My pearls

Thank you Bweaves. Yes they sparkle, the peridots sparkle the most. Hard to capture on photo though.

I have so much to share with you but the photos don't turn out as I want them to. I am currently restringing those strands that needs restringing. Like my two ombre circled south sea strands from Pearlescence. I have noticed that I mostly wear the shorter one and not the rope as much. So I rearranged some pearls, removed some and now I have two 20 inches strands, one with an ombre from white to deep golden. The other with deep golden at the middle and fading to white on both sides. Since the pearls are quite big, about 11-14mm, 20 inches sits like a 19 inches strand on the neck. Not to long and not to short. I made sure that my favorite pearls were in them. I can connect them and make a 40 inches long rope if I want to.
Then I took apart the rope with the ginormous south sea pearls and the greenish golden ones (Pearlescence and Kongspearl), with the intention of making a less green rope and a more mixed color one. I added all currently loose pearls, but in the end I made another 20 inches long strand. It's a mixed strand of white and golden south sea pearls, the sizes of the pearls mixed as well, about 11-15mm pearls. It goes great with the other two ombre south sea strands. I didn't use the biggest pearls for this one.
Then I used those ginormous golden south sea pearls to make a waverope. I had a waverope with just vintage golden akoyas that I just didn't use, I made the waves longer and added the big pearls. It will be useful for layering, like the one I made with silvery blue akoyas, big white south sea pearls and some big tahitians.
I also made a strand out of those ice blue akoyas I bought recently from Pearlescence and that silver peacock tahitian bracelet. There were some pink in all those pearls.
Then I just kept those bracelets with clasps that were my favorites and made stretch bracelets out of the rest of them. So I have something to watch during the day.
I did remake that 56 inches long mixed tahitian rope (Cees and Druzydesign). Nothing wrong with it, but whilst I was watching old photos I realised that I did prefer the rope a bit shorter and with little less small pearls. So I rearranged the pearls, kept my favorites and added a small aubergine 7,9mm tahitian pearl from Druzydesign to compliment some purply big pearls. I tried to arrange the pearls so that the smaller pearls had similar colors as the big ones so that there is a gentle flow of colors. I also added an orbitclasp that I got from Pearlescence with some other pearls because that rope is heavy. I like it more now. I tried to capture those pastelly colors on photo but no...not all of the colors are light, but they aren't exactly bright either.
I shortened the strand with the small 7-8mm tahitians from Druzydesign as well. It looks better at 19,5 inches ane I can still attatch those carved octopus pendants.
I did restring my rikitea strand from Cees as well, I added two small pearls near the clasp to make it a smidge longer. That one is perfect as it is.
Wow, this is a long post with not a single photo. Photos will come, hopefully tomorrow. Those deep golden circled south sea pearls that I ordered from Druzydesign are still in transit. Those are the only pearls that I have coming at the moment. I am very happy with the pearls that I have now, but I am sure that I will soon have an idea of something that I want to create soon. Who knows maybe some blue pearls, haha.

I do have a photo of my bodyguard.
_20210313_092359.jpg
She really is guarding me. I am hers. A couple of weeks ago the neighbours garage was on fire, noone was hurt, just the one wall. Me and not-husband slept through it all, including two firetrucks very close to our garden for two hours. Darling cat tried to wake me twice. I thought she wanted treats and didn't get up. I will not make the same mistake again. She was all upset. She didn't try to wake not-husband, he belongs to the other cat who was fast asleep on his feet.
I then realised that she is indeed keeping watch over me, last night she posted at sentry in front of the bedroom in her favorite card board box. She is usually somewhere close when I am at home. Once not-husband tickled me and she came charging to save me. I think that I ought to bring her with me to work, not allowed, wearing her own protective plastic shield on her little face. We wears masks or shield or both at work.

I’ve been thinking more about the young woman in the portrait, and your daughter.
63E66DA4-F963-4636-8C2E-DA34D218F730.jpeg
Probably you all realized this already, but I thought the subject had wound leaves through her powdered hair (or wig), and I was thinking “Gross, the leaf fluids will get all over the pearls, and the leaves will wilt and get brown edges”, but it’s a green scarf, or silk leaves, right? Which again makes me think the necklace is woven into her hair. But maybe your daughter just wanted the double necklace, not necessarily have it sitting right at her jawline. So did I miss an update?

