ID:	450868 I tried to get a neckshot for eolian pearls. That flickig light didn't do anything for the poor pearls.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210320_130137.JPG Views:	0 Size:	87.7 KB ID:	450869The smaller strand is what's left of those 7-8mm tahitians from Druzydesign. It's a bit short so I added an extender. Some day when I can get hold onto some lighter 7-8mm tahitians I will add those. I sort of took all of my favorite ones for the ombre ombre strand. Smaller strand with extender.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210320_130249.JPG Views:	0 Size:	57.1 KB ID:	450870 Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210320_130209.JPG Views:	0 Size:	46.1 KB ID:	450871 I also made a silver tahitian stretch bracelets with a carved red jasper scarab. The pearls are from Cees. They got leftover when I shortened the mixed sizes tahitian rope
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210320_130354.JPG Views:	0 Size:	50.3 KB ID:	450872 Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210320_130315.JPG Views:	0 Size:	41.1 KB ID:	450873 See what I mean about the changing light

Last edited:
Back