My pearls

Charlotta - I love how elegant your pearls look on your lovely neck. I am smitten by your greenish SS pearls.

Thank you SydK and Gemandpearllover. The greenish pearls are a favorite of mine to. I used the last of them in the vintage akoya strand. So 2 strands made a 20 inch strand, a tincup, a pair of earrings and ak addition to the vintage strand. I think I made 2 charms as well.
SydK, well see how long I have the blue tincups. My mother loves blue, if she sees them I might have to give them to her. But I haven't seen her for some weeks. I had a cold and not-husband had fever twice and my father is having chemo, so we can't see them when either of us is having an infection. But the blues turned out really nice.

Last edited:
Charlotta, your wiring skills are superb! I wish I could sit down with you & have you teach me!

Charlotta, your wiring skills are superb! I wish I could sit down with you & have you teach me!
Me, too/two! Are there any videos or recommended sites to learn wire wrapping? I haven't looked here on P-G yet, but will toddle off and do so, pronto.

Thank you 86Corvettegirl, JerseyPearl and Cricketbug.
86Corvettegirl and Cricketbug, I learnt wirewrapping using books. Then I discovered that Wendy at Pearlescence has videos demonstrating how to wirewrap. Very helpful to look at, then you see how to hold your hands and how to use the tools. I would love to teach you, but sweden is a far away...

Thank you 86Corvettegirl, JerseyPearl and Cricketbug.
86Corvettegirl and Cricketbug, I learnt wirewrapping using books. Then I discovered that Wendy at Pearlescence has videos demonstrating how to wirewrap. Very helpful to look at, then you see how to hold your hands and how to use the tools. I would love to teach you, but sweden is a far away...
I'll go have a look at Wendy's video, then. Her video on stringing pearls was very helpful to me when I first started. Now, as to having you teach me how to wire wrap, it would be amazing to visit you (and Sweden) for personal tutorials! :rolleyes: But yes, it is a long way from here.

I had some semi-prescious briolettes on a necklace I didn't like. There were more briolettes but garish in color. I've had them for a year or so. So I got my wirewrapping books and learnt how to wirewrap briolettes. I had an idea about adding one or two on the shorter blue akoya tincup. But it didn't look good when I laid them besides the akoyas. Then I thought about arranging the stones into a rainbow and add one of the leftover blue akoyas fom Pearlescence between each stone. I really like how it turned out. Had to use very fine wire, 0,4mm, because the drillholes on the briolettes are tiny.
_20190316_200419.jpg
With the blue akoya tincup.
_20190316_200331.jpg
_20190316_200647.jpg

Oh, a rainbow of pearls and gems ... very nice Charlotta! I've been holding onto a small array of little pastel sapphire briolettes for some time now, thinking of a similar design :)

CathyKeshi, I think that it will be perfect. You have to show us your design when you are done.

Might be a long while, Charlotta ... while my mind can wirewrap, my hands disagree, sigh ...

CathyKeshi, for me it's more that my hands and my head agrees and my eyes disagree. I have strained my eyes on numerous occasions.

I still had some blue akoya pearls left from the strands I bought from Wendy at Pearlescence. And I didn't have any matching earrings for my tincups. So I wirewrapped some pearls to make dangly earrings.
_20190322_165236.jpg
With the tincups.
_20190322_165216.jpg
By the way, it's a very small glass...
_20190322_165147.jpg
_20190322_165125.jpg
_20190322_165102.jpg

I also got an idea about making some dangly black and white earrings. Had to get my aceton and glue again...
_20190322_165320.jpg
_20190322_165347.jpg
_20190322_165300.jpg
I used these pearls for my earrings. White south sea pearls.
_20190322_165746.jpg
And some tahitians. They are not this dark in real life, dark grey with some brown maybe. Depending on the light.
_20190322_165538.jpg
So in the aceton they went and then I glued on pearl caps and attatched some silver chain to them. Actually very pleased with these. The pearls looks lovely together.

Last edited:
Back