My pearls

The site froze two different times when I was replying to this thread. Maybe it's a si-i-ign! Haha!

Charlotta, I love this newest version of the wave strand. It's just so pretty! And of course the ombre. I am compelled to say how much I love it each time I see it. :rolleyes:

Interestingly, a dear friend of mine purchased the sister strand to your ombre! She lives on a different continent so I've only seen a couple photos of it, but it didn't show up well. She also purchased the gorgeous drop earrings that Cees showed on his IG feed recently. I can hardly wait to see everything in real life—although that may be next summer. Gotta be patient!

Thank you Cricketbug. It must be a sign, it froze for me some days ago as well. I am quite infatuated with the wavestrand as well. It's just so soothing rundning my fingers along the waves. It's also long enough to look at during the day.
How fun that your friend bought the sisterstrand to my ombre rope and the earrings as well. Those were gorgeous. You will be dazzeled when you see the ombre strand in real life.

Thank you Katbran, I do like stringing pearls and reworking pearls. Sometimes when they don't turn out just the way I like them to, I do restring them as soon as possible, like when I didn't like the graduation of the smaller wavestrand and had to cut them both apart.

My blue baroque south sea studs from Pearlescence arrived. They go perfectly with my new blue baroque south sea pendant that I also bought from Pearlescence. They are 14,4mm but hollow and really light. They are so cute, like blue clouds. It was a bit dark for photos when I got home from work, but I took some pictures anyway and will try to take some better once tomorrow. They also look really nice with my blue tahitian strand from Pearlescence, that I used today and yesterday. Jeanspearls! Well they go with everything, just like jeans (mother probably disagrees, about the jeans part that is, blue pearls she really like). The new studs have the most delicious blue color with pink overtone. I bet they go great with blue akoyas as well since they often have some pink in them.
_20190917_183556.jpg
_20190917_183626.jpg
With my blue south sea pendant.
_20190917_183721.jpg
_20190917_183813.jpg
There I was in the kitchen hoppning around with my phone trying to get a decent photo, with help from little kitten of course. Little kitten took a break from destroying house plants...she tears of leaves and pretend that they are fearsome mice that she needs to destroy...

Last edited:
I love your new studs. I agree, I first thought of clouds when I saw them, too. And perfect with denim!

The pearls and pendant are just divine! That's a perfect blue colour, to my eye. Congratulations on the gorgeous pearls, Charlotta.

I love the wrinkly skins and gorgeous blue color of your new studs. They look perfect with your blue SS pendant.

Thank you Cricketbug and Gemandpearllover. The studs and pendant are little bluer in real life, I take some more photos today.

I got some better photos of my blue studs from Pearlescence this morning. I love the texture on these. Such interesting pearls. The pendant is just as interesting. I have been eyeing those studs for a year, Lucky for me noone else bought them. They remind me a little of keshis.
_20190918_095733.jpg
With my blue south sea pendant from Pearlescence and a tiny wirewrapped silverchain with tiny vintage akoyas and 3mm aquamarines that I made last year. I haven't used the chain much because non of my pendants looked good with it but this pendant does.
_20190918_095700.jpg
_20190918_095814.jpg
With my blue tahitian strand from Pearlescence. Somehow in this picture the tahitians look green, they really aren't.
_20190918_095753.jpg
With my akoya and green tahitian strand, the akoyas is a mixed strand I bought from Pearlescence, with lots of pastel colors in it but it mostly reads green. The studs don't look good with this strand.
_20190918_095932.jpg
With my silvery blue akoya, greyish circled tahitians and pale golden south seas and 2 silvery south seas rope.
_20190918_095854.jpg
I do have to make a file on the size of my pearls since I don't ever remember them...

Your blue South sea pearls are stunning!
I'm also axpecting a pendant with a blue South Sea pearl (and also a pair of Tahitian studs) from Pearlescence, and now that I've seen yours I can't wait to have it here!

Thank you Alyend, please show your pendant and studs when they arrived.

Today I altered some earrings. Some months ago I wanted to change the wire on my tahitian keshiearrings, they had goldwire and I didn't think that the goldwire looked good with the silvery pearls. So I rewired them with silver wire. However I did manager to break one of the neon apatites. Today I rewired the keshis with a pair of topaz studs with a loop under it. I didn't like the earrings the topaz belonged to so I cut them apart.
_20190918_160633.jpg
This is what they looked like before.
_20190918_161003.jpg
Then I used the end of the earrings with amethysts and wirewrapped them to some silvery white freshwater keshis.
_20190918_160718.jpg

What fun! At least, I’m having fun with everybody else’s work! This is all wonderful stuff. You’re very creative.

Last edited:
Thank you lisa c. Now I have 2 new earrings instead of 3 I didn't use.

Charlotta, I recently made a pair of earring with blue topazes and silver-blue akoyas very similar to yours! The only difference is that I used earwires instead of studs!

Back