My pearls

Seems we have many more kitten stories to share here :)
At home we have adopted 3 cats. It all started with my Autistic daughter taking in the first one (our black cat, Queen Mimbee) then our whitesocks "Mr Muffin" and lastly our tabby "Nata". Having a cat was a major boon for our daughter, and she became so involved that she started feeding all the strays in the neighborhood (I pay the food & vet bills, of course) and then catching them, taking them to sterilization, due recovery (in what I call "my office", of course) and then releasing them in our front porch where now we have 7 cats.
Cats have given my daughter an opportunity we had never seen before. I am so happy for all the strays in our lives :)
It is like pearls for me. Clearly, I need a pearl necklace for "Queen Mimbee".

That’s wonderful CortezPearls, not-husband once rescued a cat with a stick in it's paw (along time ago before we moved together). It's sat outside the door one day wanting someone to remove the stick. Then it moved in. You don't see cats that are abandoned as much anymore in sweden. Sure there are shelters but there just aren't thst many strays anymore. When I was little there were cats everywhere. Today I think that they are mostly inside eating treats and getting spoilt. My daughter did get a cat from a shelter though.
Whenever I try to put pearls on my cats they do have to do the tooth test...

Whenever I try to put pearls on my cats they do have to do the tooth test...
Here's my daughter's cat demonstrating the tooth test testing pearls.jpg

Charlotta I dont know how I missed your modelling the golden necklaces!!!!You look amazing, they are absolutely stunning, and totally perfect on you! Love love love them!

Wendy, too perfect!!!!!

We used to have lots of wild cats in the neighborhood, but fed and social, you just couldn’t catch them. Then I guess there was an uptick in money when the Brach candy heiress died, and trap, neuter, release took off. I miss seeing cats everywhere, but going by guess and by science, TNR is supposed to be a good thing. I just miss them.

Oh my goodness, that kitty cat doing the tooth test, is adorable ! :)

I agree! Adorable...and terrifying! ;)

Remembered "La Peregrina"'s encounter with Elizabeth Taylor's pooch! :eek:

That cat is adorable Wendy. And thorough. Important quality control.
Thank you eolian pearls, those two strands are really pretty.

Kitties and pearls! Oh my! Love the combo! Thank you for the smiles!

This is still my FB profile pic after months and months, as I cannot find anything I love more. The kitty is not mine, but looks so pretty with the pearl. I shall have to take a photo of my tabby boy with pearls if he will not eat them. ;)

CD38A808-672B-4F4D-9A0C-5AACD7AF84CB.jpeg

I love it! I remember visiting the page where this photo came from...it has this Tabby becoming Napoleon and many other historical figures.

I haven't been able to post any photos recently since I was really sick for two weeks. The last couple of days before I got back to work (you have to be well for a couple of days), I was very bored and spent the time rewatching Lucifer and cutting apart strands. I have been wanting to make a green tahitian strand forever, with at least one white or really light green tahitian in it. Mixed sizes and shapes. It's my next project with Wendy accually. Whilst I rearranged strands I saved some green and blue green pearls. I now have a little pile of 8 pearls. It will likely take a while...I have saved away one big white drop with a faint green overtone, a small blue green Collins pearl (from that strand from Pearlescence last year), a wierdly shaped blue green pearl, 3 roundish darker green, a blue green drop (we will see if I accually includes this one) and a big circled pearl that is green at the bortom and purple on top. I forgot to photograph them yesterday when I had good light. Here is a bad one.
_20201220_100623.jpg
I cannot wait to make this one. I can almost see it in my head. Pity I cannot draw all that well. When Wendy can travel again she will find me the rest of the pearls. I post some of my new remakes in a bit.

Where to start. I don't remember what pearls I started cutting apart. I do remember that I wanted to have a long white south sea rope, with mixed sizes in it. With only white south sea pearls, no small freshwater pearls. Nothing wrong with that, I just wanted a, not heavier per se but it is, strand with more precense. It might not be the right word. It's 40 inches long and the pearls are between 8-14mm. Maybe you don't remember but I did buy a rope of smaller platinum white south sea pearls some years ago from Pearlescence. I have used those pearls in a lot of strands, well mostly but not all are in this strand now. I added some of the best white south sea pearls from two circled rather big strands I bought years ago. I say the best of them. There were some pretty bad pearls in them. But the luster is great. I really like this rope and might accually keep it for a while. I am in a rope mode. Fear not the rainbow strand remains as it is, it's already perfect.
_20201219_154827.jpg
_20201219_154758.jpg
_20201219_154718.jpg
There are some faint green and blue overtones/stripes on some of the big pearls. I can attatch my tassels to the clasp if I want to.
_20201219_154540.jpg
_20201219_154514.jpg
_20201219_154428.jpg
The rope looks great with most earrings. With my white south sea studs.
_20201219_144642.jpg
With my new silver aqua tahitian studs from cmw pearls
_20201219_144615.jpg

I love all that you do with your pearls, Charlotta. You are so creative.

(But I am also very happy the rainbow strand is unchanged!)

Oh, Charlotta, that South Sea strand with the overtones is breathtaking. And I especially love the silver aqua Tahitian earrings next to it.

I have tassel findings; in the new year I would like to try to make one and see how it turns out. Love yours. Thank you again for sharing.

Charlotta, I’m sorry to hear you were so sick! I can tell you are feeling better because you are back to your deconstructing, rearranging, creating inspirations. :D

Oh Charlotta :( So sorry to hear you were not feeling well >* but I hope you will fully recover your health and that you can enjoy the holidays and your pearls :D
Beautiful pearls and jewelry BTW!

Thank you Wendy, multichrome, Jeg and CortezPearls. I am much better, but was really sick for about 10 days. I recovered quickly however, probably because I sit up during the day and don't lie down (don't want pneumonia ever again) and drink lots of water.
I am very pleased with the south sea rope. It looks great with so many other pearls. Today I made suchi and a new rope. Not at the same time. Not-husband has been longing for suchi, noone delivers were we live and we are not suppose to go anywhere that isn't absolutly neccessary. I made maki, california rolls, 2 kinds of nigiri and homemade gari. It was great. Whilst I waited for the rice to cool properly I made a 40 inches long rope that is perfect with the white south sea rope. I made it out of those silvery blue akoyas from Pearlescence, 2 silver tahitians and a 5 white south sea pearls. This one is much lighter and is perfect for layering. The blue looks great with the white pearls. I don't have a photo of it just yet. I will try to take some next weekend.
I am sure that your tassel will be gorgeous multichrome. My first tassel took about 4 hours to make (had to figure out how to), the following 3 about an hour each.

Last edited:
Charlotta you have the most amazing ropes!
Love your new creation, and I am totally in awe of your sushi making abilities as well! That’s a truly special multitasking talent you have! It happens that I have been eating loads of sushi this week as we have a great new delivery service in my winter home town and I can prepare sushi rice and sashimi but dont really have much patience for anything else sushi related. I guess it is like with wire-wrapping, I leave this part to the professionals:)

Get well soon, I am very much looking forward to your new pictures, the silverly new rope sounds dreamy...

Back