My pearls

Thank you Pattye, I wear the rikiteas at least once a week, usually with these studs. Being around 10 mm, they might accually be about 9mm, they are very comfortable to wear. I have larger studs as well, but sometimes they makes my earlobes ache after a long workday.

I made a pair of wirewrapped tahitian and freshwater keshi dangle earrings with some of the leftover white keshis. The tahitians came from a pair of earrings that I didn't like the findings on and therefore didn't use. The tahitians are mainly steel grey and maybe a slight blue overtone in some lights.
_20190112_203946.jpg
By the way, totally inspired by Sarahs lovely Kojima earrings.

I also knotted some of the peach freshwater keshis. The necklace is about 20 inches long and knotted with Beaders secret in gold. I used a fishhook clasp on this, mostly because I thought it would look best with yellow gold and I didn't have any other available. I don't really like fishhook clasps.
_20190112_205017.jpg
It looks rather good with my apricot and small freshwater rope.
_20190112_204951.jpg

Great finds and nice work Charlotta! So glad you were able to get the smell out of those keshi; they're really lovely :)

Got some diffused light by the window today. Still hard to catch all overtones on tahitians though. Got some photos of my favorite pendants. First my green banded tahitian enhancer. I got this from Bob at Pearlsociety some years ago. It had another finding that I didn't like then but I changed it to an enhancer recently.
_20190113_144700.jpg
Next is my circled peacock pendant from Druzydesign. This one keep changing colors.
_20190113_144745.jpg
Then my circled silver purple blue circled tahitian enhancer. This one I also got from Bob at Pearlsociety.
_20190113_144950.jpg
Then my white south sea pendant, also from Bob. I had this one for years. This was the first south sea pearl I ever saw or owned. I was floored by the size and meringue (when you make meringue that is, not the finished ones) like glow.
_20190113_144904.jpg
Then my frog pendant. I love this one, it's so fun. And the medium gold south sea pearl in it has a gorgeous luster. Also from Bob.
_20190113_144838.jpg
And lastly my golden south sea enhancer, also from Bob (apparantly I do shop pendants from Bob...).
_20190113_144809.jpg

I took some individual photos of my studs as well, while the lighting was descent. First 11 mm white south sea studs with rose overtone. I got these fron Bob at Pearlsociety years ago. They were dangle earrings and I didn't like the findings on them so I made them studs instead.
_20190113_160349.jpg
Dark tahitian studs from Bob at Pearlsociety, 11 mm. These are tricky. They have a slight purple overtone if I put them in a white bowl filled with water. Otherwise they just look dark. Great with white pearls though.
_20190113_160320.jpg
Next very baroque white south sea studs, about 13-14 mm. They are fun but a bit heavy.
_20190113_160258.jpg
Champagne studs from TahitiPearldesigner, about 11mm.
_20190113_160237.jpg
Pale pistachio studs from Wendy at Pearlescence. About 11mm.
_20190113_160152.jpg
9 mm white south sea studs.
_20190113_160129.jpg
Lovely turquoise and green studs from Wendy at Pearlescence, about 13-14 mm.
_20190113_160055.jpg
My favorite blue green tahitian studs from Wendy at Pearlescence, about 11mm. These are so beautiful. I want a strand just like these.
_20190113_155940.jpg
Turquoise blue 12mm studs from Wendy at Pearlescence (do I see a trend). These one changes color a lot.
_20190113_160027.jpg
About 9mm turquoise and green studs from Wendy at Pearlescence. I usually combine these with my Rikitea strand from Cees.
_20190113_155900.jpg
Aubergine studs, about 8mm from Oceanscove. I love these.
_20190113_155825.jpg
Mismatched tahitian studs from Oceanscove, about 8 mm. I use these a lot.
_20190113_155752.jpg
Dark gold south sea studs, also about 8mm, from Oceanscove. Just beautiful and perfectly matches my dark gold strand from Cees.
_20190113_155729.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely collection Charlotte. Is the little froggy a pin or pendant?

Luvglitz, the frog is a pendant. It's so fun but not overly dramatic...works for everyday to.
86Corvettegirl, thank you. The frog is special.
Bweaves, thank you. It was'nt until I started writing out were I got my pearls from that I noticed this trend. Strand I buy from a lot of diffrent stores/websites. For studs I usually look at Pearlescence first, she has a lot of diffrent colors and sizes. I don't like to buy pearls I cannot see pictures on. Like chosing a size and overtone. I want to see the pearl, not have one of 20 or whatever. It doesn't matter that the photos online aren't always perfect, I can make an opinion on them anyway. For pendants I always look at Pearlsociety, there are so many kinds, Also with individual pictures. For me, as I cannot see the pearls in real life, its important to get an idea of what I want, to ponder what stud, strand etc I should choose. Putting them in my basket and then changing my mind, sometimes for weeks. When I opened the package with those blue green studs I was accually so pleased that I thought I would never need another pair...and then I bought some more.

I'm just catching up with this thread... Charlotta, you really are so talented. How wonderful to be able to whip up your own jewelry so fast!
I like the greenish goldens, Your dark golden Cees strand is awesome!
You have a lovely collection of beautiful earrings and pendants and I am in love with Monsieur Frog

Just beautiful, all of them - especially love all the blue studs

Charlotta your collection is wonderful! Very inspiring. Especially the pendants. I need more pearl pendants in my life!

Thank you JerseyPearl, I love those golden studs. When I put them next to my deep golden strand from Cees it looks like they were matched for each other. That was so fortunate, since I guessed really. Wearing my mismatched studs today, with greenbanded tahitian enhancer but to tired to take a selfie today.
Thank you 2thdktr, SydK and pammbw for your lovely comments.

JerseyPearl, I have a better photo for you. Not-husband bought me a foldable lightbox (not a good one but it works on everything except for my drop tahitian rope). So a better photo on my deep gold south sea studs from Oceanscove and also of my deep goldstrand from Cees.
_20190115_201646.jpg
_20190115_202019.jpg

Back