Last edited:
Thank you lisa c. You haven't missed any update. I think that she wanted it high up. Difficult to say since her phone broke (again) and is currently on repair. She did leave me a message saying that the necklace arrived and is beautiful. Hopefully I can talk to her soon. She is busy that one, both with university studies and two jobs. I have been thinking about that photo a lot myself, it must be dreadfully uncomfortable with a necklace that high.

Thanks for the update and laugh, Charlotta!
I know, no matter how I consider it, powdered wig or powdered hair, how was the necklace balanced or attached so it didn’t pull at her scalp, or choke her?

And wow, you’ve been busy! Very creative inner eye, with your new arrangements.
Hurray for your kitty, too! Did she forgive you?

Thank you lisa c. Yes darling cat did forgive me, after all I am the provider of dreamies. I finally got some new photos of some of my remakes. I just have to figurer out how to attatch them with this new update. My remade mixed sizes tahitian rope. The pearls are mostly from Cees and a few from Druzydesign.
image_69050.jpg
image_69057.jpg
image_69056.jpg
image_69055.jpg
image_69054.jpg
image_69053.jpg
image_69052.jpg
image_69051.jpg
image_69049.jpg
image_69048.jpg
image_69058.jpg

Last edited:
I like it better now and the colors are beautiful. I don't know how to write something between the photos. I wonder if I have to post an entry for every time that I want to write something between them?

I try again. I made another akoya and tahitian mixed strand combining those ice blue akoyas from Pearlescence with some silver peacock circled tahitians.

Love these Charlotta...love the "hammered" (mottling) on some of those chunky light colored baroques...makes them extra colorful!

Dear Pearl Forum Members:
I think you've noticed! :D
Your Favorite Pearl Forum has been UPGRADED!
We now have better security, more features (you can add YouTube and other videos directly on your post!) and overall a fresh new look...you can now enjoy the forum on your PC, tablet or phone :D since it will look PERFECT on all devices.
When you edit text and you add bold-type, italics or underline you will see text changing on the fly (no longer will you see those odd-brackets next to your text), adding photos will also be easier.

We hope these improvements will make your experience much more pleasant and enjoyable :D

It took weeks to make the transition as clean as possible, but there might be slight issues here and there...so, I ask you to PLEASE let me know if you find or detect any issues with the forum. I will be correcting some transitional errors (misbehaving text) from the site for the coming weeks but will be happy to take care of any issues you find and report back to me :)

Again, welcome to your revamped and upgraded Pearl-Guide.com experience.

It takes forever to open now, but I appreciate the extra security and features. It will just take me a bit longer to get used to how to do things the new way!

I'm also experiencing a slow-down when opening but it seems to be due to the "graphical interfase" we now have that allows the forum to display properly on cellphones and tablets...but it does make quite a difference! I would NEVER check the forum on my phone and now I can :)
Anyway, please let me know if you have any issues...this week I will try to resolve them all.
Have a great start of the week!

D8308B7D-01CC-425D-AE86-4921FD79BA64.jpeg
Ok! I sort of View attachment B1920553 E643 4A6B B0D4 0E4A0062C7E4 approximated the Spanish girl, but by myself, so it’s only an approximation.
1) French braid to base of skull, rubber band, pony tail left.
2) 18” Tahitian, ball clasp
3) clasp necklace around neck
4) knot long narrow scarf over the clasp
5) haul the necklace and scarf above the elastic band, wrap the scarf around the hairband, knot a bow.

I think The Spanish girl had a maid, and a longer necklace because the portrait shows shadows of dark glowing beads winding up her braid. Or a shorter necklace, with extenders and ribbons, but I don’t think so.
It’s not totally comfortable, but the braid supports a lot of the weight.
Ta-da! That was fun.

I can see how that might work, especially if she had a maid. Perhaps she could use some sort of a hair adornment with a loop under it or take two elastic bands attache them to each other like an eight, and use one for the hair. Then a scarf or something around the elastic.

Back